He he, it's as much about taking the photo as about the photo itself. I love the flaring the Tessar gives.

Are you sure that is not more a matter of an uncoated lens? I didn't know that was a Tessar characteristic.
    12-14-13 08:32 AM
    Are you sure that is not more a matter of an uncoated lens? I didn't know that was a Tessar characteristic.
    It's the only lens that gives me that round flare, all others give me like a string of diamonds across the photo

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:52 AM
    It's the only lens that gives me that round flare, all others give me like a string of diamonds across the photo

Well that lens is dedicated to that camera, so it's a combination of the lens and camera. Was that shot w/ the TLR? I can't tell but it looks like the lens might be coated. Antireflection coatings were just starting to become widely used in the 1950s.
    12-15-13 01:13 AM
    Well that lens is dedicated to that camera, so it's a combination of the lens and camera. Was that shot w/ the TLR? I can't tell but it looks like the lens might be coated. Antireflection coatings were just starting to become widely used in the 1950s.
    Yeah, it was taken with the TLR. The camera is just a box with a shutter so it's all the lens and the film, this was a Kodak Portra 160 medium format. I don't actually know if it's coated, how can you tell?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 08:15 AM
    Thanks omnitech bout time someone did what you did, it seems that's the new thing to throw around these days, "BlackBerry phones not on bes are no more secure than other phones"

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    That's not true at all. Every time an update comes out for iPhone there is always a new video on how to hack through the passcode is there not?

Codes are irrelevant for android anyways since Google is already farming out your data.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 08:25 AM
    That's not true at all. Every time an update comes out for iPhone there is always a new video on how to hack through the passcode is there not?

Codes are irrelevant for android anyways since Google is already farming out your data.

You mis-read his comment and he does not disagree with you.
    12-15-13 04:25 PM
    Yeah, it was taken with the TLR. The camera is just a box with a shutter so it's all the lens and the film, this was a Kodak Portra 160 medium format. I don't actually know if it's coated, how can you tell?

An optically-coated lens will have a colored reflection from the lens surface. Your picture seems to show a light blue reflection from the TLR lenses, which would be a very common characteristic of a single-coated lens from those days. (Modern lenses generally have multiple layers of antireflection coating, and the color of the reflection varies. For example Nikon Nikkor lenses and filters often have a greenish reflection from the outside element, and the colors can vary from element to element.)

Also regarding the optical characteristics of the camera - things like how well blackened the shutter leaves, aperture blades and internal baffles are, have an impact on internal flare in a camera and on the images it produces.
    12-15-13 04:29 PM
    You mis-read his comment and he does not disagree with you.
    Sorry about that

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:07 PM
    An optically-coated lens will have a colored reflection from the lens surface. Your picture seems to show a light blue reflection from the TLR lenses, which would be a very common characteristic of a single-coated lens from those days. (Modern lenses generally have multiple layers of antireflection coating, and the color of the reflection varies. For example Nikon Nikkor lenses and filters often have a greenish reflection from the outside element, and the colors can vary from element to element.)

Also regarding the optical characteristics of the camera - things like how well blackened the shutter leaves, aperture blades and internal baffles are, have an impact on internal flare in a camera and on the images it produces.
    Aha, thanks for that, the lenses don't seem to be coated, the light blue reflection is probably because I was just beside the sea and at times the reflection makes the clouds seem very blue.

PS then again, I am colour blind lol
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 12-16-13 at 04:04 AM.
    12-16-13 03:53 AM
    BlackBerry got a major deal with the US Government - DoD. Should we open this thread back up?

Some people may want to retract their comments.

Posted via CB10
    The Big Picture likes this.
    01-20-14 12:01 PM
    Now that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Just imagine if anyone in Western developed countries actually thought BlackBerries were "cool" these days...

Straining brain.......... can't.....do.......it......

Cool is a funny thing in itself, is a forty year old dressing like a teenager cool? The thing is, I feel that, lots of people say that BlackBerry is uncool, that in itself makes it kinda cool.
    Who cares about cool? Insecure people do.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    01-20-14 12:22 PM
    BlackBerry got a major deal with the US Government - DoD. Should we open this thread back up?

Some people may want to retract their comments.

Posted via CB10
    + 1

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    01-20-14 01:35 PM
    Yup! I guess the DOD proves once again BlackBerry is more secure than iphone! Z30 is a rocking device.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 02:22 PM
    Yup! I guess the DOD proves once again BlackBerry is more secure than iphone! Z30 is a rocking device.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, all the doubters disappeared today. They tried to flogged some bizarre, six degrees of separation story on encryption software. That was killed by the BlackBerry faithful doing something as sophisticated as searching the Internet. The tide is changing.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:10 PM
    BB10 phones that are not on BES10 are no more secure than any other phone.

BB10 phones that are on BES10 have, potentially, several services that ARE more secure than other phones, but even then, phone calls, SMS/MMS, Web browsing, and other services are still no different than other phones.

One of the most important aspects of security is understanding what is and isn't secure. Merely "having faith" is not security - security has real definitions and limitations, on every platform.
    So, I guess you need to reconsider your position.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:14 PM
    DoD/pentagon contract proves BlackBerry is THE most secure MDM and phone system available.

We can rest our case now.

Iphones are ipods with phone capabilities. They werent built with security in mind from the start. They were built to be attractive consumer built phones with all the games and fun apps.

Blackberry have and always will be designed for enterprise and security.

Android will have its security flaws for now. Its an open sourced OS used by any manufacturer who wants it, and for practically free of cost.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    undone likes this.
    01-22-14 12:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    When used with a BES and perhaps even that special SD card like the Germans have. Otherwise its pretty much like any other system when it is not.
    01-22-14 12:31 PM
    When used with a BES and perhaps even that special SD card like the Germans have. Otherwise its pretty much like any other system when it is not.
    Yeah but that's the whole point, isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 12:40 PM
    Yeah but that's the whole point, isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    I guess if you're going to be on a BES. The majority are not so for the majority of people the only thing more secure is your OS will not be affected. People can still snatch passwords etc. OTA
    01-22-14 12:44 PM

As has been demonstrated many times now, there are actually a variety of reasons why BlackBerry devices are architecturally superior to most of the competition in regards to security, with or without external enhancements.

You can keep touting that same debunked line until the cows come home - it is no more true this time than the last dozen times you've tried to assert it.
    01-23-14 04:53 AM
    As has been demonstrated many times now, there are actually a variety of reasons why BlackBerry devices are architecturally superior to most of the competition in regards to security, with or without external enhancements.

You can keep touting that same debunked line until the cows come home - it is no more true this time than the last dozen times you've tried to assert it.
    So no one can listen in on calls? Read your text? BBRY will give up our info id the NSA request it? You can not be effects at all by browser hacks? No password to sites can be stolen? All not on a BIS?
    01-23-14 05:29 AM
    So no one can listen in on calls? Read your text? BBRY will give up our info id the NSA request it? You can not be effects at all by browser hacks? No password to sites can be stolen? All not on a BIS?
    It's not about who CAN access your phone, it's about who CAN'T access your phone.

Since 9-11, all government from federal to local can access your phone if necessary. That's the obvious that won't change.

It's about keeping your phone locked down from the 20 year old computer slap living in his mother's basement asking for more meatloaf. That's who BlackBerry cares about securing their devices from - the everyday day hacker.

Businesses and governments do not what their phones hacked as their is a lot of private conversations help on those devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 05:53 AM
    Ok so this thread is only for people using a BES. Yes its more secure than an iPhone in some areas when your not on a BES. But not impenetrable.
    01-23-14 06:48 AM
    Cellebrite UFED devices can circumvent the password on a whole host of apple phones and access their content. Cellebrite UFED devices cannot circumvent the password on a locked BlackBerry. Therefore, data stored on a locked BlackBerry is more secure than data stored on a locked apple phone. Therefore, BlackBerry is significantly more secure than apple.
    01-23-14 06:53 AM
    BB10 phones that are not on BES10 are no more secure than any other phone.

BB10 phones that are on BES10 have, potentially, several services that ARE more secure than other phones, but even then, phone calls, SMS/MMS, Web browsing, and other services are still no different than other phones.

One of the most important aspects of security is understanding what is and isn't secure. Merely "having faith" is not security - security has real definitions and limitations, on every platform.
    Here we go again .... all is in the "secure" term.
    What is secure on a BlackBerry device (BBOS and BB10) and isn't on other platforms is the system integrity : you cannot gain root access. (short : an encrypted and PW protected BB cannot be broken).
    This is the underlying security context. Being under BES or not has nothing to do with it.

Then, what you describes refers more to privacy/encryption/tracking concerns and data traffic in general.
    (FTR : web browsing and data driven services are not trackable with BES - there's VPN/proxy for that)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-23-14 at 07:20 AM.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    01-23-14 07:06 AM
217 ... 56789