But how often are we hearing of salespeople being the hairdresser's brother, or more accurately, "anti-BB zealots" by lying ("the company's out of/soon will be out of business," "our carrier doesn't sell their phones anymore," or my personal favorite, one that I was told myself--"there was a breach in the state department's BBs?") And why does this behavior seem to get a pass?
    MADBRADNYC and Skyforever like this.
    03-17-14 12:33 AM
    Or maybe the customer simply didn't know any better. I think of my hairdresser. She bought a WP7 device very early on because her brother is a huge Microsoft fanboy. She didn't know any better, and was pushed into a bad decision by a zealot. Of course she hated it because she wanted to use this app or that email service and none of it really worked well. She was jumping up and down excited when her contract was finally up for renewal, and loves her S4 because everything she wants just works now. That's what she needed from a phone.

It would have been a very good idea if the salesperson had talked to her about the risks and substantial inconvenience of buying an alternative platform. Then if she was the MSFT zealot, she could still buy it, but if she really wasn't she'd have something to think about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree with this situation but again do your research before going. But this is not about Samsung or Iphone or Andriods it about BlackBerry. Customers walk in for product and when they ask for it sales reps look at them like they are out of their mind for wanting a BlackBerry product.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 12:35 AM
    But how often are we hearing of salespeople being the hairdresser's brother, or more accurately, "anti-BB zealots" by lying ("the company's out of/soon will be out of business," "our carrier doesn't sell their phones anymore," or my personal favorite, one that I was told myself--"there was a breach in the state department's BBs?") And why does this behavior seem to get a pass?
    Again you are right Raino. I for one feel more secure with a BlackBerry platform as far a security than any other platform. Their is a specific reason why the guy in the white house is only allowed to use a BlackBerry even when he considered other platforms. Secret Service will not allow anything that is not a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    03-17-14 12:38 AM
    If only 0.5% of McDonalds customers bought ice tea, they wouldn't even offer it as an option on the menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Iced tea or weird American sweet tea?? Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 12:43 AM
    Again you are right Raino. I for one feel more secure with a BlackBerry platform when it comes to security than any other platform. Their is a specific reason why the guy in the white house is only allowed to use a BlackBerry even when he considered other platforms. Secret Service will not allow anything that is not a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 12:44 AM
    Would be so cool if salespeople just let potential customers buy their BlackBerry without being hassled. Just show a little bit of BlackBerry love, and live, and let live. Love my Z30!
    03-17-14 11:12 AM
    This negativity is EVERYWHERE.

There's a cell phone store/kiosk called Wireless Wave...went there a 2 weeks ago, as I sold my cousin my Z10, and we went to get a SIM card. We get to the Bramalea City Center mall and go to the Wireless Wave store. Before we stepped foot inside, I told him to tell the employee whoever was helping him that he was there for a new BlackBerry 10 device. Thank heavens the manager approached us, and my cousin went to work.

cousin: Hey! I'm just here to ask whether or not you folks carry the new BlackBerry phones.

Brian: Yes we do, but they're a load of sh1t, you'd like the S4 or the Note 3 a lot better.

cousin: Okay...BUT I DON'T want Android, can you bring a Z10 from out back for me?

Brian: You sure about that? BlackBerry won't be supporting their devices any more, just letting you know before you get in too deep. Plus the Note 3 and S4 are more secure than a BlackBerry on the Knox enterprise aspect of things. Plus you'll have a tonne more apps and games on the Note and S4 as opposed to BlackBerry.

****This is when I butted in*****

Me: Brian...that's false information, man. Android and malware go together like spaghetti and meatballs, Google it! I can bet you my testicles that BlackBerry is the MOST secure handheld, if on a BES arrangement. Oh! and look at this [show him Snap and other Android stores, plus downloading and using those apps and games in front of him]

Brian: Well they're out of business, so there's that. You won't get support for the new devices they have

Me: Cite your sources!

Brian: Here let's do a Google search. [he then said his system froze how convenient]

Me: Check this [shows him the real state of BlackBerry and John Chen as the new CEO on my Q10]

Brian: Well...You can't really do much with those except calls, emails and social media.

Me: Well, you're wrong here, sir [show him the Peter Misek report saying BlackBerry is NSA proof, and how we can load APK's and all that, meanwhile his employees all crowded around us]

Brian: Well, besides all those bells and whistles has this device done anything amazing for you? [Notices me replying to emails on my phone] You see, it's just good to be in touch, no entertainment value in that phone.

Me: It doesn't need gimmicks like Samsung advertises, and if I wanted an entertainment BlackBerry device, I'd get the Z30 or Z10, but I can't part ways with the BlackBerry physical keyboard.

this is when he tried to take a low blow

Brian: You're what 23? When I was your age I had my own business, I'm 26 now

Me: That's great! Did you want me to go to Metro and buy you a cake? And for the record I am 26 years of age presently. This is what my BlackBerry helped me achieve, I bet in 3 years of you being in business you'll never reach the heights that I've reached in 1 month, read this and weep [show him what I NETTED in the month of February, but because transportation is kinda f*cked up with 30 day terms for payment or longer, the cheque was at home waiting for me after we left the mall]

Brain: Holy sh1t! uhh...umm...I...I, sh1t, I have to take this call, sorry! [bolts from the store]

This one other employee, a younger guy said 'I didn't know this about BlackBerry, we can actually load APK's!?!?!? this changes everything!'

If you're interested in seeing what I showed him, as per what I netted. It is below, enjoy!

AT&T stores suck-img_20140204_160629_hdr.jpg
    xBURK likes this.
    03-17-14 12:14 PM
    C'mon now TgeekB...
    I've seen you here a long time with very informative, helpful, and intelligent posts.
    You're too smart to try to believe what your putting out now.
    I have more respect and faith in you than that. Your post history corroborates that...
    Want to know what's funnier? The fact that your previous several posts in this thread have nothing to do with the topic either.

And for the record - you are saying people order crap online all the time without touching it. That's fine. But if people do wander into a store and want try out a camera - the demo unit better work. Brick and mortar stores should be very conscious of customer needs since they are slowly becoming extinct. Not having a working demo cost them probably a few hundred bucks.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 12:55 PM
    This negativity is EVERYWHERE.

There's a cell phone store/kiosk called Wireless Wave...went there a 2 weeks ago, as I sold my cousin my Z10, and we went to get a SIM card. We get to the Bramalea City Center mall and go to the Wireless Wave store. Before we stepped foot inside, I told him to tell the employee whoever was helping him that he was there for a new BlackBerry 10 device. Thank heavens the manager approached us, and my cousin went to work.

cousin: Hey! I'm just here to ask whether or not you folks carry the new BlackBerry phones.

Brian: Yes we do, but they're a load of sh1t, you'd like the S4 or the Note 3 a lot better.

cousin: Okay...BUT I DON'T want Android, can you bring a Z10 from out back for me?

Brian: You sure about that? BlackBerry won't be supporting their devices any more, just letting you know before you get in too deep. Plus the Note 3 and S4 are more secure than a BlackBerry on the Knox enterprise aspect of things. Plus you'll have a tonne more apps and games on the Note and S4 as opposed to BlackBerry.

****This is when I butted in*****

Me: Brian...that's false information, man. Android and malware go together like spaghetti and meatballs, Google it! I can bet you my testicles that BlackBerry is the MOST secure handheld, if on a BES arrangement. Oh! and look at this [show him Snap and other Android stores, plus downloading and using those apps and games in front of him]

Brian: Well they're out of business, so there's that. You won't get support for the new devices they have

Me: Cite your sources!

Brian: Here let's do a Google search. [he then said his system froze how convenient]

Me: Check this [shows him the real state of BlackBerry and John Chen as the new CEO on my Q10]

Brian: Well...You can't really do much with those except calls, emails and social media.

Me: Well, you're wrong here, sir [show him the Peter Misek report saying BlackBerry is NSA proof, and how we can load APK's and all that, meanwhile his employees all crowded around us]

Brian: Well, besides all those bells and whistles has this device done anything amazing for you? [Notices me replying to emails on my phone] You see, it's just good to be in touch, no entertainment value in that phone.

Me: It doesn't need gimmicks like Samsung advertises, and if I wanted an entertainment BlackBerry device, I'd get the Z30 or Z10, but I can't part ways with the BlackBerry physical keyboard.

this is when he tried to take a low blow

Brian: You're what 23? When I was your age I had my own business, I'm 26 now

Me: That's great! Did you want me to go to Metro and buy you a cake? And for the record I am 26 years of age presently. This is what my BlackBerry helped me achieve, I bet in 3 years of you being in business you'll never reach the heights that I've reached in 1 month, read this and weep [show him what I NETTED in the month of February, but because transportation is kinda f*cked up with 30 day terms for payment or longer, the cheque was at home waiting for me after we left the mall]

Brain: Holy sh1t! uhh...umm...I...I, sh1t, I have to take this call, sorry! [bolts from the store]

This one other employee, a younger guy said 'I didn't know this about BlackBerry, we can actually load APK's!?!?!? this changes everything!'

If you're interested in seeing what I showed him, as per what I netted. It is below, enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140204_160629_hdr.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	255841
    Good for you. Sometimes people try to show off and that day he met you. Lol! Great story.

Posted via CB10
    deezy87 likes this.
    03-17-14 01:49 PM
    Want to know what's funnier? The fact that your previous several posts in this thread have nothing to do with the topic either.
    That's funnier.... But you know what's "funniest"? The post in question had nothing to do with Raino's post that he quoted at all. Raino would like a CSR to retrieve the device asked for, instead of being drowned out by the CSRs banter about other devices. The post in question was talking about leaving a store because he couldn't open a new unit. Do you understand that?!?! Also, can you please refer to these posts that you mention that did not cover the topic of this thread please instead of just making blind statements!!! If you cant, keep on truckin'!!!

What do you think the topic of this thread is?!?!

And for the record - you are saying people order crap online all the time without touching it. That's fine.
    Of course it's fine.... Because it's true.... So, why are you bringing that up again???
    But if people do wander into a store and want try out a camera - the demo unit better work. Brick and mortar stores should be very conscious of customer needs since they are slowly becoming extinct. Not having a working demo cost them probably a few hundred bucks.
    Before trying to come at me, get some reading comprehension skills. What was my reply about a brick & mortar store???? Do you even know or remember???
    Find it, then eat crow.

Finally, if you read the thread carefully, the member I was discussing this with later stated that, that was not even the true purpose of the original post I questioned.
    Guess you missed that as well.

Mind your business, because you look silly. Try actually really reading this thread.
    03-17-14 02:46 PM
    Wow.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-17-14 04:41 PM
    I have 4 lines and several other family members I'd convince to switch off...TMO may be well on the rise but they haven't reached anywhere near the AT&T/Verizon amount of customers. They still need to focus on not pissing the subscribers they have off, e.g. me and all BlackBerry users.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141 TMO US
    I'm not so sure. Clearly they pissed you off, yet you're still a customer, so it looks like it worked out for T-Mobile.

I bet these same people complain when their order is wrong in a restaurant though..............
    Or, do they just accept the plate that's put in front of them, even if they didn't ask for it???
    Amazing....
    Is there a non-food analogy out there? First we're comparing smartphone sales to iced tea and lemonade, now we're talking about plates of food at a restaurant.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-17-14 06:33 PM
    Once again I speak for myself and I believe most loyal BlackBerry consumers normally know more than sales rep because sales rep are only trying to push certain products.
    This is correct. People that go into stores asking for BBRY devices generally do know more than salespeople. BBRY isn't reaching the casual users anymore, so when someone goes into a carrier store asking for BBRY, they're already on-guard regarding the allegedly "negative" treatment at those stores. On some level such treatment is sefl-fulfilling, but it's also the response to several years of poor brand performance.
    privateeyes likes this.
    03-17-14 06:42 PM
    Is there a non-food analogy out there? First we're comparing smartphone sales to iced tea and lemonade, now we're talking about plates of food at a restaurant.
    LoL. Too funny! You're correct. I can see where you're coming from. But that's what first popped into my head.
    I guess it could go for pretty much anything that requires someone in the service industry to respect the wishes of their customers.
    Maybe I could have said...
    You like Nike Air Jordan sneakers, so you go into a FootLocker and ask to see the latest release. But, as you're sitting there with your mouth salivating to get the sneakers you want, the sales clerk comes back with a response of... "Why would you want Air Jordans? We have some great New Balance here or Reebok lines for you to choose from"...

Then you have to go through the whole thing about "That's not what I came here for! Can you please just get what I asked for?"

I don't know if that's any better, but maybe it's better than a food analogy. Too Instagram-ish....
    03-17-14 09:33 PM
    Gotta say this thread has made my day. Better than a soap opera for sure. Being a salesman is a sucky job. So sometimes your gonna get sucky service or outcomes. Deal with it. Or not, and keep adding this gem of a thread.

P.s. Oh and Brian rep story was priceless ;-D

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 04:03 PM
    I can explain for you.

Cell phone sales is an entry-level, low-paying sales job with a high rate of turnover, and is mostly young people. In any given store, chances are the average phone salesperson has only been on the job for 4-6 months. From a training perspective, what that means is that training must be constant and ongoing.
    That's a poor excuse for poor customer service especially from a company as "reputable" as AT&T. I've worked in retail for 10 years, 7 of which as a manager, so I know a little bit about the ridiculous high rate of turnover in retail. And in each of the companies I had worked for, the emphasis was on excellence in customer service. I think the training managers and supervisors are mostly to blame. It's as if there is no training in how to speak to a customer and managers clearly don't take the time to audit rep-client interactions. I suppose managers can't control every little stupid comment their reps make to customers. They could, however, be more diligent about it though.

I myself have had recent not-so-stellar experiences at my local AT&T retail store. One instance I wasn't even there to shop for a phone. I was buying a glass protective screen for my significant other and casually asked the rep helping us, as he was installing the protector, if I could see a Q10. He simply told me that they don't carry them in-store practically laughing/scoffing, ignored me and continued to speak to my boyfriend about his 5S and the release of the 6. You would think a rep would be a little more polite to the person paying for the sh*t! I almost expected him to say something bad about Blackberry, but he didn't.

Then after I had owned my Q10 a month later (which I had bought unlocked through Best Buy), I decided to pick up a clear screen protector at AT&T on the way home from school. Checked online to make sure the location had it. Of course, I get there and they don't have a single one. They did have a few for the Z10. I was annoyed but it was my fault for not calling ahead. The sales rep helping me didn't even offer to locate one at another store or the sort. So...I left and took my business elsewhere. I suppose having worked in retail for so long, esp my previous company who emphasized the best customer service, I expect effort from salespeople. I should lower my expectations, lol.

I thought it was just poor customer service at that location, but looks like others have had even worse experience with sales reps.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my LTE service with AT&T, but I prefer not to shop at their retail store.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 04:33 PM
    I'm at an at&t store as I type this getting my sons z10 taken off a prepay and adding it to our plan and just had the sales rep tell me blackberry is just about out of business. After seeing our blackberry phones. Is ok to punch him in the throat

Posted via CB10
    you could start an internet support group for BB lovers who have had their feelings dashed by crass store reps of carrier x (fill in the blank).
    03-20-14 04:39 PM
    Well, I can speak for myself and I know what I want because I know what works for me and do my research as much as possible before attempting to purchase a product. Before some sales person with their bias views gives me their negative opinion on the product I want starts putting it down I would expect them to at least be up to date and know before trying to sway me away from what I want or worse talking trash about only because they are a follower. See the thing is in the world you have Followers and Leaders I always chose to lead not follow. I go with what works for me. Many have abandoned BlackBerry but guess what not me it work for my needs. Like all platforms it may have it's flaws but tell me one that does not? Not all sales people might know about a specific product but someone in the store should and if they don't know anything about the product they (sales rep) should not start dictating on what works for the customer. More of a reason for the sales rep should not give negative input same for waiter in restaurant. It may be an acquired taste or it can be a preference thing or maybe customer is allergic at the end does not matter what waiter wants customers to have or recommends or sales person prefers to sell you it comes down to what consumer likes and enjoy's.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 08:52 PM
118 ... 345