Why should I have to "shop somewhere else" just because some salesperson cannot do the most basic of tasks--grab something from the back and bring it to me?
    I walked out of best buy today because a camera on display didn't work and they wouldn't open one for me. I don't expect them to bow down to me. I just went somewhere else and they lost a sale. No big deal.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-16-14 05:56 PM
    I walked out of best buy today because a camera on display didn't work and they wouldn't open one for me. I don't expect them to bow down to me. I just went somewhere else and they lost a sale. No big deal.
    Except you didn't have a vested interest in buying from Best Buy. With carriers, that's not necessarily true. You can have things like discounts/subsidies, choices of plans, best coverage, etc. at play.

How likely would you have been to not shop at Best Buy if, say, you had a $250 store gift card that you wanted to use on this camera purchase?
    03-16-14 06:02 PM
    Except you didn't have a vested interest in buying from Best Buy. With carriers, that's not necessarily true. You can have things like discounts/subsidies, choices of plans, best coverage, etc. at play.

How likely would you have been to not shop at Best Buy if, say, you had a $250 store gift card that you wanted to use on this camera purchase?
    I understand.

raino likes this.
    03-16-14 06:05 PM
    Which makes them just like any other retailer in any other business. Are you telling me you wouldn't do the same if you owned a carrier store? You'd push a poor-selling product over putting food on your family's table?

If you take your emotions out of it and look at it objectively, what the carriers are doing makes perfect sense from a retailer's perspective.

Okay okay fine, it's not personal, it's professional...

...except for T-Mobile, they crossed the line. And with no contracts, they're lucky I haven't left their sorry a55ses for what they pulled.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141 TMO US
    03-16-14 06:10 PM
    Okay okay fine, it's not personal, it's professional...

...except for T-Mobile, they crossed the line. And with no contracts, they're lucky I haven't left their sorry a55ses for what they pulled.

Very lucky.

03-16-14 06:11 PM
    Very lucky.

I have 4 lines and several other family members I'd convince to switch off...TMO may be well on the rise but they haven't reached anywhere near the AT&T/Verizon amount of customers. They still need to focus on not pissing the subscribers they have off, e.g. me and all BlackBerry users.

03-16-14 06:16 PM
    LoL! What??? This has nothing to do with the post you quoted....
    There is a big difference in "grab something from the back and bring it to you" and "I want you to open new stock for me so it can no longer be sold as such".
    If you choose not to purchase the product, it is now considered used. Do you buy products that have been opened already unless you're looking for an open-box discount?
    Maybe the best thing WAS for you to leave if that's what you're expecting....
    03-16-14 06:20 PM
    I have 4 lines and 4 other family members I'd convince to switch off.

Take your sarcasm elsewhere. TMO deserves Pandemonium.

They have many happy customers. I believe they'll survive. Nothing wrong with taking your money elsewhere though.

Posted via my awesome Nexus 5!
    03-16-14 06:21 PM
    LoL! What??? This has nothing to do with the post you quoted....
    There is a big difference in "grab something from the back and bring it to you" and "I want you to open new stock for me so it can no longer be sold as such".
    If you choose not to purchase the product, it is now considered used. Do you buy products that have been opened already unless you're looking for an open-box discount?
    Maybe the best thing WAS for you to leave if that's what you're expecting....
    Would you spend hundreds on a camera you cannot try? Not me.

03-16-14 06:22 PM
    They have many happy customers. I believe they'll survive. Nothing wrong with taking your money elsewhere though.

Which brand is next, though? You can't tell me it isn't at least a little bit concerning in terms of how TMO's leader will treat your brand if they deem it to be "not worthy of preserving".

I mean Samsung is the major money-maker of Android...one of those other manufacturers could some day wind up being the next Leger-slander target.

I hope suppliers start to think twice before doing business with TMO.

Besides, what did BlackBerry ever do WRONG? Sure, they did a lot not right, but what did they do WRONG to hurt YOU? Make a non-exciting legacy OS phone? Oh QQ poor you get over it. They're trying their best now with BlackBerry 10. Gosh, people treat BlackBerry (aka wishing they fail) as if BBRY was involved in world terrorism.

03-16-14 06:26 PM
    Would you spend hundreds on a camera you cannot try? Not me.
    Although I agree if within a brick & mortar store their display models do not operate, I would be hesitant.
    However, this makes no sense being that millions of customers purchase items online everyday without ever touching the product.
    I also would not expect a store to open brand new packaging for a purchase that may not happen.
    I would definitely charge you a restocking fee at the very least to cover the difference between a new unit and open box merchandise.

No comparison at all to the post you quoted.
    03-16-14 06:27 PM
    Which brand is next, though? You can't tell me it isn't at least a little bit concerning in terms of how TMO's leader will treat your brand if they deem it to be "not worthy of preserving".

I mean Samsung is the major money-maker of Android...one of those other manufacturers could some day wind up being the next Leger-slander target.

I hope suppliers start to think twice before doing business with TMO.

Besides, what did BlackBerry ever do WRONG? Sure, they did a lot not right, but what did they do WRONG to hurt YOU? Make a non-exciting legacy OS phone? Oh QQ poor you get over it. They're trying their best now with BlackBerry 10. Gosh, people treat BlackBerry (aka wishing they fail) as if BBRY was involved in world terrorism.

Blackberry sat by as their competition raced by them, that's what they did wrong. Now they find themselves in this position. Trust me, if they ever become popular again the carriers will welcome them back as long as they can profit. That's how business works.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 06:34 PM
    Although I agree if within a brick & mortar store their display models do not operate, I would be hesitant.
    However, this makes no sense being that millions of customers purchase items online everyday without ever touching the product.
    I also would not expect a store to open brand new packaging for a purchase that may not happen.
    I would definitely charge you a restocking fee at the very least to cover the difference between a new unit and open box merchandise.

No comparison at all to the post you quoted.
    I wasn't trying to compare anything, just making a point that you shop where you want. In this case, if on an AT&T contract, it makes it more difficult.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 06:36 PM
    I wasn't trying to compare anything, just making a point that you shop where you want. In this case, if on an AT&T contract, it makes it more difficult.
    -Sigh-
    Again.... This has nothing to do with the post you quoted....
    What did your post have to do with an employee retrieving the product that you are asking for to purchase without lip or a huff & puff??????????????
    Nothing. So the diversion I mentioned earlier in this thread applies here it seems.
    03-16-14 06:43 PM
    Funny....
    People always come back with the "What I really meant was"....
    But, these same intelligent people never think to state "What they really meant" in the first place.
    03-16-14 06:46 PM
    Funny....
    People always come back with the "What I really meant was"....
    But, these same intelligent people never think to state "What they really meant" in the first place.
    Funny....

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 06:49 PM
    Blackberry sat by as their competition raced by them, that's what they did wrong. Now they find themselves in this position. Trust me, if they ever become popular again the carriers will welcome them back as long as they can profit. That's how business works.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    They made many incorrect moves but it hurt only themselves.

People shouldn't hate on them like they did something to them personally.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 TMO US
    03-16-14 06:54 PM
    Funny....
    C'mon now TgeekB...
    I've seen you here a long time with very informative, helpful, and intelligent posts.
    You're too smart to try to believe what your putting out now.
    I have more respect and faith in you than that. Your post history corroborates that...
    03-16-14 06:55 PM

People shouldn't hate on them like they did something to them personally.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 TMO US
    I don't think people should hate on them. Many people voted with their wallets though.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 06:57 PM
    C'mon now TgeekB...
    I've seen you here a long time with very informative, helpful, and intelligent posts.
    You're too smart to try to believe what your putting out now.
    I have more respect and faith in you than that. Your post history corroborates that...
    Look, a minimum wage sales person at a carrier has the right to have an opinion. That opinion is swayed by sales numbers. If someone comes in asking about Blackberry then I have no problem with them mentioning other brands. If the customer is fixed on Blackberry, then sell a Blackberry. The reputation Blackberry has right now is not the salespersons fault. Its only human to not take them serious right now.

Businesses survive by sales. If I don't like a store, I take my money somewhere else. I guess I've just lived long enough that I don't take this stuff personal.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 07:06 PM
    No, they hurt the carriers too. Even Chen recently mentioned that he hopes to release a product in the future that the carriers can make a profit on again. If you can't figure out what that means, it means that even he is acknowledging that the carriers lost money on BB in the recent past (BB10 in particular). They lost money holding stock they couldn't sell for a long time, on phones they had to discount in order to sell, on all the requests for service they had to honor, and all of the returns/exchanges they had to provide. I can tell you as a former retailer myself, returns are a BIG money loser for the retailer. They also hurt the salesmen, as their commissions get charged back.

No one who has worked in sales/retailing would be surprised by how the carriers and salespeople are treating BB. Disappointed, maybe, but not surprised. BB has left the carriers virtually abandoned for a year already, with no marketing, no support, no training, no product launches (the Z30 launch in Malaysia certainly didn't count), and with a product that customers didn't want and/or returned in far greater numbers than any other brand. Until a week ago, anyone not on CrackBerry was still on 10.1, and that's more than a year after the launch of BB10! Not exactly the best experience, right? Especially when most of them knew nothing about converting/sideloading apps, and were left with nothing but what was available on BB World.

So, don't be in denial about how BB has hurt the carriers or the salespeople. Both have had to pay for a lot of BB's mistakes and poor execution. That sucks for BB (and everyone, really), but it's the truth.
    03-16-14 07:10 PM
    Look, a minimum wage sales person at a carrier has the right to have an opinion. That opinion is swayed by sales numbers. If someone comes in asking about Blackberry then I have no problem with them mentioning other brands. If the customer is fixed on Blackberry, then sell a Blackberry. The reputation Blackberry has right now is not the salespersons fault. Its only human to not take them serious right now.

Businesses survive by sales. If I don't like a store, I take my money somewhere else. I guess I've just lived long enough that I don't take this stuff personal.
    Well, I'm not into the creating excuses or a sub class of workers just because they earn minimum wage.
    Not sure what their earnings have to do with anythng.
    Everyone has the opportunity in America to remain where they are or better themselves financially with professionalism & hard work.
    I also am not party to having a customer service rep giving me opinions when it's not asked for.
    It's easy enough for me to say... What do you think or recommend?.......
    Company reputations have nothing to do with a person being the best at what they do, even if they dig ditches.
    Be the best professional you can be, or why exist?
    But, that's just me.
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    03-16-14 07:18 PM
    Well, I'm not into the creating excuses or a sub class of workers just because they earn minimum wage.
    Not sure what their earnings have to do with anythng.
    Everyone has the opportunity in America to remain where they are or better themselves financially with professionalism & hard work.
    I also am not party to having a customer service rep giving me opinions when it's not asked for.
    It's easy enough for me to say... What do you think or recommend?.......
    Company reputations have nothing to do with a person being the best at what they do, even if they dig ditches.
    Be the best professional you can be, or why exist?
    But, that's just me.
    You are in the minority my friend.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 07:25 PM
    You are in the minority my friend.
    Minority?
    Well, I don't subscribe to the excuses or doctrines of low expectations.
    When people see you don't expect better of them, that's exactly what they will offer.

Hasn't that been the swan song of most of the BlackBerry hate around here?
    If they're not held accountable by the fans, why would they consider doing any better?
    It's only OK to hold BlackBerry accountable... Not any carrier or CSR, or any other company in fact, correct?
    raino likes this.
    03-16-14 07:32 PM
    I bet these same people complain when their order is wrong in a restaurant though..............
    Or, do they just accept the plate that's put in front of them, even if they didn't ask for it???
    Amazing....
    03-16-14 07:35 PM
118 12345