Bla1ze, since the dust has settled, could you please reopen the "TCL in LFA" thread?
    Thanks!
    09-05-19 12:57 PM
    Bla1ze, since the dust has settled, could you please reopen the "TCL in LFA" thread?
    Thanks!
    In the Florida panhandle, that's known as Lower F__ Alabama... FWIW
    09-05-19 01:01 PM
    In the Florida panhandle, that's known as Lower F__ Alabama... FWIW
    Wait.... what?
    09-05-19 01:23 PM
    When I was in Panama City Beach in '83, the panhandle was called Baja Alabama.
    09-05-19 01:51 PM
    When I was in Panama City Beach in '83, the panhandle was called Baja Alabama.
    Since you were last here, Alabama, Georgia and Florida have joined the USA, seceded to be part of the CSA and rejoined the USA so it's been awhile since under Spanish control.

JK
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 09-05-19 at 06:59 PM.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    09-05-19 04:02 PM
    Looks like they announced some new Alcatel devices as well,

https://www.alcatelmobile.com/ifa-2019/
    09-05-19 05:15 PM
    You actually believe that the end of a BlackBerry Branded devise would not be news worthy? An Iconic company with ongoing interests? I find that short sighted.
    Sure, the press would cover it and make stupid announcements like BlackBerry is out of business. Zero good can come to BlackBerry Limited by such an announcement. I also don't see anything good coming to TCL from such an announcement.

If TCL is done with BlackBerry Mobile I bet they will just let BB Mobile fade away.
    09-05-19 06:35 PM
    It would be strange for TCL NOT to mention it's BlackBerry Mobile devices amongst it's other offerings at an international event. It'd be totally illogical and would be giving us a big hint.
    09-06-19 03:45 AM
    It would be strange for TCL NOT to mention it's BlackBerry Mobile devices amongst it's other offerings at an international event. It'd be totally illogical and would be giving us a big hint.
    They didn't mention Palm as well.
    09-06-19 03:47 AM
    They didn't mention Palm as well.
    Who didn't? Why Palm?
    My point is if the Key series were key for TCL, they'd be using the IFA to shout about it.
    09-06-19 04:30 AM
    Who didn't? Why Palm?
    My point is if the Key series were key for TCL, they'd be using the IFA to shout about it.
    Well, I meant Palm is their own brand, and they could also shout about it, but they didn't because they have nothing to say about Palm. So, it doesn't necessarily mean that Palm is dead. Same could be inferred from BlackBerry situation.
    09-06-19 04:37 AM
    Well, I meant Palm is their own brand, and they could also shout about it, but they didn't because they have nothing to say about Palm. So, it doesn't necessarily mean that Palm is dead. Same could be inferred from BlackBerry situation.
    sounds logical, but I think BlackBerry mobile is much more important than Palm in their portfolio, and what you don't say is as important as what you do say in communication. This is why the rumour mill is in full swing!!
    09-06-19 04:40 AM
    sounds logical, but I think BlackBerry mobile is much more important than Palm in their portfolio, and what you don't say is as important as what you do say in communication. This is why the rumour machine is in full swing!!
    All signs tell that BlackBerry Mobile is no longer important to TCL. This is almost a fact by now.
    The real question today, is BlackBerry Mobile dead or Key3 coming?
    I hope we can know the answer soon. I'm still patiently waiting for our German friend's (Paul Elmar) story.
    09-06-19 04:48 AM
    All signs tell that BlackBerry Mobile is no longer important to TCL. This is almost a fact by now.
    I hope we can know the answer soon. I'm still patiently waiting for our German friend's (Paul Elmar) story.
    We all are!!
    09-06-19 04:49 AM
    We all are!!
    MWC is just around the corner..... six months and the picture will be clearer.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-06-19 07:42 AM
    While CrackBerry is amazing, Twitter is public. Best to ask TCL about it on there. Also allows others that may have forgotten about BlackBerry Mobile to be reminded and ask about it on their own.
    09-06-19 08:04 AM
    Who didn't? Why Palm?
    If the KEY series were a priority, AND they knew it's future, they would be leaking designs and talking about it. As has been said, the possibilities for what we're seeing are pretty straightforward :

1) The BBMo experiment is over, and it will slowly fade to nothing, with no announcement.

2) The BBMo experiment is over, and we'll eventually see a statement.

3) TCL and BlackBerry Limited are stuck in renegotiation, and everything is on hold pending the outcome of those discussions

4) Everything is normal, and TCL is quietly designing the KEY3 and/or other phones.

I'd say that 4 is very unlikely, but 1, 2, and 3 are all reasonable conclusions from the information at hand.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-06-19 08:48 AM
    If the KEY series were a priority, AND they knew it's future, they would be leaking designs and talking about it. As has been said, the possibilities for what we're seeing are pretty straightforward :

1) The BBMo experiment is over, and it will slowly fade to nothing, with no announcement.

2) The BBMo experiment is over, and we'll eventually see a statement.

3) TCL and BlackBerry Limited are stuck in renegotiation, and everything is on hold pending the outcome of those discussions

4) Everything is normal, and TCL is quietly designing the KEY3 and/or other phones.

I'd say that 4 is very unlikely, but 1, 2, and 3 are all reasonable conclusions from the information at hand.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Yep, because if people are interested they will be willing to wait if they know something is on the way.
    09-06-19 09:18 AM
    I think this is old news at TCL and BlackBerry Ltd.... TCL knew at MWC that they might not have a KEY3 or PIE. I still think it was last summer that BB Ltd put all the licensees on notice that they were behind on their contracts.... BBMP folded last fall, Optiemus pushed out those two phone they were sitting on (well one), and TCL put all they had into the LE with no promises of long term support (patches or updates).

Any renegotiation at this point isn't about the future of the partnership but how much is owed.... The time to fix things so that they could continue, was before things got to this point.
    09-06-19 09:31 AM
    I think this is old news at TCL and BlackBerry Ltd.... TCL knew at MWC that they might not have a KEY3 or PIE. I still think it was last summer that BB Ltd put all the licensees on notice that they were behind on their contracts.... BBMP folded last fall, Optiemus pushed out those two phone they were sitting on (well one), and TCL put all they had into the LE with no promises of long term support (patches or updates).

Any renegotiation at this point isn't about the future of the partnership but how much is owed.... The time to fix things so that they could continue, was before things got to this point.
    Very logical analysis!
    09-06-19 11:39 AM
    QFT! Manufacturing has halted, updates have stopped. TCL is announcing other branded phones. They would have to be Lazardis-level incompetent to act this way if they had any plans to continue BlackBerry branded phones.
    09-06-19 04:29 PM
    QFT! Manufacturing has halted, updates have stopped. TCL is announcing other branded phones. They would have to be Lazardis-level incompetent to act this way if they had any plans to continue BlackBerry branded phones.
    I'd pick different example than Lazardis though. Everyone believes what they've been read or told. Crazy like a fox. Legally selling of his BlackBerry holdings without panicking shareholders. How much is the guy worth. Since everyone thinks BB10 was so great, why didn't he stick around? He was actually just lucky to leave before the other common folk?

I do agree with your complete observations besides him though.
    09-06-19 04:44 PM
    They have always had other phone brands, technically 4 right now at least if not more.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-06-19 04:44 PM
48 12