I have a friend that has a Curve with AT&T. She wants to switch to Verizon to get a Storm. I have been a customer with Verizon for years and currently own a Storm. Her wanting to switch probably has intensified party due to my playing with the Storm in front of her for a month now. She called AT&T today to let them know that she is going to switch over. She is pretty thorough and ended up talking to somebody in corporate. They told her Verizon is pulling all Storms off the shelves due to the screen freezing and problems with their messenger. I heard this and called Verizon and they denied it. She ended up calling and talking to another person at AT&T and they said the same thing. Has anybody else heard this rumor? I'm wondering if this is AT&T's new customer retention policy, lie lie lie. If not is Verizon trying to keep something on the DL?
    12-27-08 02:24 PM
    Verizon would never admit it....

Also this could somehow be true... the newer Storms being released don't seem to have the same screen issues.

What at&t may not be saying is that "they are being replaced with better ones"

It may not be "lie lie lie", but instead "leave that part out"
    12-27-08 02:34 PM
    Highly unlikely. Storm is VZW's biggest selling phone ever & most of the issues will be fixed with OS updates.
    12-27-08 02:35 PM
    I would think it would be AT&Ts way of trying not to lose customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 02:37 PM
    No surprises there- I was an AT&T Corp. Account Mngr and we were basically told to do whatever to retain the big accounts (25 lines and up). I dont think they would flat out lie but they definitely know how to spin the truth in their favor.

12-27-08 02:47 PM
    Highly unlikely. Storm is VZW's biggest selling phone ever & most of the issues will be fixed with OS updates.
    Not the hardware! I am having dust get in the screen and clicking issues and I am wondering if the new units are sealed better and the click is fixed. Till then I will hang on to this one!
    12-27-08 03:48 PM
    Not the hardware! I am having dust get in the screen and clicking issues and I am wondering if the new units are sealed better and the click is fixed. Till then I will hang on to this one!
    The fimware updates have been fixing my problems really well. I do agree about the hardware tho. I can see a gap between my screen and frame. No click problems as of yet. I'm still happy as **** with the device and if they want to give me a new one with the hardware fixed I'd take it.
    12-27-08 04:24 PM
    I would like to know where you get you info from. Biggest selling, ever? It hasn't been out long enough to be.
    12-27-08 04:40 PM
    How could the Storm be the best selling phone ever on Verizon when its barely been out a month and a half.....
    12-27-08 04:42 PM
    How could the Storm be the best selling phone ever on Verizon when its barely been out a month and a half.....

Perhaps like the Iphone was for AT&T, the Storm is for Verizon?
    12-27-08 07:41 PM
    I would be very surprised if it isn't the best selling phone ever. As for AT&T, i will be stopping by a few stores to show off my flawless Storm.
    12-27-08 08:12 PM
    I would be very surprised if it isn't the best selling phone ever. As for AT&T, i will be stopping by a few stores to show off my flawless Storm.
    I believe that belongs to the Razr. But I could be wrong.
    12-27-08 08:21 PM
    This is a flat out fabrication. The Storm is nowhere near being pulled from shelves. Maybe by customers, but that's about it.
    12-27-08 08:54 PM
    Easy. Count $$$/day, or units sold/day.
    12-27-08 08:57 PM
    Probably means "fastest" selling, and on pace to be Verizon's "biggest" selling phone ever. Just my guess.
    12-27-08 08:58 PM
    I believe that belongs to the Razr. But I could be wrong.
    Actually a couple weeks ago it was big news in the blogosphere that the iPhone had surpassed the RAZR in sales overall. I don't know whether you just mean on VZW though....

12-27-08 10:35 PM
    Actually a couple weeks ago it was big news in the blogosphere that the iPhone had surpassed the RAZR in sales overall. I don't know whether you just mean on VZW though....

Good to know. I was just talking in general and not just Verizon.
    12-27-08 10:51 PM
    ATT is just trying to get customers. No way would VZW pull the phone off the shelves, sure there are issues but a lot of it can be fixed with new OS. Just downloaded the new .85 and I'm loving it. With each OS I have gotten, I love it more and more.
    12-28-08 03:16 AM
    I would figure AT&T would say that to keep there customers. I dont blame them though. Verizon being a better service and better phones ( in my opinion )AT&T would do whatever it takes to keep there customers. GO STORM!!!
    12-28-08 04:20 PM
    According to my corporate rep...Verizon can't keep the Storm on the shelves. They're getting shipments from BB twice a week and they are going out immediately.
    12-28-08 04:35 PM
    I have been working with data support and no rumor of that has been floating around at all so ATT is false on this. there are plenty of storms in the warehouse and keeps getting more everyday.
    12-28-08 04:42 PM
    sprint did the same thing with me.

I told sprint i was droping them for att to get an iphone, and they went on and on about how bad it was and tried to get me to buy a samsung instinct.. which is a cr@p phone.

I said i was more versed in the pro's and cons of both phones than 99% of the sprint reps and said good day.

It was a great day, when i finally sold my iphone on craigslist, and i bought a G1 google phone.

It was another great day when i sold my google g1 phone and bought a storm.
    12-28-08 04:53 PM
    it would be cool to get a document from any of the cell companys with regards on how to handle a customer wanting to switch and how to discredit the competitors phone..

There has to be some kind of e-doc that says give these pro's for our phone and discuss these con's for their phone.
    12-28-08 04:55 PM
    It all sounds like rumors. You have to think from ATT's point of view. You want to keep that customer around...ESPECIALLY if they're a business/corporate client. Lot's and lots of $$$.
    However, what the rep said about the phones getting yanked off the shelves is a bunch of BS! It's the same issue iPhone 3G had when it came out. A few OS updates later and the issues were fixed. Just like what is happening right now with the storm.
    Now, there are some of you VERIZON fan boys on here talking smack about how your service is so superior...and I'm about to put you on blast on the next post.
    12-28-08 06:25 PM
    It all sounds like rumors. You have to think from ATT's point of view. You want to keep that customer around...ESPECIALLY if they're a business/corporate client. Lot's and lots of $$$.
    However, what the rep said about the phones getting yanked off the shelves is a bunch of BS! It's the same issue iPhone 3G had when it came out. A few OS updates later and the issues were fixed. Just like what is happening right now with the storm.
    Now, there are some of you VERIZON fan boys on here talking smack about how your service is so superior...and I'm about to put you on blast on the next post.

Hmm, so tell me. How do you intend to put someone on BLAST on your next post? Everyone has there own opinions. I had verizon for a long time and never had AT&T. So since I never had it, its only right to vent on the phone company I have. You have to expect that in some way, shape or form.
    12-28-08 06:48 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD