So, is it just by chance that AT&T and the company they are buying, T-Mobile (which was the first to announce they would carry the Bold 9900), suddenly are the last to offer it and though the Bold 9900 will be available this month on T-Mobile (behind Verizon and Sprint) they put a price tag that is just crazy high?

I think it more likely that AT&T and Apple have such a strong relationship that AT&T is holding off on this awesome device because it really is better than the iPhone in many ways and this will give Apple a chance to launch their own delayed device in September or October.

AT&T has always had terrible BB prices while the iPhone was establishing itself and they were the only carrier that held off on the Bridge app for the BB Playbook and now this. Honestly, why the delay? People are dying to get this phone and they can't launch while Sprint can?

Honestly, people should not reward but punish this type of behavior. I suggest people that want this device to consider moving to Verizon or Sprint. They are world phones and you can travel with them. If I want an iPhone I'll get one but I don't. If this is just another conspiracy theory (and it may be) it means nothing but if in fact they are doing this kind of thing then why support it.

I have a Torch (yes, I came back to AT&T for it) but I'm not rolling over to get Steve Job's approval for buying his device. Sprint will have this device available on Sunday and Verizon is already selling it for 199.00! NOW!

So why are we with AT&T? Sprint is cheaper and Verizon has better coverage. Lets switch and show them consumers have a choice. I'm doing it this Sunday.
    donnyphone likes this.
    08-17-11 10:50 AM
    Sprint has bad coverage in my area & Verizon is not a world phone, as for AT&T releasing the bold late, If I was hard up for the bold I could get it from another carrier say like Roger. AT&t from what I've read here is still field testing the bold & that's the reason for the delay.
    08-17-11 11:17 AM
    Great post!! AT&T charges outrageous prices for their BB phones, and their failure to support the BB bridge was unacceptable. Steve Jobs is an anti-competitive jackass, and so is AT&T.
    08-17-11 11:20 AM
    Its going to so suck when this merger goes through. More than likely will try big red (if I can afford their ridiculous prices.), if not then try Sprint and go down the line....

I loathe At&t.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 11:35 AM
    outrageous? Try Canadian prices. The New 9810 @ ATT in US is going to be listed at $49 with a new or upgrade contract. My 9700 1-1/2 years ago was $100 with $100 rebate, so basically free.
    08-17-11 11:55 AM
    Can you use a T-Mobile Sim Card in An At&t Phone?
    What is An MEP Network password? needs, help!
    08-17-11 01:29 PM
    Verizon is not a world phone, .
    Verizon does offer world phones. My S2 is a world phone. So is the Bold.

Can you use a T-Mobile Sim Card in An At&t Phone?
    What is An MEP Network password? needs, help!
    You don't need to double post. MEP Network password = unlock code. Call AT&T and get it.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    08-17-11 01:33 PM
    Great post!! AT&T charges outrageous prices for their BB phones, and their failure to support the BB bridge was unacceptable. Steve Jobs is an anti-competitive jackass, and so is AT&T.
    • They charge outrageous prices becaue (at least initially) people are willing to pay that amount. It's only crazy if no one buys the phone at that price.
    • They do support BB Bridge. They don't support the browswer, which is tethering, unless you pay for a tethering plan. No matter how you look at it, it is tethering your phone via bluethooth to your tablet. AT&T charges for their tethering plans. You might hate it, but that is how it is right now.
    • Anti-compeptitive? Possibly, but I'd say genius marketing. If you know that a single release is going to net you tons of upgrades and new customers, then you're going to push other less popular phones to the backburner to concentrate on this one event. It's like complaining that your favorite local, independent band has to play before or after a Coldplay concert instead of at the same time. Companies follow the money trail because they are there to make a profit.
    08-17-11 01:55 PM
    Thanks for correcting me Coldsunshine.
    08-17-11 02:26 PM
    At this point in the game, i don't think att think people wanting a bberry will be foregoing the iphone 5 when it comes out. In my opinion, they just have the wrong strategy thinking the 9810 will make the register ring more by having it as an exclusive in the US.
    08-17-11 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD