I just happened upon this video that TechCrunch posted from their live interviews at CES today. Go to 40 min in the video to see the start of RIM hating. It's so blatant their hate towards RIM. The RIM guy at the booth handled it very well. Props to him for keeping his cool.

TechCrunch CES 2012 January 10, 2012 6:29 AM, Live from CES 2012's press day. Watch the team make the best of endless press conferences. Tune in later in t...

Btw, this is NOT the main Blackberry booth. The main booth from what I've seen is very nice and impressive.
    01-10-12 04:12 PM
    The RIM guy is Alex Kinsella, and he's awesome. He's the PR and Social Media Manager at RIM, and does a lot of awesome work promoting app developers. (@AlexKinsella on Twitter)
    As for TechCrunch... I have nothing nice to say about that "interview".
    01-10-12 04:19 PM
    Yeah they definitely went in with open minds...
    Last edited by spike12; 01-10-12 at 04:32 PM.
    01-10-12 04:28 PM
    That was the most ignorant POS 'interview' ever -- Alex handled it like a champ. Love RIM, hate RIM.. to seek them out to specifically lay into them like that was just uber lame.
    Jince, webmn, spike12 and 5 others like this.
    01-10-12 04:31 PM
    At least they admit techcrunch is on the decline as well and from an interview like that it isn't very surprising.
    01-10-12 04:31 PM
    Who was that guy anyway? He didn't even know the name of the show he was interviewing for.. too lazy to watch the whole vid.
    01-10-12 04:32 PM
    I like Alex, I follow him on twitter. I'm embarrassed for the tech crunch crew. That was juvenile at best.
    01-10-12 04:33 PM
    Okay am off to unfollow tech crunch on my twitter account now.
    CDM76 and CanadianThomas like this.
    01-10-12 04:34 PM
    Wow, it went from interviews to opinion and trash-talking. Really solid journalism. Why didn't they challenge the D-Link guy cuz there's already webcams... They didn't editorialize on their personal webcams, etc.

RIM bashing aside, they are really annoying...
    01-10-12 04:36 PM
    That was very classless. Alex handled it very well.

Regardless of how RIM's stock price has performed in the past few quarters, the company is still profitable. If they can avoid a predatory takeover in the next 7-8 months, I believe they will come back strong.
    ignites and CDM76 like this.
    01-10-12 04:38 PM
    Okay am off to unfollow tech crunch on my twitter account now.
    I might have to add them just so I can unFollow them.
    BBThemes and CanadianThomas like this.
    01-10-12 04:40 PM
    wow does guys are just looking at all of blackberrys flaws, just as the Alex guy said, just because blackberry is not doing so well in US, doesn't mean its not good any where else. And that tech crunch guy was just trying to act like an just so he can insult blackberry
    01-10-12 04:43 PM
    This video wasn't that bad and Alex Kinsella did a good job. This was shot on Monday and now after seeing OS2 in action they probably have a different opinion

And they gave RIM the last word (interview)
    01-10-12 05:18 PM
    That was the most disgusting and tasteless attempt at journalism that I've ever seen. Techcrunch has no class, and are very immature. I don't know who those 2 reps from techcrunch are, and if i did, i would be embarrassed to know them. I do know who Alex is, and he handled himself very well.

I've never liked techcrunch, and this just gives me more reason to stay away from them.
    recompile likes this.
    01-10-12 05:27 PM
    Wow, how do people like that get a mic and camera?
    01-10-12 05:36 PM
    What a shower of toss$rs, those 2 don't seem to have a clue about tech? How did that guy get a job on that site?
    01-10-12 05:44 PM
    notice the corona bottle! i am pretty sure they were drunk.
    01-10-12 07:49 PM
    notice the corona bottle! i am pretty sure they were drunk.
    Next in the news: two tech crunch employees are fired and fined for being drunk and disorderly at CES.
    01-10-12 08:22 PM
    The girl with the cowboy hat and the party glasses looks and sounds like she's about 10 breaths away from blowing chuncks all over the booth. Good thing the interview was stopped.
    01-10-12 08:39 PM
    those guys went over there to try to make fun of Rim.
    hahah good thing we have pros working with Rim. If
    that was me i would have already cracked that Corona bottle in
    his face with his first question.
    01-10-12 10:35 PM
    Wow, I know that RIM has had a lot of screw ups that I'm openly critical of, but that was downright rude, and if his attempts was to be funny, it was painfully annoying.
    01-10-12 11:18 PM
    Is it just me or did the Daily Telegraph Brit seem totally hammered.

At the start of the video he keeps on going about handsfree vacuum cleaners, handsfree projectors, handsfree docks for iPad and handsfree cocktails.

Just goes to show that if there is alcohol around humans would find a way to make themselves look silly.
    01-11-12 12:24 AM
    Wish I could view the video on my BB (must be flash). But judging from your comments here, it sounds pretty bad. Even if you have a grudge against a company or their products, at least present yourself with some modicum of class.
    01-11-12 12:59 AM
    I stopped reading all the trash on Gizmodo, BGR, and TechCrunch. Yes, RIM is going through a challenging transition, but they are doing way better than Palm and many other companies. Fair reporting of RIM's struggles are fine, but mischaracterizing facts, making crap up with certain "sources", and putting misleading spins on things are just ridiculous.
    sf49ers, recompile and Jake2826 like this.
    01-11-12 02:02 AM
    That Alex guy handled it nicely. If I were in Alex's shoes, I would have had more sh1t to throw back at those TechCrunch guys though. I'm honestly sick of RIM playing nice. Like when they mocked the "unified inbox" and how one of the interviewers said their iPhones already had it... I would have said "Really? When did you have time to play with that? Aren't you busy learning how to copy and paste or change your text tones or wallpaper? That's pretty new for you iPhone people isn't it? Oh well. You're still emailing on an iPhone."

I think RIM should prepare their employees for stuff like this. Maybe sales figures to know, how it's the #1 smartphone in the UK, and definitely a few one liners. The condescending way that the TechCrunch people talked to Alex was pretty bad. "Is anyone still buying a BlackBerry?" What sort of question is that? And the way they were demeaning the booth...which wasn't even the main BlackBerry booth! I seriously would not have let that old guy and his non-camera ready female counterpart talk to me like that. It's clear that they weren't joking around either, they had just met Alex right before, as the interviewer said "nice meeting you" or something at the end. Regardless of what you think of someone's company, who even talks to another person like that so blatantly rudely?
    01-11-12 03:13 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD