Given that bbm is coming to Android and ios, BlackBerry should enhance the service and add instagram like functionality. It would give more reason for people to give up smsing, iMessaging ect..

It seems the Tat team has not yet been unleashed. The cross platform bbm has a lot of potential. It can whipe away Skype, twitter, Whatsapp, kik, ect... Tat can solidify the strategy.

TAT, TAKE ALL AND LEAVE NOTHING!!!

Posted via CB10
    oaknut john, SubCamp and SalMan50 like this.
    06-30-13 08:41 PM
    Idk how feasible it is, but I like the idea!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:43 PM
    This TAT concept should be the layout for the BlackBerry version of Instagram.

If not IG then use the concept for something else. PLEASE BlackBerry
    06-30-13 09:22 PM
    I don't think it'll wipe away Skype or Twitter.... It has a good chance of taking some Whatsapp users who aren't happy to pay 0.99 for a years service for an app that does the same as a lot of others but only if bbm is free and has full functionality too, I don't know how successful a stripped down version would be.

Sent from my Jiayu G3S using Tapatalk 4 beta
    h20work and scorpiodsu like this.
    06-30-13 09:27 PM

I thought we had a rule about never showing TAT demos again

Bbry needs to implement casual Fridays and casual every days. Take the Danm choker collar off the swedes and let them do what the do!
    06-30-13 09:36 PM
    BBM already has "Instagram like functionality." Has had it for years in both chats and groups. In Channels it's even more developed.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 10:28 PM
    What makes Instagram so popular is the number of people using it. Even if TAT came up with something amazing the number of people who would potentially use it is a fraction of the iOS and Android user base.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-01-13 01:19 AM
    How would this service become more popular than Instagram if it is limited to a single platform?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    07-01-13 01:32 AM
    How would this service become more popular than Instagram if it is limited to a single platform?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    BBM is going cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:07 AM
    BBM is going cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    that's what they (bb) claim. lol.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-01-13 04:08 AM
    God I wish that video showing the picture folder application with falling photos would've made its way to BB10!

I honestly 100% believe it would be this type of UI/X that would draw many who left BlackBerry to come back!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:16 AM
    TAT should be running the show on the A10. Give them total control. Enough said.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    07-01-13 05:46 AM
    I fear most TAT talents are but gone.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:03 AM
    "Delight the user at the same time". Wow, what a concept. These concepts are fun and visually exciting. And supposedly available to all developers. So why aren't developers using these baked in features in Cascades to produce those visually exciting and entertaining features in their apps? It is not just about asking TAT to develop apps with cool features. What about everyone else? I don't know why, do you developers have any answers?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:38 AM
    TAT should be running the show on the A10. Give them total control. Enough said.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    THIS ^^

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 01:05 PM
    Does TAT even exist anymore? Didn't all the relevant personnel from that group already leave BBRY?
    07-01-13 01:14 PM
    Instagram is a social network, with lots of people using it. You can make something better all you want, no guarantee its going to attract people..
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-01-13 01:29 PM
    Every time I hear ppl say that Instagram and BBM are similar & BBM just needs marketing etc, and can kill Instagram I chuckle, for a few different reasons. BBM is primarily about ongoing communication. Instagram really is not (at least in its most commonly used form). I don't even have Instagram and I understand that. You could honestly maintain an Instagram account and never actually communicate w/anyone and have a perfectly fun experience. You cannot do that with traditional BBM, and some of us really know this because we've seen our contacts list shrink year after year.
    A lot of ppl on this site degrade Instagram users because they are part of a community that they don't understand. Instagram is a community/social network and its real, 100M users real. We need it, or at least be able to access it.

Now to address the OP point. TAT needs to get involved, but I don't think it should be based on killing Instagram. It should be about creating the next big thing/movement. Once BBM goes cross-platform they will have a vessel. I hope they are working on it, or something like it- u can bet ur left xyz body part that Apple & Android are, or even some 20something sitting at his desk is.

TAT needs more involvement in BB design, a bigger imprint in the company. I'm not an old man, but I feel a lot of the ppl in our community act like old ppl. Scared of new things and declaring everything stupid or useless.
    07-01-13 01:30 PM
    Every time I hear ppl say that Instagram and BBM are similar & BBM just needs marketing etc, and can kill Instagram I chuckle, for a few different reasons. BBM is primarily about ongoing communication. Instagram really is not (at least in its most commonly used form). I don't even have Instagram and I understand that. You could honestly maintain an Instagram account and never actually communicate w/anyone and have a perfectly fun experience. You cannot do that with traditional BBM, and some of us really know this because we've seen our contacts list shrink year after year.
    A lot of ppl on this site degrade Instagram users because they are part of a community that they don't understand. Instagram is a community/social network and its real, 100M users real. We need it, or at least be able to access it.
    I agree with you. I haven't communicated with a single person via Instagram. I just like to see the pictures.

Now to address the OP point. TAT needs to get involved, but I don't think it should be based on killing Instagram. It should be about creating the next big thing/movement. Once BBM goes cross-platform they will have a vessel. I hope they are working on it, or something like it- u can bet ur left xyz body part that Apple & Android are, or even some 20something sitting at his desk is.

TAT needs more involvement in BB design, a bigger imprint in the company. I'm not an old man, but I feel a lot of the ppl in our community act like old ppl. Scared of new things and declaring everything stupid or useless.
    I agree with you.
    07-01-13 01:47 PM
    Instagram is going to kill itself one day. Adding video just to one-up Vine
    and having only 9 seconds more of stupid amateur video reeks of des-
    peration. Really? That was all they could come up with? Let them keep
    growing and let people get more unenthusiastic about it.
    07-01-13 01:52 PM
    Instagram is a social network, with lots of people using it. You can make something better all you want, no guarantee its going to attract people..
    No ones talking about guarantees....friendster was a social network with lots of people using it too.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 02:05 PM

I swear this use to be on the PlayBook but only when using HDMI and I think in presentation mode. Now when I try presentation mode its forgotten broken.
    07-01-13 02:25 PM
    What makes Instagram so popular is the number of people using it. Even if TAT came up with something amazing the number of people who would potentially use it is a fraction of the iOS and Android user base.
    This fact is lost on some folks.

It isn't about the filters; it's about the social network.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    07-01-13 02:31 PM
    This fact is lost on some folks.

It isn't about the filters; it's about the social network.
    Right on.
    07-01-13 02:32 PM

Harsh, and well said.

Doesn't matter how else you say it. Thankfully, BBRY isn't as close-minded as some users
    07-01-13 02:34 PM