I love my Verizon Pearl, but I have been told that my phone is not as clear as previous phones I've had. Is this a common Blackberry problem or do I have a bad phone?

Thanks!
    09-19-08 09:15 PM
    This definitely isn't a common BB issue. My BB is honestly the best phone I've had a far as voice quality. If you recently purchased your BB & it's still within the warranty period I would take it back for a new one if it's that bad.
    09-19-08 09:39 PM
    I second that. I love the voice quality on my BB. No problems for this guy.
    09-19-08 10:12 PM
    im sorry i could barely hear you... haha, yea just take it back
    09-19-08 10:18 PM
    I agree on the sound quality. My 8830 is the best sound quality I've ever had on a phone. Also the best speaker phone sound as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 10:30 PM
    My pearl was okay for quality, once I got my curve it went from good to WOW.
    I love Bb's.
    09-19-08 10:44 PM
    I think the quality is great and I've been a BB user for years.
    09-20-08 01:57 AM
    I've only had my Curve 3 weeks but I can tell you it's one of the BEST voice quality phones i've ever had, seriously! Crystal clear and good volume levels.
    09-20-08 03:25 AM
    You're on "The Network" of course the voice quality is going to be great I think whoever told you that needs their hearing checked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 05:46 AM
    Been using BB's for a long time and this is the first I have ever heard or read about poor sound quality. Call others and see if they say the same thing.
    09-20-08 07:10 AM
    One though occures to me, the sound entry port is a tiny hole in the bottom of the antenna cover plate. If that hole is partially blocked, you might experience a problem.

Use a soft wood toothpick to gently probe the opening. That should dislodge anything that might be obstructing the port.

One of the reason the voice quality is so good, BlackBerry includes noise cancelling technology, much like that used in helicopter headset microphones.
    09-20-08 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD