Yeah ETA is out there, and long range forecast aren't real sure where it's going next week.... Florida could see some effects.

Attachment 449959

But right now parts of Central America are dealing with a slow moving Major Hurricane that will dump a ton of water in some mountainous areas, that always lead to lots of flash floods and land slides.
    Last I saw, CAT4, almost CAT5 this morning. I'll be happy when 2020 is over.
    11-03-20 08:46 AM
    Last I saw, CAT4, almost CAT5 this morning. I'll be happy when 2020 is over.
    How things change in a day... but a week is a long time in the life of a Hurricane.
    11-04-20 08:16 AM
    What I dread about Android Platform, is these endless update that automatically kills the Phone's Internal Storage. Is BlackBerry going to abandon BOS?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-20 03:02 PM
    What I dread about Android Platform, is these endless update that automatically kills the Phone's Internal Storage. Is BlackBerry going to abandon BOS?

Posted via CB10
    It already published EOL statement and carriers will be dropping support as well.
    11-25-20 03:08 PM
    I'll be happy when 2020 is over.
    Here, here - worst year in my (limited) memory for sure.
    11-25-20 03:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can you please explain, I have never had this problem with Android.
    11-26-20 04:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry abandoned all of its platforms long ago.
    11-26-20 05:07 PM
    Hard to believe any Blackberry fans can still talk about TCL without throwing up a little. They are dead to me! Couldn’t care less what they offer at any price!
    elfabio80 and John Albert like this.
    11-26-20 06:20 PM
    Hard to believe any Blackberry fans can still talk about TCL without throwing up a little. They are dead to me! Couldn’t care less what they offer at any price!
    They gave us 2 more years of BlackBerry products though. The KEY² was my favourite BlackBerry-branded device of all time.
    11-26-20 06:45 PM
    They gave us 2 more years of BlackBerry products though. The KEY² was my favourite BlackBerry-branded device of all time.
    For sure, even 3+ years for those still using one now, such as myself.

However, now that they're out of that game, there's effectively nothing compelling about them in the mobile space.

Maybe if the Palm revival was an actual Palm revival, with a sliding keyboard...
    11-26-20 06:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can you please explain, I have never had this problem with Android.
    Neither have I.
    11-26-20 07:18 PM
    For sure, even 3+ years for those still using one now, such as myself.

However, now that they're out of that game, there's effectively nothing compelling about them in the mobile space.

Maybe if the Palm revival was an actual Palm revival, with a sliding keyboard...
    Have to wonder if the BlackBerry deal didn't kill their plans with Palm... Initially the talk when they bought Palm was for a new PKB phone. But then they signed up with BlackBerry and that seemed to make Palm redundant.

Kind of hoped that if they felt the PKB market could be viable without all the BlackBerry Tax... they might look back at a Palm device again. But TCL has know they were ending things with BlackBerry for years now, and they have made no move that we know of.
    bakron1 likes this.
    12-16-20 09:27 AM
    Have to wonder if the BlackBerry deal didn't kill their plans with Palm... Initially the talk when they bought Palm was for a new PKB phone. But then they signed up with BlackBerry and that seemed to make Palm redundant.

Kind of hoped that if they felt the PKB market could be viable without all the BlackBerry Tax... they might look back at a Palm device again. But TCL has know they were ending things with BlackBerry for years now, and they have made no move that we know of.
    The Palm brand had been gone from the market for far too long, and the new Palm phone wasn't even a phone, and really had no ties beyond just the name to former Palm products. It was, therefore, one of the worst uses of an acquired brand name - all of the value of that brand was completely squandered.

TCL did far better with the BB brand name, but it simply couldn't overcome the fact that the market had moved on from what BB offered. TCL's offerings simply maintained the 50% annual decline in units sold that had been happening since 2012, and that annual unit sales number was WAY too close to zero for it to make any sense for TCL to continue.

I can't speak for OM - none of us knows exactly what their plans are - but outside some amazing new development, I don't see a path for success for them either.
    12-17-20 03:32 PM
    Every week or month, security updates, Whattsapp endless updates, Browser update. At the end of a year 16GB is reduced to 4. Then you are forced to upgrade to a new 64 GB phone, again again

Posted via CB10
    02-26-21 10:25 AM
    Deep mourning, the dead of the best Phone in the World, after iPhone

Posted via CB10
    02-26-21 10:31 AM
    Every week or month, security updates, Whattsapp endless updates, Browser update. At the end of a year 16GB is reduced to 4. Then you are forced to upgrade to a new 64 GB phone, again again

Posted via CB10
    What's your point?

I'd have run out of space with 16GB... without updates. Personally I won't opt for anything les than 128GB at this point, but most of that space is used by personal data, not the OS and updates for the OS and APPs.
    02-26-21 10:34 AM
41 12