Link: TD partners with Loblaw on Ugo mobile wallet

Author: Stefania Moretti

PC Financial and TD Canada Trust credit card-holders will soon be able to leave their cards at home and pay for groceries with their mobile phones. The two financial institutions say they will launch Ugo, a mobile wallet that lets users pay and collect PC Points at Loblaw-owned stores with just a tap of their Android or BlackBerry device, effective Spring 2014.

�We are excited to be teaming up with PC Financial to develop Ugo, the first collaboration of its kind between two Canadian banks,� said TD�s Teri Currie in a press release issued Wednesday. �We�re also thrilled to be able to offer one of Canada�s most popular retail loyalty programs by welcoming Loblaw as our first retail partner.�

Initially, Ugo users will only be able to load their TD Visa, PC Financial MasterCard and PC Points cards into the mobile wallet. However, eventually the plan is to allow Ugo users to add debit capabilities and bring other retailers and loyalty programs into the fold. That�s much closer to the idea of a truly mobile wallet that could ultimately replace the need for consumers to carry physical wallets for payments.

Ugo leverages existing near-field communication (NFC) technology (think Visa payWave and MasterCard Paypass) to process payments and will be available for use WITH? newer NFC-enabled Blackberry and Android devices. Additional platforms are planned for future releases, the banks said.
    sharma6 and Acumenight like this.
    11-11-13 05:19 PM
    Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:21 PM
    Interesting, I guess I will have to switch banks to get nfc payments. Would love to get rid of one more card in my wallet.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:25 PM
    I didn't expect this! Awesome news for cheapskates like me who use pc Mastercard!

Posted via Z10
    11-11-13 08:48 PM
    Not for iPhone? Ohh ya no NFC. Sucka. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:01 AM
    Interesting, I guess I will have to switch banks to get nfc payments. Would love to get rid of one more card in my wallet.

Posted via CB10
    CIBC has an app right now that works.
    11-13-13 08:35 AM
    Last week when I was at TD the teller let me in on a little secret. She said that they were testing direct deposit from your phone. She couldn't confirm whether this was for BlackBerry as well but you would assume so. This could come around the same time as the NFC payment app. I wish I had a link or something more credible but she only told me because I brought up CIBC's mobile payment app. I am hoping to see her again on Thursday so I can try to dig some more information out of her.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    12-17-13 12:19 PM
    Last week when I was at TD the teller let me in on a little secret. She said that they were testing direct deposit from your phone. She couldn't confirm whether this was for BlackBerry as well but you would assume so. This could come around the same time as the NFC payment app. I wish I had a link or something more credible but she only told me because I brought up CIBC's mobile payment app. I am hoping to see her again on Thursday so I can try to dig some more information out of her.

Posted via CB10
    This is all good. But there really needs to be a standardized way of doing this eventually. I can't imagine how expensive the cost of building an app for every OS will be over time.

- Developer of PinGuin
    12-17-13 12:29 PM
    Very interesting that this is with TD, since PC financial is a division of CIBC..

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 12:53 PM
    Yes! I have a PC Financial Mastercard. Finally I will get to play with NFC.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 12:02 AM
    Great. Now can I get a TD app for BB10 in the US?!?!? I had one on my bb7 Bold for Fk's sake!!!

Posted via CB10
    jh07 likes this.
    12-18-13 08:05 PM
    Great. Now can I get a TD app for BB10 in the US?!?!? I had one on my bb7 Bold for Fk's sake!!!

Posted via CB10
    There is a TD app for BB10. Why would you not be able to get it in the US?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 08:33 PM
    Cool. I wish we saw more support like this from other places.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 04:46 PM
    Of course old and outdated iPhone is excluded. I got must of my friends to dump their. Pathetic outdated iphones for SG4. Now they can't believe what a garbage outdated POS their iPhone was compared to other phones. Apple has good marketing to brainwash the weak minded people but even they are waking up.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:46 PM
    So do you need a NFC SIM card for this?

Zed30
    12-22-13 09:23 PM
    Works great on Z30 and Z10!

At this time no passport support so please let them know we appreciate BlackBerry support and to add passport and classic to eligible devices. I already have!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 12:22 PM
    The app says
    1. my Z10 is not a compatible device (though I downloaded the app from BBW!)
    2. unsupported OS (10.3.1.1151)
    3. unsupported wireless carrier (Telus w/NFC microSIM.)

:'(
    11-24-14 03:36 PM
    Very cool. I use PC financial, would love to get this.

Passport on Wind
    11-24-14 04:15 PM
    The app says
    1. my Z10 is not a compatible device (though I downloaded the app from BBW!)
    2. unsupported OS (10.3.1.1151)
    3. unsupported wireless carrier (Telus w/NFC microSIM.)

:'(
    You probably don't have an NFC sim card. Delete the app, install the NFC sim, and then reinstall the app.
    11-24-14 11:05 PM
    Where the heck is this app!?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 01:37 AM
    I have used the app the last couple of days and it works very well, no issues at all. I hope that they can sign up more partners because I would rather carry all of my points cards virtually.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 07:06 AM
    Where the heck is this app!?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry World. It is called UGO Wallet
    Acumenight likes this.
    11-25-14 08:40 AM
    It's not available for BlackBerry Passport

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...&userauth=true

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 08:45 AM
    Bah! NFC sim. But we have nfc built-in. So lamei

Passport on Wind
    11-25-14 09:22 AM
    I'd love this app if it were available for the passport.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-25-14 08:51 PM
88 123 ...