OK OK, calling this a "Passport Slider" is click bait, but in case this has not been posted here before (my apologies if it has) -- check out what TCL has been up to:

https://www.cnet.com/news/leaked-pho...into-a-tablet/
    02-17-20 02:18 PM
    "TCL has notably embraced concept phone designs in the last year, showing off at least half a dozen foldable phone prototypes"

It's like they want folks to know they are still around... they just aren't making them.
    02-17-20 02:24 PM
    I got excited when I read "slider" because my mind immediately translated it to "QWERTY slider" but alas, it's just gonna be more slab.
    DWonder and hplovecraft like this.
    02-17-20 03:57 PM
    No one wants to be the only OEM without a foldable in the works if they take off. I'd expect that the carriers and the makers will feel the market out for a while and work out any reliability issues before anyone makes any large-scale commitments.
    02-17-20 04:00 PM
    02-17-20 07:26 PM
    OK OK, calling this a "Passport Slider" is click bait, but in case this has not been posted here before (my apologies if it has) -- check out what TCL has been up to:

Evil Click-bait post :-(. Snakes and ladders....guess which one this slider is? Give me a passport slider for real, BlackBerry!
    the_boon and PantherBlitz like this.
    02-17-20 07:32 PM
    Give me a passport slider for real, B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶B̶e̶r̶r̶y̶!
    Anyone!
    02-17-20 07:36 PM

Has is this a Passport slider?..........its another fordable phone....just what the world needs.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-18-20 08:26 AM
    Has is this a Passport slider?..........its another fordable phone....just what the world needs.
    Well at least it's not just another solid state slab, which is really what the world doesn't need more of.

But yeah if it doesn't somehow involve a QWERTY, it won't get my money.
    02-18-20 10:51 AM
    One half of the screen slides out from under the other to form something square-ish. It does not fold.
    Work Wide!
    02-18-20 11:28 AM
    One half of the screen slides out from under the other to form something square-ish. It does not fold.
    Work Wide!
    still waiting..........................no Passport......just another slab...........keep moving.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-18-20 12:22 PM
    But only if it had a pkb lmao
    the_boon likes this.
    02-18-20 06:21 PM
    But only if it had a pkb lmao
    ...how about half the keyboard...with qy,ah overlapping qwerty keys mimicing the full spread (with a shift of some type to determine which key is intended , then when side slided out the full keyboard functioning normally. lol.
    02-21-20 10:27 PM
    ...how about half the keyboard...with qy,ah overlapping qwerty keys mimicing the full spread (with a shift of some type to determine which key is intended , then when side slided out the full keyboard functioning normally. lol.
    Some kind of giant oversized BlackBerry Pearl or Style from yesteryear?
    02-22-20 08:21 AM