My usual morning routine is to check out Crackberry.com for all the latest Blackberry news, and then Gizmodo, followed by a few more tech blogs. What's REALLY starting to irritate me is how all these other sites (Gizmodo especially!) report about RIM in the most negative way possible!

Although I don't agree with it, I realize that the average news site is just eager to get a story out, so they misconstrue things, and just rush it to publish, but shouldn't there be a little bit more integrity from the sites/blogs that are specifically all about technology?!?

Gizmodo has, by far, some of the most negative articles about RIM that I have ever read, and most of them are based on nothing but an ignorant bloggers opinion! Somehow, however, Apple can do no wrong ... surprise, surprise. Does this annoy anyone else as much as it does me?
    Last edited by hoopitz; 07-08-12 at 01:46 PM.
    roderickwill likes this.
    07-08-12 01:41 PM
    I have stopped visiting Engadget, Gismodo and the killer Apple site of BGR. They did not really me off. I just don't go there any more.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    07-08-12 01:44 PM
    Absolutely. It's fashionable to dis Blackberry, just because everyone else in your "circle" does.
    It's kind of like Hollywood and it's liberal bias.

I mean look - Blackberrys are for old non hip people right? Those who aren't with it enough to know that there are new phones on the market like "us".

It's part of wanting to be one of "us".
    Last edited by PheonixSun; 07-08-12 at 01:49 PM.
    Pete6 and shaleem like this.
    07-08-12 01:46 PM
    I have a hard time understanding why anyone reads Gizmodo anyways... With or without the RIM negativity.
    Laura Knotek and shaleem like this.
    07-08-12 01:47 PM
    people still visit gizmodo? I stopped reading them long time ago but every so often they might have a story that interests me. Other wise engadget and anandtech are still something i frequent often.
    menaknow likes this.
    07-08-12 01:49 PM
    I like Ars Technica.
    katiepea likes this.
    07-08-12 01:50 PM
    I have a hard time understanding why anyone reads Gizmodo anyways... With or without the RIM negativity.
    I like that they cover, in my opinion, a broad range of some interesting stuff that isn't necessarily just technology.
    anon(1464249) likes this.
    07-08-12 01:53 PM
    Not annoyed at all but then again I take all of these things with a grain of salt.

People are going to write whatever drives traffic. Sad but just like in the press the
    adage "If it bleeds it leads" holds true for some tech bloggers too.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-08-12 01:55 PM
    I stick to TheVerge, Ars, AllthingsD and the mobile nations sites.

I use to use Engadget but I feel all the talent left for TheVerge.
    I use to read BGR as well but that site is a joke. I sometimes read it now just for laughs.
    OzarkaTexile likes this.
    07-08-12 01:59 PM
    For completely unbiased reviews, I don't think anyone can top Lisa Gade at Mobile Tech Review.

I also like PhoneDog...but I have a little mancrush on Aaron Baker :P.
    Toodeurep and mzceetee like this.
    07-08-12 02:13 PM
    Why do people take everything they read on the internet seriously and let it affect them emotionally?
    Jean-luc_Picard likes this.
    07-08-12 02:44 PM
    Why do people take everything they read on the internet seriously and let it affect them emotionally?
    JUST SHUT UP!!

(kidding, kidding)

:P
    jweihrauch and TgeekB like this.
    07-08-12 02:47 PM
    I've stopped going to sites that I know are biased or full of it.

So no, not pissed off.

Why even support them by visiting them and letting them p!$$ you off in the first place
    crazeee4u and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-08-12 02:49 PM
    Just don't visit those sites. Everytime you do, you are supporting them financially, and they are only encouraged to write more bias articles because that's what brings in the hits.

In fact, who cares about what the media says if you're perfectly happy with your phone like I am? It really shouldn't matter what other people think of your device. Just enjoy it, and you'll be the one ticking off the haters, not the other way around.
    07-08-12 02:51 PM
    The fact that all these "tech writers" on these sites only technical expertise in smart phones is the fact that they have used them bothers me more. Then the main media just reposts the uneducated dribble of those sites to fill space.
    07-08-12 02:53 PM
    Why even support them by visiting them and letting them p!$$ you off in the first place
    So true!! My blood pressure is high enough already!
    07-08-12 02:58 PM
    No. I have three different phones with three different OSes. At any one time there will be something negative on one of them.

I read it, then put one of the devices in my pocket or clip to belt and go about my business.

No kleenex required.
    07-08-12 02:58 PM
    It is like the old saying.... Look at the source"......
    07-08-12 03:07 PM
    yes. usually when they post these articles they have a little picture of the author at the top or bottom. take a look. you are reading the opinions of 'hipsters'.
    07-08-12 03:17 PM
    yes. usually when they post these articles they have a little picture of the author at the top or bottom. take a look. you are reading the opinions of 'hipsters'.
    You're reading the wrong blogs.
    07-08-12 03:18 PM
    I use to get annoyed with it but now I empathise with them but I don't appreciate their apple sucking
    07-08-12 03:19 PM
    I visit most of those sites and there is something negative about a wide range of companies. I personally like to see different point of views on certain products or services I use. It's a blog so I have no reason to get emotional over an opinion.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-08-12 04:04 PM
    All I really do anymore is stick to the Mobile Nations sites. I think the big boys of each site
    do a really, really good job. To be honest, I mainly visit CB, iMore, and Android Central.

I think the guys at AC do a fantastic job of keeping up with everything Android, which is a
    lot. They always have content and I think Phil does such a good job with everyone else.

Sometimes I feel bad for CB because at times there isn't as much content for devices and OS as
    there is for all the crap they've dealed with the past 18 months and all that bashing. But they do
    a great job with what they have and just keep on truckin'. Kevin is enthusiastic and that's great.

iMore is excellent. Less content when it comes up hardware and OS, but they do a fantastic job
    with app and accessory reviews.

All of these sites bring me all the news and opinions I actually care to read. I stopped visiting BGR
    a very long time ago. Although I use Apple products, I just can't stand the biased over there. It's
    mostly Gellar. I feel bad for the writers there that actually do a good job and do good reporting.
    Once I saw Gellar make those crybaby columns during the BB10 presentation because he was
    being a little b*tch because RIM wasn't going to give him a developer device, that was it for me.
    To make a blog post about your own childish tweets during the whole presentation was a disgrace
    writing/reporting and ultimately helps to shape the bad name bloggers sometimes get.
    07-08-12 04:23 PM
    Ignorance is irritating, I agree. Unfortunately, bashing RIM is the trend right now. Give it some time and just like any fad, it will get old. People can only read the same story and the same opinion so many times before they get bored.

For now, all we can really do is resist the urge to click on these so called "articles". After all, the writers are only after clicks.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-08-12 04:58 PM
    Until they get rid of Jesus Diaz, I will NEVER visit gizmodo again. In fact, getting rid of him isn't enough, they should tar and feather him.

I've never seen a "journalist" who misrepresents the facts and allows so much personal bias or outright fabrications into their stories.

Example article:
    "Apple sold 30 BILLION iPhones this weekend"

Comments section:
    "Jesus, you're wrong, there's not even that many people in the world"
    Response by Jesus:
    "F*** you, wanna fight about it???!!"
    User banned.

Yes, it's THAT bad.
    07-08-12 04:59 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD