i work for ATT Technical Support...just alittle info and i dont know if it means much but...in our Device Owners Manual, there is a Storm file in the Blackberry folder, now its the only phone in there that we do not currently have...i just got a 9500 waiting on it to arrive, but just the thought of that being in there makes me wonder if we will be getting it soon
    02-19-09 12:22 PM
    Hmmmm......I think I could make this whole post but do it reversed. My first phone was Sprint and I had too many dropped calls. I moved to Voicestream who rarely dropped but didn't have the best phone prices. I moved to ATT who had decent service but charged way to much for text messages not on a plan and finally in 2002 landed back with VoiceStream whom had changed to T-Mobile. I cannot in anyway complain about dropped calls. I never experience them and if I do I'm usually talking to someone with Sprint and their phone has dropped the call. I travel in both the U.S. and Canada, reside in the suburbs and occasionally take cruises. In all this time I have had excellent service. Is that to say that that there is no place that I will lose service? Not at all. But I cannot believe in anyway that they are the worse network. That's why as stated several times in this thread it's better not to make judgemental statements about a carrier being the worse. No carrier is perfect and people choose certain carriers because of personal reasons.

Now I must admit I wish they would keep up with the phone race a little better. The G1? come on.......

In your words though, "I say pick what you want, try them all but never expect an all in one service forever if your on the move it will never happen and when it gets to that point expect another monopoly break up to destroy it all and take another 30 years t build it back up only to be split up again and again."

Amen to that!!!
    I had similar situations. I went from AT&T (Well started w/ Bellsouth Mobility but then it changed to Cingular then to AT&T) to Sprint. I did it at that time just for a phone I wanted. I was young. Sprint was ok, but when driving to/from work I would go through a tunnel and always drop calls. Then switched to T-Mo. I remember being on the phone with my cousin and saying "when the phone cuts off I'll call you back" but it never did. I was sold ever since then. I had some coworkers at my last job who all got better reception than me in parts of the building (it was a factory), but it wasn't THAT much better. We are talking 2 bars instead of 1. They had different carriers... AT&T, Alltel, Cellular South, etc. I personally have had no issues with TMobile in various places I've traveled so until I do I'm fine with them.

I do wish they'd do better with phone selection though. And their 3g network. But people I know with AT&T don't get the greatest 3g coverage (and these are people in different parts of the country) So I'd rather TMo go slow and get it right.
    02-19-09 01:16 PM
    at work a lot of people come into the store asking when AT&T will be getting the Storm, i tell them most likely not because if we did infact pick up the storm it would take away from bold/iPhone sales. Nothing too drastic but one company can't have everything...
    Correct me if I am wrong, but to me, it is like I hear that Rogers in Canada gets EVERY phone out there. Storm, iPhone, Bold, Curve, you name it, lol.

I stand corrected, no storm for Rogers. But I won't be surprised if they do sometime in the future...
    Last edited by raskal1130; 03-16-09 at 05:29 PM.
    02-19-09 02:32 PM
    i work for ATT Technical Support...just alittle info and i dont know if it means much but...in our Device Owners Manual, there is a Storm file in the Blackberry folder, now its the only phone in there that we do not currently have...i just got a 9500 waiting on it to arrive, but just the thought of that being in there makes me wonder if we will be getting it soon
    I have the 9500 on AT&T for 3 days now with the new .113 release..blows my old 9530 away..no freezing..reboots..lockups..VSOD...just worked flawlessly so far. If you can get your hands on one I would highly recommend for the unlockers..(at&t, tmobile)..
    03-16-09 04:33 PM
    I have always had verizon. Personally I think its the best service out there and its not because I have tested the other services but because I laugh at my friends in thier deadzones.

I think if your going to use a phone like a storm you really should have it on a network like verizon... having a storm on AT&T is like having a Porsche and driving it with cheap economy tires... Its still a Porsche, but its not going to run like one!
    03-16-09 04:41 PM
80 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD