I know the BB Curve comes with an application called tasks. Is this something that synchs with microsoft outlook? Our company has a BlackBerry Server which is awesome with scheduling appointments etc... How about managing tasks? Or is there any other program that is worth considering?
    08-26-08 01:16 PM
    Yes, BlackBerry Tasks sync with the Tasks database in Outlook. Plus, you can select a BlackBerry calendar option to show Tasks on the BlackBerry Calendar when they are due. If you are a BES user, Tasks sync OTA.

I haven't used any other Tasks application, although I'm sure there must be some. We've been standardized on Outlook for many years.
    08-26-08 09:36 PM
    You and the rest of the world I think Jeff. The BES will sync calendar, tasks, and contacts but only the latest version of the BES software will do this and even then, it's up to the administrators. I guess some people still use Lotus Notes though.
    08-27-08 12:49 PM
    You and the rest of the world I think Jeff. The BES will sync calendar, tasks, and contacts but only the latest version of the BES software will do this and even then, it's up to the administrators. I guess some people still use Lotus Notes though.
    It is up to the Admins, but it doesn't take the latest version. Our BES is only version 3.6. I believe the current version is 4.1.5. I sync the calendar, tasks, contacts, and notes in addition to email.
    08-27-08 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD