Take time to go through your application permissions and see just what access the apps have you will be surprised.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 07:37 AM
    Those apps need the access to operate properly. When you install an app you are asked about the permissions. Why would one be surprised??
    07-13-14 09:31 AM
    I don't believe some need access to file folders etc. Yes to location and may be a few to camera but some have access to everything why would gas buddy need access to files and phone

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 09:59 AM
    It's up to you to agree to the Application Permissions. I find you don't have to agree to them all.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:04 AM
    It's your own choice. I am left out of many cool apps that ask for certain permissions that make me go :why? To each their own.

It's nice though to see apps give a user control over permissions. I disable them all, when needed, upon install. I immediately delete the apps that ask for crazy permissions without a choice. Mostly Android apps.
    07-13-14 11:20 AM
    Shared Files access means "write" access which is a must if the application or game is saving data

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and eldricho like this.
    07-13-14 11:22 AM
    I don't believe some need access to file folders etc. Yes to location and may be a few to camera but some have access to everything why would gas buddy need access to files and phone

Posted via CB10
    Correct why would a game need access to your photos and files? If you aren't on BES you need to revise those apps setting, I have denied access to many permissions and they still work, albeit with pop ups warning that without full access you won't have the app functioning appropriately. There is Stock daddy turbo for example and I have denied access to my files. A pop up says the site isn't trusted I have denied access.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:23 AM
    It's up to you to agree to the Application Permissions. I find you don't have to agree to them all.

Posted via CB10
    You don't have much choice with most Android apps. If you want to use the app, you have to allow ALL permissions. Considering the BlackBerry/Amazon deal, it will be impractical not to use key apps because of permissions. What's the point then?

Posted via Z10
    07-13-14 11:25 AM
    Shared Files access means "write" access which is a must if the application or game is saving data

Posted via CB10
    Was about to say this, most people don't know there is more behind the permission than is written

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 12:07 PM
    Was about to say this, most people don't know there is more behind the permission than is written

Posted via CB10
    Last I checked you can write in /data folder without having permissions. I think that permission is for writing outside apps sandbox.
    But documentation isn't great on permissions.
    07-13-14 12:19 PM