Seriously Canada TD, you develop an app for a watch, but not update or look after your canadian app on Blackberry, stupid.

TD Canada Trust brings Apple Watch support in latest update | MobileSyrup.com
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    04-27-15 12:57 PM
    This is a surprise? It's not really an app, but rather an extension. Much like Scotiabank for Android Wear.

It's best not to get caught up in the little things. Don't forget, the Apple Watch userbase is already more than the BlackBerry userbase, just based on the fact a Apple Watch needs a iPhone to work. (and it doesn't take much to create an extension)
    yohannyphm and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-27-15 01:33 PM
    Plus,.. as a bank, you generally want to attract wealthy fools that clearly have too much money on their hands.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:39 PM
    This is a surprise? It's not really an app, but rather an extension. Much like Scotiabank for Android Wear.

It's best not to get caught up in the little things. Don't forget, the Apple Watch userbase is already more than the BlackBerry userbase, just based on the fact a Apple Watch needs a iPhone to work. (and it doesn't take much to create an extension)
    Exactly, don't blame TD, the blame lies solely on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 05:37 PM
    Exactly, don't blame TD, the blame lies solely on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Excuse me? Why would I blame BlackBerry for TD not updating their app? There are still several million BlackBerry users in Canada and in fact, the last report showed BlackBerry was the number 2 smartphone brand in Toronto, Canada's largest city. So yes, I will blame TD and based on all the accounts I have with TD and the interest I pay them each and every month, I have every right to do so. The fees I pay alone can support a full time developer.

I encourage all TD customers to Tweet and email them to demand they update their app. https://secure.tdcanadatrust.com/cgi...lTitle=EASYWEB
    04-27-15 09:57 PM
    Excuse me? Why would I blame BlackBerry for TD not updating their app? There are still several million BlackBerry users in Canada and in fact, the last report showed BlackBerry was the number 2 smartphone brand in Toronto, Canada's largest city. So yes, I will blame TD and based on all the accounts I have with TD and the interest I pay them each and every month, I have every right to do so. The fees I pay alone can support a full time developer.

I encourage all TD customers to Tweet and email them to demand they update their app. https://secure.tdcanadatrust.com/cgi...lTitle=EASYWEB
    Just as I would point to Google for missing apps on Android, I say BlackBerry is ultimately responsible for its own ecosystem.

Clearly, in this instance, the bank sees Apple Watch support as a bigger opportunity and better use of resources right now. Mirrors the market as a whole.
    04-28-15 12:13 AM
    the last report showed BlackBerry was the number 2 smartphone brand in Toronto, Canada's largest city.
    Care to post said so-called "report"? Thanks
    04-30-15 09:08 AM
    Care to post said so-called "report"? Thanks
    I would also like to read this report.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 09:24 AM
    I would also like to read this report.

Posted via CB10
    iQmetrix Releases Sales Stats for Most Popular Mobile Phones in North America [INFOGRAPHIC] | iQmetrix

apprently this is it. Technically, they are tied for second, sharing 23% with the "Other" categorey.

Not to mention the date of the survey was from dec2013-may2014 (iirc), so pre iPhone 6 and Apple Watch annoucment. Also pre Galaxy S6/Edge, LG G4, HTC One M9 and so on.
    04-30-15 10:12 AM
    There are still several million BlackBerry users in Canada and in fact, the last report showed BlackBerry was the number 2 smartphone brand in Toronto, Canada's largest city.
    I am ok with the first part of your sentence above, the second is irrelevant. Toronto isn't Canada.
    04-30-15 10:14 AM
    No worries. Apple Watch has to get out of the gate first Apple Watch Shipments Set to Be Delayed Due to Defective Part - Video - TheStreet.

It will but I think its going to be a bit painful for Apple as compared to iPhone roll outs.
    04-30-15 10:20 AM
    I'm simply unconvinced that smartwatches are of any practical value to the average consumer. A few techies will buy it and that will be it. I just don't see what, if any advantages, it brings to the mobile marketplace. Wall street has certainly written it off which is interesting given their general love affair with anything Apple.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 06:05 AM
    One of my buddies worked on the new app for TD and when I asked him when they are releasing it for BlackBerry he told me never. I'm guessing eventually they will but nothing in the near future...might just need to install the android version

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 06:09 AM
    Most people here should know better that BlackBerry 10 will not get the app support we'd like it to.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-01-15 06:11 AM
    Most people here should know better that BlackBerry 10 will not get the app support we'd like it to.
    Yup. Chicken and egg syndrome for BB10. With no apps, no adoption - no adoption, no apps.
    Solution: Business device (back to there roots) and build the apps that those businesses need. I think in the end (as in today not when BB10 first launched) it was the only solution to save hardware in any form.
    05-01-15 07:48 AM
    One of my buddies worked on the new app for TD and when I asked him when they are releasing it for BlackBerry he told me never. I'm guessing eventually they will but nothing in the near future...might just need to install the android version
    That may be part true as TD did launch a mobile wallet for BB10 through an app called UGO Wallet, which is constantly being updated.

I have no problems running Android apps on my phone but when it comes to companies like TD that take so much of my money, then at least offer a decent app and conveniences like cheque deposit. Other banks seem to be OK with updating their apps. For example, BMO's app is excellent and native. So is the Scotiabank app which was just updated a few days ago. Same with Tangerine which offers a great native app with cheque deposits too. RBC is just OK but at least it's not a web app like the TD app. It's really just TD that's dragging their feet with a terrible and useless web app.
    05-01-15 08:18 AM
    Folks, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but forget about loyalty in the business world. Today it's all about marketing, current trends and the bottom line.

When Blackberry was king of the smartphone industry back in the day, everyone was all in because there was money to be made because they had the market share back then.

Well, times have changed and the new Titans are Android and Apple and that's who is going to get the resources because they are generating the revenue now.

That's just basic business and I don't see it changing any time soon. Sometimes it's harder to rebuild a company then it is just to start over.
    Kris Simundson, TGR1 and techvisor like this.
    05-01-15 09:28 AM
    Seriously Canada TD, you develop an app for a watch, but not update or look after your canadian app on Blackberry, stupid.
    I can't download the app either way because I use a non-canadian carrier (I'm a canadian living in asia). Apparently TD only values iphone/android customers using canadian carriers.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:58 AM
    Plus,.. as a bank, you generally want to attract wealthy fools that clearly have too much money on their hands.

Posted via CB10
    Or their wrist!

Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.1.2582
    05-02-15 10:01 AM
    It won't work for anyone with a sleeve. There's a slight consolation lol
    05-02-15 10:27 AM
    What is the point in getting upset when an app you want to use is not available for BlackBerry, did we all not know this when choosing to use OS10?

The company was in a real rough spot when OS10 launched, Chen has been working to bring the company back to life.

We are still uncertain if the hardware division is even going to exist a few years down the road since Chen is focusing on the software side of the business. It's what's bringing in money for blackberry now.

As sad as it is, devs are not wasting time or resources for very little return with blackberry. They make huge profits developing for IOS and Android.

I still don't have an app for my bank, so I use the browser to access it, I couldn't care less if they ever make an app for it since it works totally fine using the browser.

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    05-02-15 11:15 AM
    One city, regardless of its size, doesn't represent the whole country lol.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    05-08-15 01:25 PM
    One city, regardless of its size, doesn't represent the whole country lol.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    You must live in western canada.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 12:29 AM
    It depends on , which one has more users

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 11:40 AM
    I thought apps don't matter, just use the browser right?
    05-09-15 06:16 PM
28 12