This is a video for the new BlackBerry Express app. Clearly developed by TAT as the mug says TAT on it (lol maybe not clearly! but it is).

So my thought is that this is the first commercial application that is being launched by TAT through BlackBerry. I know there are others that came with BB10, but I really feel this is the beginning of the TAT inspired OS we were all hoping for.

10.2.1 is shaping up to be really nice with more added features that we all love and wanted. Actually is a large update considering such a small number increase. Which leads me to believe that the rumours of TAT being in control of the 10.3 update to be more accurate. This 10.2.1 update is releasing ALOT of usability features hardcore users have been asking for, and that gets it out of the way so people no longer have these things to complain or ask for. With all these out of the way, 10.3 can launch with all of these usability features, but with the TAT flare that we all have seen and wanted!!!

Just my opinion and I could be completely wrong (probably am lol) but things are looking up for BlackBerry, and I think the future of BlackBerry is implementing a lot more TAT inspired UI designs and apps!
    11-12-13 05:49 PM
    Yea! Polaroid Thundercats! Woo. I like this Idea so much and hope we can get some more designs soon. This is awesome.
    11-12-13 05:55 PM
    Hopefully well see in the future what TAT is up to. I would like to see some road maps for sure

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 05:56 PM
    I have said this a few times, but here it goes again: #LetTATLoose. I really want to see them go all out on the OS at some point. At the very least, work on the media player and picture viewer. They had a demo with both of those many moons ago, and it looked amazing. They need that on BlackBerry 10 right now.
    11-12-13 06:02 PM
    Lmfao. Odd Future swag!?
    00stryder likes this.
    11-12-13 06:04 PM
    I have said this a few times, but here it goes again: #LetTATLoose.
    TAT already let themselves loose. Their top designers left BB to form a new company TOPP.

BlackBerry 10�s designers The Astonishing Tribe (TAT), acquired by BlackBerry in late 2010 and renamed BlackBerry Sweden, have quietly abandoned the struggling Canadian company, with seven of the top talent founding a new company, TOPP. The startup studio will �craft new products and breathe life into innovative ideas through design, prototyping, and technology�, across mobile, automotive, consumer electronics, and other segments.
    11-12-13 06:07 PM
    TAT already let themselves loose. Their top designers left BB to form a new company TOPP.
    Lol I don't think he meant in that manner, but yeah, it sucks.

But BlackBerry Express looks really good. I unfortunately don't have much use for it myself but it's leaps and bounds better than the Docs To Go Suite.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 00stryder; 11-12-13 at 07:09 PM.
    h20work and eldricho like this.
    11-12-13 06:10 PM

BlackBerry 10�s designers The Astonishing Tribe (TAT), acquired by BlackBerry in late 2010 and renamed BlackBerry Sweden, have quietly abandoned the struggling Canadian company, with seven of the top talent founding a new company, TOPP. The startup studio will �craft new products and breathe life into innovative ideas through design, prototyping, and technology�, across mobile, automotive, consumer electronics, and other segments.
    I am aware. I saw that not too long ago. And, actually, the fellow who showed off the media player and picture viewer was seated at the bottom of the picture in the TOPP group photo. Those seven fellows may have gone, but that still leaves about sixty to hundred folks still in the BlackBerry Sweden/TAT ranks. I think it will be okay. Perhaps those seven were the ones who just wanted to show the cool stuff, rather than implement it. I wish them the best, however.
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-12-13 06:12 PM
    Lol I don't think he meant in the manner, but yeah, it sucks.

But BlackBerry Express looks really good. I unfortunately don't have much use for it myself but it's leaps and bounds better than the Docs To Go Suite.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. Definitely did not mean it that way. Let TAT loose and let them run wild on BlackBerry 10.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-12-13 06:13 PM
    Nice to see BlackBerry making some apps for a change. Nice ui, easy to use, and plenty of eye candy.

Now go and fix Protect
    11-12-13 06:17 PM
    Nice to see BlackBerry making some apps for a change. Nice ui, easy to use, and plenty of eye candy.

Now go and fix Protect
    Yes!
    h20work likes this.
    11-12-13 06:17 PM
    Nice.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:20 PM
    I think from what we have seen from the leaks TATs designs are going to be coming out. While the main designers may have left, they did work for at least 2 years on their designs. Maybe development was too far along to incorporate anything for release? Or BB wanted to go all out and complete the OS before releasing it? Only time will tell, but I'm excited to see what is in store!
    mphillips828 likes this.
    11-12-13 06:21 PM
    I have a presentation on Thursday and in 15 minutes of learning the way it works I made a presentation that was absolutely mind blowing. I didn't make the actual presentation I'm going to do, just a part of it so that I can learn how to use Express. It is so easy to do. One of these days I'm going to have to bust this puppy out and see what people say.

TAT may have lost their founding members. I don't blame them. Usually it is the brightest of minds that prefer to work on their own. They are then not tied down. But BlackBerry Sweden has a winner here in my eyes and they better make this as fully featured as they can and quick. Need to see some way of adding in graphs and other visuals that aren't just static pics. But in its Beta version it can already make one heck of a visual presentation.
    alan510, 00stryder, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    11-12-13 06:25 PM
    Armchair ceo side track moment. BlackBerry should run an in house contest, $10k prize for the best app created by an employee. Number of downloads on bb world wins.

Heck, do it quarterly even.
    11-12-13 06:28 PM
    TAT is being unleashed! I'm looking forward to all that they have to bring us!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:33 PM
    TAT is being unleashed! I'm looking forward to all that they have to bring us!

Posted via CB10
    Yes! More great things to come. And this is aligned with the new CEO wanting to focus on software.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:39 PM
    Hope BlackBerry will relax TAT and let them bring in more cool UI. The current OS looks cool but its too plain when compared to the competition. I am sure TAT can add in more glamour and make it eye candy.
    Last edited by arvind1983; 11-12-13 at 07:28 PM.
    11-12-13 06:46 PM
    Now this is what I need and want!
    11-12-13 06:48 PM
    Yup TAT video - former tat founder:
    Hampus Jakobsson : Not be the brightest of days for Blackberry, but TAT are still doing magic - BB Express: LINK
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-12-13 06:50 PM
    It's hard to believe that in 2010 BlackBerry had the foresight to acquire QNX & TAT & we're only NOW starting to see some REAL possibilities.

They did get BB10 pushed out this year but why didn't it look like anything we're seeing in 10.2 or what's to come for 10.2.1?

Exploiting what potential they have needs to be at the forefront of what they do & then market the SH*T out of it!

I can't believe they put themselves up for sale?! They made a bad situation worse. What's harder to believe is that nobody but Fairfax saw a reason to buy?! At a discount on top of that!!

It's obviously still early but let's get this puppy off the ground already! How many lives can they have before they actually die? Let's hope they don't need any more!

GO TEAM BLACKBERRY!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:50 PM
    They have talent.
    11-12-13 06:52 PM
    I have a strategic presentation to give on tuesday and in about ten minutes put it together on BlackBerry express. Looks fantastic. Can't wait for new features... will definitely use this a lot

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:54 PM
    I have said this a few times, but here it goes again: #LetTATLoose. I really want to see them go all out on the OS at some point. At the very least, work on the media player and picture viewer. They had a demo with both of those many moons ago, and it looked amazing. They need that on BlackBerry 10 right now.
    Agreed. Get the band back together. Hey, if they can spend money on Thors, well,......

Posted on my sexxy Q10 (*_~)
    11-12-13 06:55 PM
    Just tried. I need to show this off to my staff.

BB Proud
    00stryder likes this.
    11-12-13 06:56 PM
92 123 ...