so i was using compressed air to clean out the "engine compartment" of my curve 8900 and the damn tamper seal just flew off.
    theres still a lil piece of it left attached covering less than half of the screw hole.
    i never opened the phone neither tried to do so.
    and i have used same air nozzle to clean out all my other phones and its the first time it happened to me.

how many of you guys had that issue with your seal flying off when using compressed air to clean it.

and did you have any issues with warranty?
    because i jus sent mine in for a replacement for other issues. but i dont know whats gonna happen.

in case people wonder what im talking about its the small red stickers pointed out on this image

12-08-09 11:08 PM
    i dont use compressed air to clean my phone. are we talking about canned air or like 100psi shop air tool compressed air?

note to self: be a little more cautious when using high pressure air to clean sensitive electronics and little stickers can become dislodged.
    12-08-09 11:10 PM
    shop air tool
    12-08-09 11:30 PM
    shop air tool
    i think cellphone electronics are a little too sensitive for that kinda airflow. expecially if theres oil/particles/moisture in your air supply. asking for trouble if ya ask me.
    12-09-09 02:01 AM
    itsa filtered one. no moisture or oil
    ive used it for years with no problems. cuz it gets the air under the screen also and cleans it up.
    12-09-09 11:43 AM
    itsa filtered one. no moisture or oil
    ive used it for years with no problems. cuz it gets the air under the screen also and cleans it up.
    I do the same but, turn back to 30lbs and hold the phone about a foot away from the the tip. Never had a problem yet.
    12-09-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD