Not BlackBerry related, but in the past some have "talked" about TCL's other devices.

This will be the cheapest 5G phone at $399 (Verizon), at least on the retail side of things.

"The TCL 10 5G UW isn’t quite at the tip-top of the high-end smartphone market, but it can still hold its own, featuring a 6.53-inch FHD+ LCD, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 765G chipset paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, and a 4,500mAh battery. It also supports Qualcomm’s 18W Quick Charge 3.0, which means you can get up to a 50% charge in just 35 minutes. The phone has both a 3.5mm headphone jack and a microSD card expansion slot."

Problem we all know with TCL... is updates. They had promised updates and patches when the "announced" these phones way back in January. But have no idea how they have done thus far on the previously released devices. I look for a deal on a Pixel, Samsung or iPhone 12....
    10-27-20 10:30 AM
    Not bad but I would go with google 4a 5g for $499.
    neoberry99 and cribble2k like this.
    10-27-20 02:41 PM
    Not BlackBerry related, but in the past some have "talked" about TCL's other devices.

This will be the cheapest 5G phone at $399 (Verizon), at least on the retail side of things.

"The TCL 10 5G UW isn’t quite at the tip-top of the high-end smartphone market, but it can still hold its own, featuring a 6.53-inch FHD+ LCD, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 765G chipset paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, and a 4,500mAh battery. It also supports Qualcomm’s 18W Quick Charge 3.0, which means you can get up to a 50% charge in just 35 minutes. The phone has both a 3.5mm headphone jack and a microSD card expansion slot."

Problem we all know with TCL... is updates. They had promised updates and patches when the "announced" these phones way back in January. But have no idea how they have done thus far on the previously released devices. I look for a deal on a Pixel, Samsung or iPhone 12....
    Well at least it’s landed VZW either way and not prepaid hardware either.
    10-27-20 02:47 PM
    It's a nice phone, but 2 things make it a non-starter for me: pure Chinese (no oversight from the West), and poor updates.

I'd take the essentially identical upcoming Nokia 7.3 5G instead. Same price too.
    10-27-20 07:01 PM
    It's a nice phone, but 2 things make it a non-starter for me: pure Chinese (no oversight from the West), and poor updates.

I'd take the essentially identical upcoming Nokia 7.3 5G instead. Same price too.
    And simply because it's a TCL phone. Their QC leaves quite a bit to be desired.

One user here had issues with his touchscreen on his 10L/10 Pro or whatever and had to RMA it.

I wouldn't use a TCsLab if one paid me to.
    Too many better ones on the market.
    10-27-20 08:13 PM
    And simply because it's a TCL phone. Their QC leaves quite a bit to be desired.

One user here had issues with his touchscreen on his 10L/10 Pro or whatever and had to RMA it.

I wouldn't use a TCsLab if one paid me to.
    Too many better ones on the market.
    I actually tested a 10 L for over a month. I was surprised how solid it was. But, again, at $179 the Nokia 5.3 is a better choice.
    10-27-20 08:28 PM
    Consumers like all of us should speak with our wallets and ONLY support OEM's that update good hardware. My stubborn MIL that would not and will not yet update her Samsung S7 Edge we bought her was just rewarded with another security patch update to September 1 patch. She has now received 4 1/2 years of security patching. So Samsung, Apple, Pixel (Although they seem to always have some sort of HW issue) and maybe One Plus (also hardware issues and their also 100 percent Chinese owned) would be my only recommendation for slabs. you don't even have to spend that much $$ to get great support.
    10-28-20 02:20 PM
    Good read:

Samsung rolling out an update to the Galaxy S7 shouldn't be celebrated — it should be the norm https://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...should-be-norm
    10-28-20 02:22 PM
    Good read:

Samsung rolling out an update to the Galaxy S7 shouldn't be celebrated — it should be the norm https://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...should-be-norm
    I can't imagine there are too many S7 users out there still
    10-28-20 02:31 PM
    Why not? HW still stands up and works well with the 820 and 4GB RAM. I suspect there are more than you think for them to keep pushing the security updates.

I helped my MIL clean up some stuff a month or so ago and her device, cased of course, looks and operates like new. She says her battery is still fine but certain a replacement is likely warranted.

It still does everything she wants a mobile phone to do and still takes damn good photos.
    10-28-20 02:55 PM
    We still have BB10 users!
    10-28-20 03:07 PM
    You lost me here too.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-20 03:31 PM
    AT&T was still selling them up until sometime last year. Someone was still buying them.
    10-28-20 03:55 PM
    AT&T was still selling them up until sometime last year. Someone was still buying them.
    Even last year, used/mint S8's could be had for so cheap, no reason really to go to the S7 with the giant bezels and MicroUSB port.
    10-28-20 05:31 PM
    My wife was using her S7 for four years due to Samsung continuing security updates. I will keep my Samsung Note 10+ for at least 3 years due to Samsung's update policy. I may even keep it longer since Samsung has committed to a 4th year of quarterly security updates. Google still only provides 3 years of Security updates.
    10-30-20 11:46 AM
    My wife was using her S7 for four years due to Samsung continuing security updates. I will keep my Samsung Note 10+ for at least 3 years due to Samsung's update policy. I may even keep it longer since Samsung has committed to a 4th year of quarterly security updates. Google still only provides 3 years of Security updates.
    Although, since the clock on OS versions starts the day a new Pixel is released, you have EXACTLY 4 years on the latest available version with Google.
    10-30-20 12:10 PM
    What's really weird is that our "house phone" S8 just got the Oct 1 security patch yesterday. This is after getting the Sept 1 patch just a few weeks ago.

The S8 has been on quarterly updates for over a year now, and the Sept update was a surprise even if it was a planned quarterly, because I still think it's past the year of scheduled quarterly updates (though, I may be off by a quarter).

Something must be up that Samsung felt the need to toss another update out so soon. I guess whatever was needed for the S7, they felt the S8 needed it too.
    10-30-20 12:58 PM
    What's really weird is that our "house phone" S8 just got the Oct 1 security patch yesterday. This is after getting the Sept 1 patch just a few weeks ago.

The S8 has been on quarterly updates for over a year now, and the Sept update was a surprise even if it was a planned quarterly, because I still think it's past the year of scheduled quarterly updates (though, I may be off by a quarter).

Something must be up that Samsung felt the need to toss another update out so soon. I guess whatever was needed for the S7, they felt the S8 needed it too.
    On a side note, glad to see you seem OK after one more hurricane. Florida doesn't seem too bad in comparison this year.....

Posted via CB10
    10-30-20 01:14 PM

Samsung did mentioned in a press release that they were patching a critical vulnerability. Perhaps it was only applicable to Samsung devices.
    10-30-20 02:12 PM
    Samsung did mentioned in a press release that they were patching a critical vulnerability. Perhaps it was only applicable to Samsung devices.
    And KEY2's (but no LEs).
    10-30-20 02:39 PM
    Although, since the clock on OS versions starts the day a new Pixel is released, you have EXACTLY 4 years on the latest available version with Google.
    Yes, but only three years of security updates. The Pixel 2 received its last update this month and the Pixel one in Oct. 2019. My Wife's S7 released six months earlier in 2016 is still releasing security updates. For phones in my company security updates are much more important the number upgrades. If I had to choose my choice is easy. Samsung now promises 3 major updates and 4 years of security updates and so far they are exceeding their promise of security updates by 4.5 years.

I personally don't see many individuals or corporations going past a 3 year upgrade cycle on phones. Just people like my wife who hates to change phones. I also don't like to change that often. The shortest cycle I have had for a while was my Note 8 and the only reason I changed was a great trade-in offer and other discounts.

Either way Google or Samsung phones are good choices for Android users. Depends on your preferences and how you use your phone. I am a big sPen user and have been since the Note 8 tablet back in 2013. I find the Note phones meet my business needs and easy to split the screen and use two office applications at the same time. I have many use cases for my Note phones that meet my needs. Not saying that is universal, just what I prefer.
    10-30-20 03:25 PM
    Yes, but only three years of security updates. The Pixel 2 received its last update this month and the Pixel one in Oct. 2019. My Wife's S7 released six months earlier in 2016 is still releasing security updates. For phones in my company security updates are much more important the number upgrades. If I had to choose my choice is easy. Samsung now promises 3 major updates and 4 years of security updates and so far they are exceeding their promise of security updates by 4.5 years.

I personally don't see many individuals or corporations going past a 3 year upgrade cycle on phones. Just people like my wife who hates to change phones. I also don't like to change that often. The shortest cycle I have had for a while was my Note 8 and the only reason I changed was a great trade-in offer and other discounts.

Either way Google or Samsung phones are good choices for Android users. Depends on your preferences and how you use your phone. I am a big sPen user and have been since the Note 8 tablet back in 2013. I find the Note phones meet my business needs and easy to split the screen and use two office applications at the same time. I have many use cases for my Note phones that meet my needs. Not saying that is universal, just what I prefer.
    Pixel 2 just got Android 11, and will keep receiving updates until at least the December patch (longer if Android 11 is still working out bugs).

But yes, some Galaxy devices get patch support during the 4th year. Although support for many other Galaxy phone are disastrous.

But, if I were a fan of Samsung, I'd be happy with the Note, S, and high-A device support going forward.
    10-30-20 03:29 PM
    On a side note, glad to see you seem OK after one more hurricane. Florida doesn't seem too bad in comparison this year.....

Posted via CB10
    I'm right in a wedge that seemed to get missed by every storm this year. A bunch to the west of me, and Zeta to the east, but nothing more than an inch to an inch and a half of rain at the most, and a bit of wind. Lucky this year... so far.

Unfortunately, hurricane season isn't over yet.
    10-30-20 03:37 PM
    Pixel 2 just got Android 11, and will keep receiving updates until at least the December patch (longer if Android 11 is still working out bugs).

But yes, some Galaxy devices get patch support during the 4th year. Although support for many other Galaxy phone are disastrous.

But, if I were a fan of Samsung, I'd be happy with the Note, S, and high-A device support going forward.
    On the Google support site says the last security update for the Pixel 2 is October 2020. Glad to hear they are going to December.
    10-30-20 04:55 PM
    I'm right in a wedge that seemed to get missed by every storm this year. A bunch to the west of me, and Zeta to the east, but nothing more than an inch to an inch and a half of rain at the most, and a bit of wind. Lucky this year... so far.

Unfortunately, hurricane season isn't over yet.
    Yeah ETA is out there, and long range forecast aren't real sure where it's going next week.... Florida could see some effects.

TCL 10 5G US is now out on a US Carrier....-plot20201103-0811.gif

But right now parts of Central America are dealing with a slow moving Major Hurricane that will dump a ton of water in some mountainous areas, that always lead to lots of flash floods and land slides.
    11-03-20 08:21 AM
41 12