I think Windows was the prohibitive factor for previous Windows tablets.
    No I think it was the fact that manufactures that consumer know didn't adopt the form factor like the niche manufactures did.

The problem with that was that your brick and mortar stores didn't have them so consumers never saw them.

Mine works great. I actually loaded a local version of my corporate accounting software on it so that I could play with it while away on business.

It was amazing how well the Pen interface worked with it.
    07-22-11 11:25 AM
    No I think it was the fact that manufactures that consumer know didn't adopt the form factor like the niche manufactures did.

The problem with that was that your brick and mortar stores didn't have them so consumers never saw them.
    I agree. I have not seen any at my local BestBuy. I just checked bestbuy.com, and they only carry one made by Asus. The Lenovo IdeaPad is categorized as a tablet, but it's really a netbook.
    Last edited by lak611; 07-22-11 at 11:35 AM.
    07-22-11 11:32 AM
    The interesting part of that article is the quote below, I find that strange if true that MS wont have dedicated tablet software out until late next year. Can anybody confirm?

Microsoft, which provides the same software for tablets as it sells to desktop computer makers, is not expected to launch dedicated tablet software until the late next year.
    07-22-11 08:47 PM
    The interesting part of that article is the quote below, I find that strange if true that MS wont have dedicated tablet software out until late next year. Can anybody confirm?

Microsoft, which provides the same software for tablets as it sells to desktop computer makers, is not expected to launch dedicated tablet software until the late next year.
    Not late next year, around April or so.... It would be showcased at BUILD and see release dates at CES

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-11 06:34 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD