@BitPusher2600 I almost feel guilty about how amazing my life is because of owning and using a BlackBerry. I hate to rub it in but *smile* I am very happy with my phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 11:15 PM
    As am I. I'm only a little disappointed that there are improvements to things I use everyday that I can't have access to unless I buy a new phone the very next year. I read your statements as a "I don't know why anyone could get emotional about a smartphone" type of statement.

I know I couldn't give a sh*t about "market share" myself, since that term, from my understanding, seems to only go as far as US consumer market share. Analysts base the entire viability of a product on what's "hot" amongst a bunch of teenagers and adults under 25 no?

08-01-11 12:13 AM
    Na. Typed it on an EVO. The 8900 isn't charged. To be fair.. those slow dual core android phones will be fully optimized once ice cream sandwich is released. How does a company learn to better serve the customer without feedback? Complain on my friend. Complaaain on. A closed mouth doesn't get fed.

Last edited by West Coast Flavor; 08-01-11 at 12:50 AM.
    08-01-11 12:41 AM
    It's a strange pathology that these grumblers and complainers exhibit. They've found their bliss in Apple and Android yet they're here endlessly complaining about BlackBerry.
    Strange you lump all "complainers" into one bucket. Aside from those who "found their bliss in Apple and Android", some of us are still BB owners. I've personally been through 4 BBs within 12 months. My first was the Curve 8520 and within 6 months of paying for one it was pulled off all the shelves of the carriers here. Then I got the S2 which was priced at a high premium, left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what to say to you, perhaps to just open your eyes and stop making generalizations.

@Tonis; nah. I'm still here.

@TequilaAddict; two types of people that cannot understand each other; the people who see a "phone as a phone", and people who live their lives on their smartphone (managing their finances, photo albums, reading the news, and a hundred other things.) And get this, they even form an emotional attachment to such a device because it means so much to them and as such plays a functional and relevant part in their lives. Therefore, it can become a challenge to find the best possible experience and most functional possible device. It is normal therefore, to person B mentioned here, to have found what they believe is the best, but decisions of the maker are misguided enough to have negative consequences on an otherwise perfect (for me) platform. Releasing a product, and not giving it new life in short term (which I consider one year to be), whereas everyone else does.

So yes, to person B, this can leave you feeling a little salty. Invariably, person A, you, can't possibly understand it and wonder why we're so goofy.

Well worded. Some people are satisfied with a "phone". Others try to squeeze out more value from it, which is perfectly reasonable.
    08-01-11 01:51 AM
    How does a company learn to better serve the customer without feedback?
    Apparently there are people here who can't take criticism. Even when it's not aimed at them, but rather at a company which they claim to have no allegiance to.
    08-01-11 01:54 AM
    Android got 1ghz hardware which can take future updates. Os5 and os6 devices got slow processors which is struggling with it's own launch os..so updated to higher os, with added functionality,..it just crashed.

z:-) :-) :-)
    hahaha but you can always have have the lower os for yourself....... But don't you think RIM has to do something about the battery-life of all their cell-phones..
    08-01-11 05:42 AM
    Battery life is definetely os related, but with small screen and limited features, battery life has to be good. Try symbian phones...
    08-01-11 06:06 AM
    Posts like this make me laugh.

Please explain why the newest blackberries need a dual core processor? Because the os is slow? Doesnt appear so.

If u only look at spec when deciding on a phone then you are foolish. the iphone 4 has a 800 mhz cpu and it for the most part is smooth. Adding another cpu wouldn't change the experience with the os.

[snip]...

Personally if a phone os is quick to respond, transitions are fast screen color depth and resolution are awesome and the device works as expected then its a great device. Specs dont mean **** if the experience is horrible!
    You have it exactly right. Anyone who fails to understand this concept is a moron and an idiot who should not be allowed to own technology.
    Thud Hardsmack and lnichols like this.
    08-01-11 06:33 AM
    Strange you lump all "complainers" into one bucket. Aside from those who "found their bliss in Apple and Android", some of us are still BB owners. I've personally been through 4 BBs within 12 months. My first was the Curve 8520 and within 6 months of paying for one it was pulled off all the shelves of the carriers here. Then I got the S2 which was priced at a high premium, left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what to say to you, perhaps to just open your eyes and stop making generalizations.
    Think, now. Why is there a bad taste in your mouth? Why do you think you got ripped off? Is BlackBerry better than Apple and Android? If yes, enjoy the things that it can do and be grateful you're not stuck having to use one of those other inferior products. If no, if Apple and Android are so much better than BlackBerry, take it as a lesson learned, use one (or both) of those instead, and stop wasting your life crying and complaining about BlackBerry.

08-01-11 06:35 AM
    I've witnessed the supposedly powerful LG Optimus 2X dual core lag like crazy, I've never seen my 9700 or even my old 8320 lag like that.

08-01-11 06:36 AM
    800mhz maybe good enough for qwerty candybar phones with 2.6" screen,.but I dont think that bb bold is a smartphone comparable to iphone or android so it's a different beast altogether.

As for smartphones, You can go higher than 1'2ghz but even most android high end phones uses 20% of the processing power most of the time.
    when you play games our downloading, or any other tasks, there are plenty of power available, on demand, which can go to maximum.
    Compare rim touchscreen smartphone to competition and we can see how optimal the software is using battery, how fast it is, versus overall user experience.

So software optimization can keep your battery consumption low, but slower processors also help...and it's cheaper for rim to manufacture as well.
    I think 1ghz is the norm for smartphone.

The fact that rim and everybody else is making big screen phones is the fact that the market is changing, user expectation is changing.

Candybar qwerty phone will stay along, but bold is comparable to nokia e6 or the like...not against the slab phones.

I think most people here are not moron or idiots, they understand basic facts, maybe even more.
    08-01-11 06:49 AM
    RIM has been one of the worse companies at releasing a device, then immediately creating buyers remorse with a new offering, slight feature enhancement, etc. Look at the Bold 9700/9780... Tour 9630/9650. <-- while some people may not feel jaded by the device updates... some do. People like to have that feeling they've got the best device on the market at least for a little while. RIM doesn't give people much time to enjoy that feeling.

They need to start a loyalty department, or something, to work these kind of problems.

Yes... Apple refreshes the iphone line annually, but they do a much better job of being predictable in that regard. i.e. in 12 months you can decide if the next release is right for you.

Add this to the list of problems RIM has created for themselves.
    Actually apple knows how to create instant buyers remorse. Imagine the poor jerks who bought the iPhone 4 the day before the iPhone 5 is released.

I'm still waiting to feel buyers remorse from my outdated storm 2 against any other phone.
    08-01-11 08:59 AM
    I've witnessed the supposedly powerful LG Optimus 2X dual core lag like crazy, I've never seen my 9700 or even my old 8320 lag like that.

There is alot that goes into a the lag of the phone. One of them, is the bloatware that is put on phone from carriers.

Stock Android does not lag. When carriers put customize UI that have bloatware apps taxing the processor it becomes slow.

<<<< Look at how heavy the manufacture customizations are... smh

Remember BB's cant do widgets, or 3d graphics, live(interactive) wallpapers as normal as a Android phone. For a 3+ year old software thats pretty good. BBOS is over 10 years old and doesn't even comes close to that functionality.

Just saying...
    Last edited by tdawg00; 08-01-11 at 09:41 AM.
    08-01-11 09:23 AM
    Think, now. Why is there a bad taste in your mouth? Why do you think you got ripped off? Is BlackBerry better than Apple and Android? If yes, enjoy the things that it can do and be grateful you're not stuck having to use one of those other inferior products. If no, if Apple and Android are so much better than BlackBerry, take it as a lesson learned, use one (or both) of those instead, and stop wasting your life crying and complaining about BlackBerry.

If you were never part of the Storm/Storm2 fiasco, don't even try to lecture someone who got burnt in one. Stop trying to act like you know it all. Not everyone has to agree with your opinion, so respect others who have legitimate ones.

I have one in my home, and although it lags sometimes it hasn't lagged "like crazy". The lag was from UI transition animations, which I blame it on poor coding. Launcher Pro did it for me though. And tdawg00 makes some sense there. The LG2X slows down quite a lot when you install apps like antivirus, apps2SD and overload the home page with widgets. I'd say poor optimisation from Android OS.

On the other hand, I've had BBs "lag like crazy" on one or two occasions. I remember once I was trying to open a 4mb image on my SD card I just downloaded from the web and my 9780 just froze with a white screen. The spinning clock didn't even bother to come up, and my phone became unresponsive. I'm not trying to say your experiences are invalid. I believe you're telling the truth, but saying it like this gives people the false impression that a BB never lags.

Actually apple knows how to create instant buyers remorse. Imagine the poor jerks who bought the iPhone 4 the day before the iPhone 5 is released.
    Isn't that the same for any other phone? Those who bought 9700 just the day before 9780 is released, or the Galaxy S just before the SII is released? Seems to be lots of apple hate here, for some reason I can't fathom.
    08-01-11 10:14 AM
    I can't wait for the new Blackberry OS7 devices. BB fits my phone/communication needs better than any other platform out there. That said I can see why other platforms fit the needs better for them.
    08-01-11 10:19 AM
    Good or not, I will buy a 9900 to replace my torch.
    08-01-11 10:23 AM
    I can't wait for the new Blackberry OS7 devices. BB fits my phone/communication needs better than any other platform out there. That said I can see why other platforms fit the needs better for them.

Truer words were never said!
    Been there, done all platforms except symbian...BB is the one I prefer. I know others who feel differently...they should enjoy their phones in good health!
    Will be getting the 9900 *and* the 9810. TOTALLY EXCITED!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Alberta Blue likes this.
    08-01-11 10:28 AM
    If you were never part of the Storm/Storm2 fiasco, don't even try to lecture someone who got burnt in one. Stop trying to act like you know it all. Not everyone has to agree with your opinion, so respect others who have legitimate ones.
    Dude, you're fried. Reread what I wrote. I didn't give my opinion though you seem to be doing plenty of that. Okay. I don't know everything ... You do. Please don't cry ... You're already doing plenty of that about BlackBerry, storm 1 or 2, whatever. I was just suggesting you try to enjoy whichever device and platform is your favorite. It's paradoxical that you're doing all this complaining about RIM/BlackBerry and then make a casual observation about all the "iPhone hate" while pretending to be unbiased.

08-01-11 10:40 AM
    Truer words were never said!
    Been there, done all platforms except symbian...BB is the one I prefer. I know others who feel differently...they should enjoy their phones in good health!
    Will be getting the 9900 *and* the 9810. TOTALLY EXCITED!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    YAY for you! I like seeing some happiness in the bitter thread.

08-01-11 10:42 AM
    Bitter like a jose cuervo
    Most people here like 9900...brings back old memories from 9000..
    08-01-11 11:03 AM
    Bitter like a jose cuervo
    Hmmm, I could go for that kind of bitter.

08-01-11 11:12 AM

I'm still waiting to feel buyers remorse from my outdated storm 2 against any other phone.
    Apple has a history of taking care of their customers for instances like this. For example, if you bought an Ipad 1 within 2 weeks of the ipad 2 release date, Apple sent you $100 (the price drop that the ipad 1 was going to get)

There are also return policies.

You can criticize Apple for a lot of different things, but in this respect, they are the best company I know of in the tech industry.
    08-01-11 12:08 PM
    I see both sides of the arguments. Honestly the truth is in the middle rather than each extreme (BB is the ultimate vs. iphone/android being the ultimate).

One thing that I hate hearing is that BB software is not buggy. I know that all software is buggy but there are some things that are unacceptable. For instance, if I go to the email setup app on my phone, it asks me to update. Once I start updating it says the new version will cause problems, do you want to continue? I said yes and it bricked my phone. For a phone that is all about email, isn't this something that should be addressed? This happened to me at least... I dunno I think 3 or 4 months ago and there has been no fix. So I can't update my phone from my phone and change the settings I need to change for EMAIL. I need to log in at a website to do so. Stupid.

User experience is everything and for the majority of people, RIM isn't delivering. Money talks and BS walks.

I also hear that there are hardly performance issues. Spinning clocks are real and happen on a somewhat regular basis. Battery pulls are necessary. I also don't get good battery life. My phone doesn't last through a day. I only have the 4 RIM apps running (BBM, Message app, phone and browser). They talk that up but I haven't seen it in the entire time I have owned this phone. Yes, wifi is off.

Whether or not BB users like it, mobile media consumption is the future and the future is happening now. BBs don't do this well. They do some things. For instance, MP3s. They have a music player and I like it. However, I can't sync all my songs onto my BB. I still have not found a solution to this. So that's annoying and has yet to be addressed despite the fact that it's all over their help forums.

Whether we like to admit it or not, RIM is behind on the tech front and has made missteps to address that. Arrogance is a factor, lack of foresight is a factor and a business as usual status quot has hurt them. They are finally rolling out new phones with an updated OS but they aren't keeping up. They can't keep up with software updates, bug updates etc. Software makes or breaks a smartphone. QNX may fix this and I hope it does- looking at Palm, it seems unlikely. They too took their time with their hardware/software and look what happened. Failure. They tested devices out to see what worked and what didn't. That approach failed and to a huge extent, it is failing for RIM. I know that RIM has a lot of money and the corporate market however those are fading- albeit not as fast.

On the other hand, iPhones don't have a keyboard which for many is a deal breaker. They are tied to iTunes which upsets people. I can understand that. From a media standpoint they are fantastic, 'nuff said. Email is subjective and both sides argue this. I am not going to. Apps. They are important. The market is proving this. They have em. we don't.

Android is buggy but they are tied to Google services, which right now are hot. Their software is fragmented but so is BBs OS to a certain extent. Apps are important to many, many people. Clearly the market is proving this.

On the communications front both android and apple are catching up very quickly. These phones are becoming capable on all fronts for all people.

We like to sit here and say that these things don't matter but if we want to continue using the platform that is dear to us, they have to join them because so far they haven't beat them. They haven't even competed.

Fellow CB lovers, these facts cannot be argued. You can all day but the signs are there. I hope RIM rebounds and I believe they can but so far that have only been proving the naysayers right. Timing, user experience and haste all matter.

To God and Country- Long Live RIM.
    anon3396357 likes this.
    08-01-11 12:49 PM
    YAY for you! I like seeing some happiness in the bitter thread.
    Clearly I either screwed up in conveying a thought or simply chose the wrong word. I simply feel the incredibly short software cycle kinda sucks. The platform is still the best for me and I won't be going for anything else. How can someone love something anymore than I and be wrong for venturing opinions from others on something I consider one single viable flaw.

I'm not bitter or disdained, specifically, for my own needs, with BlackBerry, just the one aspect I started the thread about.

08-01-11 01:02 PM
    Dude, you're fried. Reread what I wrote. I didn't give my opinion though you seem to be doing plenty of that. Okay. I don't know everything ... You do. Please don't cry ... You're already doing plenty of that about BlackBerry, storm 1 or 2, whatever. I was just suggesting you try to enjoy whichever device and platform is your favorite. It's paradoxical that you're doing all this complaining about RIM/BlackBerry and then make a casual observation about all the "iPhone hate" while pretending to be unbiased.

So none of your posts were your opinions? And stop your childish ad hominem statements. I'm not crying over a POS phone. I was stating my dissatisfaction in line with the OP's topic on RIM making phones obsolete way too quickly. Now, why do you have a problem with me doing that? Do you even know if I've tried to "enjoy" what I've bought, as you've suggested? FYI, I did, and I could not. I gave the S2 6 months of usage. And me pretending to be unbiased? Do read the second sentence of this paragraph again. If I'm complaining about RIM/BlackBerry and lamenting about iPhone hate, the last thing I would be is being unbiased. If you still don't get it, it means I'm biased towards the iPhone, or biased against RIM, but certainly not being unbiased(or neutral).

Anyway, that's not the point of my posts. I already said that the Curve 8520 was EOL not long after its release. S2 was dropped by RIM as well. One could guess that RIM was making some unplanned changes as they tried to put OS6 on it but couldn't due to insufficient flash memory. If they were well prepared the S2 would have been released with more RAM or something. Secondly, OS updates for the S2 stopped in 2010. There are still bugs unfixed even after the last update was released. Does that sound reasonable to you? Torch 9800 and Bold 9780 were released in August/October 2010. In less than a year they were already phased out of the next BBOS iteration. Am I stating opinion or facts here?

Well whatever, Storm 2 rocks, so does RIM. They make such great products that complaining about them is a sin! I shall repent in my little corner now.
    08-01-11 01:02 PM
114 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD