BlackBerry on Twitter just posted this image with the tweet "Whaat is going on?! You'll see Sunday". Personally, I like the looks of this.

Edit: Another picture has been posted:

Teaser of BlackBerry's Super Bowl Ad-726155768.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Teaser of BlackBerry's Super Bowl Ad-munch_2013_02_01_092947.jpg  
    Last edited by ad19; 02-02-13 at 10:07 AM. Reason: New Picture
    02-01-13 08:32 AM
    Whatever it is, I'm liking it already. BlackBerry has a very serious, business-like image in the eyes of consumers. I've always thought they'll need to liven it up a bit to make the phone appeal more to younger audiences. And what better way to liven up your image than with colourful explosions?
    02-01-13 08:35 AM
    Too soon to say..
    02-01-13 08:39 AM
    i`ll admit i thought they done good when they announced a superbowl ad, but then when you realise your talking a month after the ad for the device to be on sale in the US? i dunno, just seems a lost opportunity.
    02-01-13 08:43 AM
    i`ll admit i thought they done good when they announced a superbowl ad, but then when you realise your talking a month after the ad for the device to be on sale in the US? i dunno, just seems a lost opportunity.
    Well, I assume they're not going to pull an Apple and they will be playing it more then once. Could look at it as a way to get people thinking of BlackBerry again.
    dietertong likes this.
    02-01-13 08:47 AM
    I hear what your saying but there's always a clever way to work current circumstances. Fingers crossed! Maybe just maybe we're going to see something people here wished we saw Jan 30th
    02-01-13 09:00 AM
    Is that an old Honda Accord or an old BMW?

Looks to me like an Accord.
    02-01-13 09:02 AM
    judging by the car and the 'poof' of colour, i'm guessing they wen't back in time with the Z10.
    02-01-13 09:02 AM
    3.7 Million for a 30 second spot.
    02-01-13 09:04 AM
    colourful explosions = WIN

I'm buying more stock now!
    02-01-13 09:07 AM
    Anybody else looking at random details trying to put them together?

So far - 1984 BMW 318i
    house # 437
    the bottom of the explosion looks suspiciously like legs.. .
    parking meter is expired
    Last edited by Marc_Paradise; 02-01-13 at 10:13 AM.
    02-01-13 09:08 AM
    Old BB to new.....? Maybe......
    bizzyqu likes this.
    02-01-13 09:13 AM

Possibly. Something is telling me that its an older Toyota Corolla.
    02-01-13 09:17 AM
    This is gonna be rich! Can't wait to see it.
    02-01-13 09:25 AM
    Testing the timeshift camera?? :-) Isn't that an arrow on the pic?
    02-01-13 09:28 AM
    Not going to lie, getting nervous. The ad has to show the phone and how it works. Gimmicks (glowing bikes/colorful smoke puffs) wont cut it.
    bizzyqu likes this.
    02-01-13 09:38 AM
    Not going to lie, getting nervous. The ad has to show the phone and how it works. Gimmicks (glowing bikes/colorful smoke puffs) wont cut it.
    Not necessarily. The ad has to get people to want to buy the phones (or at least be interested in them) - however it arrives there is irrelevant.
    02-01-13 09:39 AM

Looks more like a 1990 volvo
    Attached Thumbnails Teaser of BlackBerry's Super Bowl Ad-1990_volvo_240dl_wagon_2.jpg  
    02-01-13 09:41 AM
    If they are showing the time shift camera app in this particular part of the commercial, they are doing a great job if you ask me.

Emphasizing the true capabilities of the app.. capturing an exploding paint bomb (or whatever it is) in all its glory is much more difficult than taking a family picture. And way more original!
    02-01-13 09:45 AM
    Not necessarily. The ad has to get people to want to buy the phones (or at least be interested in them) - however it arrives there is irrelevant.
    Untrue. In a market like the US that has completely written off the company, there is no room for gimmicks. Yes, generating interest is the point, but the Blackberry name has a real negative attached to it right now. The commercial has to show a feature that is either absent in another platform, or at least works better/faster/cooler than the other platforms, and do it in a way that makes the viewer be able to place themselves into the ad. They have to walk away thinking "that feature looks neat" and not "that colored explosion looked cool".

There is a video out showing the business use of the phone, and really, it's excellent. Maybe a bit too much crammed into one video, but the message is bang on. The viewer sees it and relates to how (for instance) screen sharing while video chatting and multi tasking would fit into their lives. Even a consumer, not interested in the business aspects can relate to how that would be a benefit.

This was the problem with those glowing bikes (to pick on them). Essentially what it showed was some nifty looking bikes and people organizing via messaging which could easily be any messaging or texting app. That's why it resulted in no increased interest or sales in the Bold, but did generate buzz for the bikes themselves.

To summarize, BB10 is great with a lot of cool features - Show them off, not gimmicks.
    02-01-13 09:52 AM
    If they are showing the time shift camera app in this particular part of the commercial, they are doing a great job if you ask me.

Emphasizing the true capabilities of the app.. capturing an exploding paint bomb (or whatever it is) in all its glory is much more difficult than taking a family picture. And way more original!
    If that's what they're doing, then great. I think it would be better though to show off the time shift with a bunch of people since, really, that's more like what the average user will use the feature for.

Plus, I was under the impression time-shift used facial recognition and only time shifted those parts, not random objects.
    _dimi_ likes this.
    02-01-13 09:54 AM
    Looks more like a 1990 volvo
    Nah, the profile is all wrong as are the headlights and trim.

Take a look at this 1984 318i - I think we have a match:
    Teaser of BlackBerry's Super Bowl Ad-1984bmw318i_01_700.jpg

Edit: Hmm, not quite. While very similar, the 318i has an additional reflector on the quarterpanel that the original image does not. Still, I think BMW is the right track, mid-80s.

Edit again - look verrry closely at the wheel in the original pic - 99% sure that's a tiny BMW logo.

Edit 3: looks like some (maybe US?) models of the '84 318i did not have that reflector after all. So - that's my vote as to what it is
    02-01-13 09:55 AM
    Really guys, a Volvo? Now, a BMW I could see, but it's obviously an Accord. The tell tale is the side turn signal lights on the front. Look and you'll have to agree:

Teaser of BlackBerry's Super Bowl Ad-1983accord.jpg

Teaser of BlackBerry's Super Bowl Ad-accord.jpg
    LazyEvul and yasmar like this.
    02-01-13 10:17 AM
    I believe you are close with the model/year, it's definitely a BMW anyway.
    02-01-13 10:18 AM
    Nah, looks like an 80's model accord
    02-01-13 10:19 AM
31 12