I have the orignal Pebble Steel smart watch and currently use talk2watch pro. My question is which app is better? Should I continue to use the talk2watch pro or buy the bridge app? As I understand the bridge app will allow me to get notifications from Face10 pro and BBM and as I understand I can only use 1 of these apps. Anyone with experience of both apps.

Rocking the awesome Z30,Q10 and the super awesome passport.
    02-12-16 01:32 PM
    I'm kind of curious too. I don't really use any third-party apps so I just use T2W for the Hub Watchface (with generic and calender notifications disabled) and for notifications such as texts and emails. I have the original Steel so any voice controls are irrelevant.

I guess my questions are:
    1. can I set it to ignore calendar events with no alert without disabling all events? On T2W I always get an "-1 minutes" alert whenever Meeting mode activates (which I use for may daily schedule) so I have all calendar events disabled.
    2. How granular are notification controls? Can I disable alerts from Amazon App store and Bridge while allowing other system alerts such as software updates?
    3. Does Hub2Watch perform any better? On my current setup with T2W if I use the Pebble H2W won't show anything (not even weather) until up to a minute or two.
    4. Can it handle installing and updates? Will it at least notify me of a new Pebble firmware so I can quickly use the Pebble app to update?
    5. Does it otherwise perform much better?
    02-12-16 05:40 PM
    1. can I set it to ignore calendar events with no alert without disabling all events? On T2W I always get an "-1 minutes" alert whenever Meeting mode activates (which I use for may daily schedule) so I have all calendar events disabled.
    I thought I did add a toggle to enable/disable calendar, but it seems I haven't. I'll add one next week, Calendar events will be pushed to Timeline but you'll be able to decide if they trigger a notification on the watch or not.

2. How granular are notification controls? Can I disable alerts from Amazon App store and Bridge while allowing other system alerts such as software updates?
    You can control what Hub accounts you want to get notification from. So you'd be able to disable all notifications from the Hub account called 'Notifications' (bell icon), but you can't disable a particular app (Amazon Appstore) that publish a notification in 'Notifications' Hub account.

Please take note that the actual text of the notification isn't available, you'll only get a warning on your Pebble that something is happening in xxx Hub account.

3. Does Hub2Watch perform any better? On my current setup with T2W if I use the Pebble H2W won't show anything (not even weather) until up to a minute or two.
    It's flawless, but your experience using Hub2Watch with Talk2Watch isn't normal. Can you do the following :
    - Open Talk2Watch, swipe down from top and select Scripts.
    - Delete Hub2Watch folder and then go back to main screen of Talk2Watch.
    - Open Hub2Watch, swipe down from top and select Settings, click the button in the bottom of the screen to rerun Tutorial. Make sure to click the buttons to connect with Talk2Watch.
    - In Talk2Watch, check in Scripts page again and make sure Hub2Watch is there. (It's an empty folder, that's normal)

4. Can it handle installing and updates? Will it at least notify me of a new Pebble firmware so I can quickly use the Pebble app to update?
    Bridge is a companion app to Pebble Time Android app. Pebble Time app will update automagically watchfaces and watchapps within 24h of an update. For firmware, it's not done that magically, Pebble Time app will check it once in a while when you open the app, mostly when your watch needs to reconnect (so not that often). There's a button in Pebble Time app to manually check if there's a new firmware available, it's located in three dots menu -> Support. Note that this firmware checkup behavior is the same on Android and iPhone, the app will only check it once in a while, mostly when you need to reconnect.

5. Does it otherwise perform much better?
    Both apps have their pros and cons, Talk2Watch is still a really good app and I try to support both Talk2Watch and Bridge when I build an app that sends notifications to Pebble, like my new app "BlackBerry LOVES Pebble" available in Beta Zone. I'll summarize it like this :

If you want a better battery life for both your phone and Pebble, enjoy ScriptMode and like to use the stock music watchapp to control your music, stay with Talk2Watch.

If you like using a lot of connected watchfaces/watchapps, you want to use watchapps that sends stuff to your Timeline, you want to get access to your emails/sms right on your wrist whenever you want with Bridge watchapp and want to use Pebble Time features like voice and Health, use Bridge.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 09:26 PM
    Also, don't forget you can try Bridge for free for 3 full days, just make sure to never run Talk2Watch Pro and Bridge Droid at the same time as they use the same port to communicate with third-party apps, running both at the same time will create conflicts and weird behaviors for both Bridge and Talk2Watch.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 10:19 PM
    Thanks, rerunning tutorial fixed it, and it now updates within a second. There wasn't a H2W scripts folder before, so I must've not set things up correctly.

I have to use the official Pebble app anyways for updates, but I keep it uninstalled as I haven't been fully able to disable it's nagging. I didn't realize that Bridge acts as a patch for the official app, which is pretty beneficial. I'll try out the 3 day trial, but it seems to be more straghtforward in the long run despite the slightly more complicated initial setup.

I have the orignal Pebble Steel smart watch and currently use talk2watch pro. My question is which app is better? Should I continue to use the talk2watch pro or buy the bridge app? As I understand the bridge app will allow me to get notifications from Face10 pro and BBM and as I understand I can only use 1 of these apps. Anyone with experience of both apps.
    Sorry for hijacking your thread a bit. the previous posts should help cover your concerns, and it is a free three day trial for Bridge.
    02-13-16 01:04 AM

Rocking the awesome Z30,Q10 and the super awesome passport.
    Also, I did worked with Nemory to have Face10 notifications right on your wrist, and I made sure it works with both Bridge and Talk2Watch. To enable Face10 notifications on your Pebble, go in Face10, swipe down from top and select Settings, scroll to the middle of the page and make sure Pebble notifications option is checked, don't pay attention to the name used for the option, it will work with Talk2Watch Pro even though it states Bridge.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 01:25 AM
    Sorry to hijack, but how do I reset the calendar notifications? I have a bunch of events I deleted several days ago but I still get notifications for them.

Also sending notifications to the Bridge app (or navigating the app) is *really* slow, but the native version doesn't support autoreplies.
    02-18-16 09:47 PM
    I have a pebble time round. Though both are nice I have to say in terms of fluidity talk2watch works a little better. I say that because notifications come in realtime and give you the option of replying then an there from the notification, you can even send emojis . Bridge is linked to pebble time app and I've experienced a bit of lag on the notifications. Not just that but you have to open the bridge app on the watch to reply as oppose to talk2watch where it's integrated in notifications.

I will say bridge hands down wins in functionality as its linked to the official pebble time app so you're able to reply by voice which is a great feature I can only hope talk2watch gets. Also it syncs with your phone emails an texts so you can scroll down to keep looking for whatever you want to reply too.

One issue I have with talk2watch is when I reply to a text from the watch. The recipients number shows up in my hub as an unread message. Anyone know how to stop the app from doing that?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 11:11 PM
    Not just that but you have to open the bridge app on the watch to reply as oppose to talk2watch where it's integrated in notifications.
    In Bridge Settings page (scroll down from top to access it), enable the option "Send New Messages To Bridge WA" to get any new email/SMS in Bridge WA instead of a standard notification, you'll be able to mark read/reply/delete right away instead of dismissing the standard notification, manually opening Bridge WA, finding the message and reply/delete/mark read from there. Really a better experience.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 11:38 PM
    Sorry to hijack, but how do I reset the calendar notifications? I have a bunch of events I deleted several days ago but I still get notifications for them.

Also sending notifications to the Bridge app (or navigating the app) is *really* slow, but the native version doesn't support autoreplies.
    You're not saying what app you're using : Talk2Watch or Bridge.

I can't talk for Talk2Watch as I'm not the developer, but Bridge used with Pebble will not resend calendar pins in Timeline if they are deleted, in fact it's even impossible for Bridge to make it come back if it was deleted, that's a Pebble policy to avoid spamming a user Timeline.

You're talking about Bridge app being slow, my guess is that you wanted to say that Bridge watchapp is slow, not Bridge app as you rarely have to open Bridge on your phone and I never experienced any slowdown in Bridge app, nor I've been informed of this by other users. Slowdown in Bridge WA are usually caused by Pebble Time app being slow, which doesn't happen really often but can happen with Android apps. My advice is to either force close Pebble Time app using Device Monitor and then restarting it or rebooting phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 11:47 PM
    Bridge is a great app, can you please add an «archive» option to a default folder selected in bridge app for email ?
    04-08-16 10:11 AM
    Bridge is a great app, can you please add an «archive» option to a default folder selected in bridge app for email ?
    As far as I know, archive is a Gmail feature not available with other email provider, it's not even included in BlackBerry Email API, if you try to long press on any email received with your Gmail account in Hub, you'll see that archive is not among the possibilities, so I'd have to use a custom Google API call for those occasion and that could lead to more bugs and errors.

I don't think I want to implement it, even though I understand the usefulness of archive instead of delete or mark read.
    04-08-16 10:44 AM
    As far as I know, archive is a Gmail feature not available with other email provider, it's not even included in BlackBerry Email API, if you try to long press on any email received with your Gmail account in Hub, you'll see that archive is not among the possibilities, so I'd have to use a custom Google API call for those occasion and that could lead to more bugs and errors.

I don't think I want to implement it, even though I understand the usefulness of archive instead of delete or mark read.
    Ok, i was thinking of MS Exchange emails. But as far as you say even BB don't implement an automatic move to archive folder as it probably does not fit to their vision of email inbox.
    04-09-16 12:30 AM