I usually switch devices on the weekend from my Key2 to the Jelly 2 but now I am forced to call AT&T and spend 20 minutes asking the service rep to reset my network and then spend another five minutes trying to get me to buy a new phone from them. So, I was thinking to switch to T-Mobile. How is the service? Should I just stick with the Key2 and AT&T until the Blackberry 5G comes out later this year?
    03-07-21 11:23 AM
    T-Mobile many times will let you try their network in your area for a period of time. I live in California and did this in 2015. I had zero issues between AT&T and T-Mobile in my area, Las Vegas, and Indianapolis during that period. I switched and saved 68 dollars per month from my then corporate account had with AT&T for 15 years for two lines that were supposed to be "unlimited". Issue was AT&T capped or lessened speed on my wifes then Z30. I have never looked back leaving AT&T and have saved @ 840 dollars annually since. We have 4 lines unlimited, with hot spot tethering, DIGITS (which is about the coolest feature for my tablets and phone on WiFi) and Netflix for free for 160/month. Also no "fees or taxes" all one flat price.
    ppeters914, phuoc and abalourdos59 like this.
    03-07-21 11:59 AM
    Also never had any issues using unlocked devices on T-Mobile. I have visual voice-mail, VoLTE and native WiFi calling capabilities on my Black Edition BlackBerry KeyOne. Honestly do not experience any difficulties or difference when using BE KEYone or my A71 5G. Simply switch SIM if I desire.
    abalourdos59 likes this.
    03-07-21 12:06 PM
    I usually switch devices on the weekend from my Key2 to the Jelly 2 but now I am forced to call AT&T and spend 20 minutes asking the service rep to reset my network and then spend another five minutes trying to get me to buy a new phone from them. So, I was thinking to switch to T-Mobile. How is the service? Should I just stick with the Key2 and AT&T until the Blackberry 5G comes out later this year?
    I'll echo @bh7171 on T-Mobile historical BYOD friendliness and we'll disagree on if that continues. Our different experience seems to be related to postpaid(him) or prepaid (me) type of account.

Part of the latest issues with TMO for my testing, deal with carrier band used. I find VoLTE coverage on the Motion band 66 excellent. I find VoLTE coverage on the BE KEYone band 4 horrible. It seems as if Band 4 may have been 3G refarmed to 5G or something else. I've got what I think is traditional voice coverage over 3G but weaker signal and virtually no LTE data. Since missing band 66, the BE KEYone has lost about 30-40% of coverage usability in Tampa Bay metro area. My understanding is that area upgrades were accelerated for Super Bowl prepping end of 2019 or so. This was for all carriers to some degree.

All that being said, for all practical uses, the Passport is WiFi only sooner than later since VoLTE not supported
    abalourdos59 likes this.
    03-07-21 12:31 PM
    We switched from AT&T to T-Mobile three years ago primarily because of the crap coverage and excessive fees when outside the Lower 48. With T-Mobile's 55+ Plan, I'm paying $30 less per month than my discounted AT&T corporate plan.

Zero regrets. YMMV
    bh7171, phuoc and abalourdos59 like this.
    03-07-21 02:45 PM
    I switched to AT&T last summer and have regrets. I am in the NJ/NYC area and AT&Tasks coverage is so so. They also own CNN which is another reason I want to drop them.
    phuoc and abalourdos59 like this.
    03-08-21 05:37 AM
    I switched to AT&T last summer and have regrets. I am in the NJ/NYC area and AT&Tasks coverage is so so. They also own CNN which is another reason I want to drop them.
    What exact device are you currently on and carrier locked version or not?
    03-08-21 07:23 AM
    What exact device are you currently on and carrier locked version or not?
    I have the S20 and it is Carrier locked. I am hoping to switch back to TMO
    03-08-21 09:35 AM
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Going today to make the switch. If it ends up being a good bargain and service is good I will move others in my company over.
    03-08-21 12:20 PM
    We switched our corporate account over to T-Mobile. We have many phones and half got bounced with the tower update. Than crappy customer service. Over to T-Mobile and never looked back.................fantastic
    abalourdos59 and bh7171 like this.
    03-08-21 07:39 PM
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Going today to make the switch. If it ends up being a good bargain and service is good I will move others in my company over.
    see below
    03-08-21 07:39 PM
    I have been using cell phones since the early days and there is no company that’s better then the other one. They all have their good and bad points.

As far as using unlocked devices, I have been on T Mobile for many years and have never had any issues with using unlocked devices on their network.

I did switch to AT&T for a short period of time and my issues where with the extra charges that kept showing up on my bill every month, I switched back to T Mobile and have been happy with their service.

But, that’s my experience and everyone has their own opinion and that’s why we have have several companies, so you can choose the one that’s right for you, for myself, it’s been T Mobile the last 10 years.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-16-21 07:30 AM
    Recently, I had to write an essay about technologies including cell phone carriers. To be honest, I failed and applied to the writing service. By the way, at this website https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/paperrater/ you can check reviews in order to find the best service. Fortunately, nowadays there are a lot of opportunities to solve various issues, agree?
    Last edited by Onenilto; 03-22-21 at 05:35 AM.
    03-17-21 12:18 PM
    I have been using cell phones since the early days and there is no company that’s better then the other one. They all have their good and bad points.

As far as using unlocked devices, I have been on T Mobile for many years and have never had any issues with using unlocked devices on their network.

I did switch to AT&T for a short period of time and my issues where with the extra charges that kept showing up on my bill every month, I switched back to T Mobile and have been happy with their service.

But, that’s my experience and everyone has their own opinion and that’s why we have have several companies, so you can choose the one that’s right for you, for myself, it’s been T Mobile the last 10 years.
    Yes you are right, but I had an AT&T corporate account with well over 200 phones and their customer service and cost is horrible. We change phones out when an employee has an issue. All of our phones are factory unlocked and with the last tower update they kicked more than half of our phones off the system as not compatible, never mind that they are K2's I phone 8 + and 11 +. All of these phones are 100% compatible so hours had to be spent with snotty 20 year olds telling us I quote "you people need to up grade", the Key 2,I phone 8 and 11 are not LTE/Voice. What morons, than after a few days poof all over again. Fast forward over to T Mobile great customer service and all phones are compatible to all system upgrades...........best of all 45% cheaper with better service.
    03-20-21 04:14 PM
    Yes you are right, but I had an AT&T corporate account with well over 200 phones and their customer service and cost is horrible. We change phones out when an employee has an issue. All of our phones are factory unlocked and with the last tower update they kicked more than half of our phones off the system as not compatible, never mind that they are K2's I phone 8 + and 11 +. All of these phones are 100% compatible so hours had to be spent with snotty 20 year olds telling us I quote "you people need to up grade", the Key 2,I phone 8 and 11 are not LTE/Voice. What morons, than after a few days poof all over again. Fast forward over to T Mobile great customer service and all phones are compatible to all system upgrades...........best of all 45% cheaper with better service.
    Lol... Can't count how many times I've heard "you need to upgrade...". Ug. I typically reply I'd sure like to UP grade... Once someone offers an UPgrade that genuinely improves on, or at least retains, existing productivity. UpDATE to a DOWNgrade is no UPgrade! Imo. Lol.

What sort of provision does TMo offer to impede spam/telemarketing calls? I'm SOoo sick of "your warrantee is about to expire" calls! WHAT are those ppl's game? If they want to warrant my 21 year old, 830,000 mile F350... Let's get started! Lol. If I ever considered an extended warranty, I certainly will NOT interact with such low lifes... Lol.

Many of those calls counterfeit local exchanges, etc. The carrier that truly, absolutely positively, caller I.D.'s the REAL phone # will earn life long loyalty by me.
    03-26-21 01:31 PM
    Doesn't it depend where you live? I switched from TMobile (to Verizon) long ago and would never switch back due to poor signal and coverage in my area.
    03-27-21 11:44 AM
    Doesn't it depend where you live? I switched from TMobile (to Verizon) long ago and would never switch back due to poor signal and coverage in my area.
    If you made a change long ago I would suspect the coverage issues have changed drastically and would be non-existent. Not only has T-Mobile continually built out all over they now also have Sprints spectrum as well.

In 2015 they offered a free SIM for a month. I was a 15 year AT&T sucker (I mean client). I found no discernable difference in 3 states at that time thus made our switch then.
    03-27-21 12:38 PM
    If you made a change long ago I would suspect the coverage issues have changed drastically and would be non-existent. Not only has T-Mobile continually built out all over they now also have Sprints spectrum as well.

In 2015 they offered a free SIM for a month. I was a 15 year AT&T sucker (I mean client). I found no discernable difference in 3 states at that time thus made our switch then.
    You are likely right. Back then, TMobile was also the only one out of the major 4 that did not have equipment on-site at the medical center I work at to boost signal. There was a reason back then that they pushed Wi-Fi calling lol. It was an easy decision to switch.

I am not one to constantly switch between carriers, and I hold on to phones for as long as I can.
    03-27-21 01:11 PM

T-Mobile/Sprint merger should have fixed most of the coverage issues around my area. Now that we’re having to move three (3) miles east back to our family hood, we’ll find out if TMO/Sprint coverage is close to my almost tolerable AT&T coverage, not better VZW coverage, but preferred over zero coverage.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-27-21 05:33 PM
    T-Mobile/Sprint merger should have fixed most of the coverage issues around my area. Now that we’re having to move three (3) miles east back to our family hood, we’ll find out if TMO/Sprint coverage is close to my almost tolerable AT&T coverage, not better VZW coverage, but preferred over zero coverage.
    the question is mute, AT&T and T-Mobile share the same towers and swap transmitters. If one works the other should follow. AT&T has had network issues now going on a month.
    03-28-21 05:06 PM
    the question is mute, AT&T and T-Mobile share the same towers and swap transmitters. If one works the other should follow. AT&T has had network issues now going on a month.
    *moot

03-28-21 05:08 PM
    *moot

yup......................cold beer is waiting
    03-28-21 05:10 PM
    All I know is... have been with T-Mo for 12 years. Every phone I've brought to T-Mo worked. Their wifi-calling worked in countries where AT&T claimed theirs' would not (my son was on AT&T and his iPhone wifi-calling would tank). I'm in So Ca and service on T-Mo seems now to have surpassed the uber-coverage claimed by AT&T -- in fact my son just switched and loves it. They may be sharing the same towers but that's about all.
    phuoc, bh7171 and ppeters914 like this.
    03-29-21 08:02 AM
    In my area, AT&T has better coverage by far. There are stretches of I-95 where I have no signal at all from T-Mobile when I used them, but I would have excellent signal with AT&T. Also buffering times for videos are much better on AT&T from my experience than T-Mobile when I ran prepaid plans on both providers. The only problem I have with AT&T is that I get no signal at all in my own home and they can't hookup my factory unlocked phone to work with wi-fi calling and text.
    03-29-21 03:47 PM
    In my area, AT&T has better coverage by far. There are stretches of I-95 where I have no signal at all from T-Mobile when I used them, but I would have excellent signal with AT&T. Also buffering times for videos are much better on AT&T from my experience than T-Mobile when I ran prepaid plans on both providers. The only problem I have with AT&T is that I get no signal at all in my own home and they can't hookup my factory unlocked phone to work with wi-fi calling and text.
    Yeah, I also get no signal at my home -- but T-Mo wifi-calling is perfect.
    03-30-21 08:06 AM
71 123