Yeah, I also get no signal at my home -- but T-Mo wifi-calling is perfect.
    A lot depends on the phone as well, some phones have fantastic range to tower others do not. This also happens within the same type of phone. All I can say is AT&T is over priced and customer service is horrible.
    03-30-21 09:58 AM
    Lol... Can't count how many times I've heard "you need to upgrade...". Ug. I typically reply I'd sure like to UP grade... Once someone offers an UPgrade that genuinely improves on, or at least retains, existing productivity. UpDATE to a DOWNgrade is no UPgrade! Imo. Lol.

What sort of provision does TMo offer to impede spam/telemarketing calls? I'm SOoo sick of "your warrantee is about to expire" calls! WHAT are those ppl's game? If they want to warrant my 21 year old, 830,000 mile F350... Let's get started! Lol. If I ever considered an extended warranty, I certainly will NOT interact with such low lifes... Lol.

Many of those calls counterfeit local exchanges, etc. The carrier that truly, absolutely positively, caller I.D.'s the REAL phone # will earn life long loyalty by me.
    T Mobile now has a spam blocker so far it seems to work as advertised, I will let you know in about a month my thoughts.
    03-30-21 10:01 AM
    A lot depends on the phone as well, some phones have fantastic range to tower others do not. This also happens within the same type of phone. All I can say is AT&T is over priced and customer service is horrible.
    I think Verizon is overpriced and their customer service isn't all that great.... but where I live, work and play they have the coverage I need. So I pay more for the coverage I want.
    03-30-21 10:03 AM
    I think Verizon is overpriced and their customer service isn't all that great.... but where I live, work and play they have the coverage I need. So I pay more for the coverage I want.
    Hey that's whats great about being free, I was with AT&T from the very beginning. Phones with 1 hour talk time, briefcase in size. Always had good service as a corporate user, than the changes started. Service went down hill, I phone 8 11 and 12s bounced for not being network ready. Many calls back and forth resetting the phones and poof a few days latter phones not working again. Hey in the end if it work, for me never again.
    03-30-21 10:08 AM
    Here’s an interesting T-Mobile article from another site

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...nd-pixel-fans/
    03-30-21 07:20 PM
    I've had good experiences with their customer service, but it's the actual service that leaves itself to be desired. For example, unbranded devices are hardly supported for VoLTE and wi-fi calling. They have a list of what looked like 20 devices that were compatible with those services if unbranded. What a joke. I might go give VZW a try next.
    03-30-21 11:45 PM
    I've had good experiences with their customer service, but it's the actual service that leaves itself to be desired. For example, unbranded devices are hardly supported for VoLTE and wi-fi calling. They have a list of what looked like 20 devices that were compatible with those services if unbranded. What a joke. I might go give VZW a try next.
    You’ll find a VZW requirement that factory unlocked device must be certified by VZW to officially be approved for use on their 4G LTE network. It’s a similar but what seems to be a smaller list of their OEM partners like the AT&T list. The reality is that when it comes to factory unlocked devices, especially 5G devices, all three carriers don’t want your business if you aren’t purchasing the device from them. It all seems legal so I’m not sure the solution. I also don’t see advantage of factory unlocked on 5G yet since the 5G protocols aren’t uniform.
    03-31-21 06:34 AM
    You’ll find a VZW requirement that factory unlocked device must be certified by VZW to officially be approved for use on their 4G LTE network. It’s a similar but what seems to be a smaller list of their OEM partners like the AT&T list. The reality is that when it comes to factory unlocked devices, especially 5G devices, all three carriers don’t want your business if you aren’t purchasing the device from them. It all seems legal so I’m not sure the solution. I also don’t see advantage of factory unlocked on 5G yet since the 5G protocols aren’t uniform.
    T-Mobile has no issues with 5G unlocked phones, we have many unlocked phones and have experienced no issues at all. Verizon has always been a company phone/network. AT&T cannot keep any non company phone on network for more than a few days. With the money and fake fees they charge I say good luck to them.
    03-31-21 08:06 AM
    T-Mobile has no issues with 5G unlocked phones, we have many unlocked phones and have experienced no issues at all. Verizon has always been a company phone/network. AT&T cannot keep any non company phone on network for more than a few days. With the money and fake fees they charge I say good luck to them.
    Beyond the usual 2-3 OEMs that are their major carrier locked partners, I’m not sure 5G is really available for many of the BYOD crowd. I’ll trust what any company is only willing to put in writing...

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...ice-byod-guide

Per their own website currently, their BYOD strategy is aimed still at 4G with even that having caveats galore. The Sprint merger tightened up the BYOD side in order to keep customers used to buying only carrier locked devices in the same behavior mode. Remember, 50% approximately of their current base was happy with Sprint/TMO pricing and carrier locked devices pre-merger and that would be stupid to break if not broken. Will it be relaxed, who knows, but TMO isn’t going to leave money laying on the ground with it’s ginormous debt load.
    03-31-21 01:30 PM
    Beyond the usual 2-3 OEMs that are their major carrier locked partners, I’m not sure 5G is really available for many of the BYOD crowd. I’ll trust what any company is only willing to put in writing...

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...ice-byod-guide

Per their own website currently, their BYOD strategy is aimed still at 4G with even that having caveats galore. The Sprint merger tightened up the BYOD side in order to keep customers used to buying only carrier locked devices in the same behavior mode. Remember, 50% approximately of their current base was happy with Sprint/TMO pricing and carrier locked devices pre-merger and that would be stupid to break if not broken. Will it be relaxed, who knows, but TMO isn’t going to leave money laying on the ground with it’s ginormous debt load.
    For regular customers on T Mobile there is no change or up charge. The other thing is the parent company sets the rules and in Germany its customer service first. There will be changes but not that many as the parent will not allow it.
    03-31-21 03:03 PM
    Will it be relaxed, who knows, but TMO isn’t going to leave money laying on the ground with it’s ginormous debt load.
    Asking as an outsider : do US carriers make that much money on devices, or mainly use them to reduce churn? (or improve subsriber numbers with new user promo's)
    What I saw you pay off the device in 24 or 30 installments, so it assumes that you will be a customer of the carrier until you pay off, unless you pay off early, but many ppl finance several devices at the same time on multiline accounts, and may not have the funds to pay all of them off early.
    Or do you have to enter into a 24 or 30 month commitment for service as well? (with financial penalty if you terminate the contract early)
    03-31-21 03:42 PM
    Asking as an outsider : do US carriers make that much money on devices, or mainly use them to reduce churn? (or improve subsriber numbers with new user promo's)
    What I saw you pay off the device in 24 or 30 installments, so it assumes that you will be a customer of the carrier until you pay off, unless you pay off early, but many ppl finance several devices at the same time on multiline accounts, and may not have the funds to pay all of them off early.
    Or do you have to enter into a 24 or 30 month commitment for service as well? (with financial penalty if you terminate the contract early)
    They make some cash as a reseller, but the real profit is people get stuck on network and cannot move. AT&T who my company was with from the very beginning was a great company for customer service and overall services. We had over 250 phones on account and never had any issues when changing out a phone. Just slap in the SIM and the network would pick it up. We have BlackBerry Priv/Keyone/Keytwo/Apple8/11/12. All phones worked fine than the update. Poof phones knocked off network. Days spend fixing the problem than back again. Finally a move to T Mobile and never looked back.
    the_boon and bh7171 like this.
    03-31-21 05:46 PM
    Interesting. I planned on going to a store tomorrow. I'll see what happens, thanks for the heads up!
    03-31-21 10:23 PM
    Interesting. I planned on going to a store tomorrow. I'll see what happens, thanks for the heads up!
    T Mobile has no issues with unlocked 5 G phones.
    04-01-21 04:18 PM
    T Mobile has no issues with unlocked 5 G phones.
    Verizon ran my IMEI and didn't recommend me to be on their networks. I told them that was fair, so I'm back on T-Mobile for the time being. I couldn't stand not being able to receive the text messages that I don't read and the phone calls I don't answer any longer.

Apparently I missed 3 things that friends were trying to plan for the weekend lol. Oh well.
    04-03-21 08:28 PM
    We have well over 90 phones all unlocked all working fine on T Mobile. Its a setting with your phone and how it interfaces with the network.
    04-04-21 09:49 AM
    Perhaps, like the other carriers, they grandfather in their existing customers.
    04-15-22 05:15 PM
    Not sure which post you are responding to.

If your phone isn't on AT&T's whitelist, it's out. Period.
    AAByron likes this.
    04-15-22 05:23 PM
    If you’re referring to AT&T, nope……..
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-15-22 05:44 PM
    TMO...where I went today to try to get my ancient 3 Classics on their network (from ATT) and was sent packing with my tail between my legs :-(

My comment was meant to be a reply to: "We have well over 90 phones all unlocked all working fine on T Mobile. Its a setting with your phone and how it interfaces with the network." As I have learned, most carriers allow existing customers more time, but refuse new ones with (ancient) phones.
    04-15-22 05:56 PM
    FYI: ATT did bring onboard all 3 of my Classics from VZW just 2 years ago. It took 3 hours a day over a 3 day period and the manager and a bunch of other techs in the store were involved. (Perhaps out of curiosity?)

Started out with me trying to get ATT to allow on my 3 Bolds (my true love) after VZW threw me off. When ATT could not find a way (was hilarious to watch ATT techs swipe on the Bold, Me: "No, no"), I bought 3 used Classics and they succeeded. ATT techs worked on my 3 Classics for hours, ppl came out of the back rooms to look at the phones, they are a curiosity, of course, but there is just something about those keyboards...

But as of Feb 2022 only MMS works. So today I tried TMO, they were very nice but said no-can-do...also said same would be true if 4GVoLte. I'm in Manhattan, so might be that the antennas here are a priority to being replaced with 5G, as +8M potential customers. One of the phones on my family plan is down South and still have voice, so it appears the antennas are being phased out and they are starting first with big cities, makes business sense.

PS: Nice ppl at TMO, nice ppl at ATT, horribly rude ppl at VZW. (I was born here in NYC and when even *NYers* find someone rude, you can imagine how bad an experience that was.) I looked, of course, at the new phones offered at TMO (same as at ATT, VZW) but, obviously, no pkb and they are huge...and here I thought the Classic was too big ;-)
    04-15-22 06:14 PM
    TMO...where I went today to try to get my ancient 3 Classics on their network (from ATT) and was sent packing with my tail between my legs :-(

My comment was meant to be a reply to: "We have well over 90 phones all unlocked all working fine on T Mobile. Its a setting with your phone and how it interfaces with the network." As I have learned, most carriers allow existing customers more time, but refuse new ones with (ancient) phones.
    Well, you're referring to a service claim from over a year ago. Existing customers are still using old 3G/4G BB10 devices on TMO for now. Since 3G is being shutdown on TMO in near future, it appears TMO is refusing to activate devices that aren’t 4G VoLTE compatible. Welcome in 2022 and enjoy a well deserved upgrade.
    Laura Knotek and pdr733 like this.
    04-15-22 06:14 PM
    Yes, that is what I said in my first comment...TMO probably grandfathered in older 4G phones but will not allow new customers with older 4G phones...btw, TMO manager said even IF phone was 4G VoLTE and not just 4GLTE.

While the upgrade might be "well deserved", it is not wanted so there's that. It is not the cost, fortunately, it is a combination of the vkb and the size. Except for an iPhone (not gonna happen), all the vkb phones are huge. Ah well, once TMO said no way, all hope is lost, so onwards to the unknown.
    04-16-22 11:01 AM
    btw, TMO manager said even IF phone was 4G VoLTE and not just 4GLTE.
    BB10 does not use the current VoLTE standard, that's why.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-16-22 11:09 AM
    Yes, that is what I said in my first comment...TMO probably grandfathered in older 4G phones but will not allow new customers with older 4G phones...btw, TMO manager said even IF phone was 4G VoLTE and not just 4GLTE.

While the upgrade might be "well deserved", it is not wanted so there's that. It is not the cost, fortunately, it is a combination of the vkb and the size. Except for an iPhone (not gonna happen), all the vkb phones are huge. Ah well, once TMO said no way, all hope is lost, so onwards to the unknown.
    Basically switching from AT&T to either T-Mobile or a T-Mobile reseller MVNO, is only going to extend your BB10 usage a few months.

If that important, switch now and take advantage of whatever device promotions TMO is offering. Once everything setup, you can switch the SIM from each new device back to BB10 device until 3G shutdown happens in your area.
    04-16-22 12:06 PM
71 123