AT&T sent me a free phone knowing my current BBQ10 will stop working at end of February running on 3G..They sent me a bottom-line Android...Anyway as of this day BBQ10 still working.....took it to AT&T store saying I'm lucky still going...they don't know anything bout my phone...took screen shot about my phone....AT&T sent me free phone-bb.jpg

can anyone tell what this phone capable of???

thanks
    03-06-22 06:44 PM
    AT&T sent me a free phone knowing my current BBQ10 will stop working at end of February running on 3G..They sent me a bottom-line Android...Anyway as of this day BBQ10 still working.....took it to AT&T store saying I'm lucky still going...they don't know anything bout my phone...took screen shot about my phone....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	451837

can anyone tell what this phone capable of???

thanks
    Nothing when 3G is shutoff in your area. The Q10 doesn't support VoLTE and even if was supported AT&T doesn't support the devices anyway.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-22 08:48 PM
    From that screenshot......My BBQ10 can operate on 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 17???? the apps I have are slowly shutting down....BB World doesn't even work..
    03-06-22 09:49 PM
    From that screenshot......My BBQ10 can operate on 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 17???? the apps I have are slowly shutting down....BB World doesn't even work..
    No you need 3g for voice calls but it's when they turn off the 3G which the previous poster mentioned
    At&t sent.you a notice of shutdown not when all of it is shutdown no one can say

Lte doesn't matter if your phone doesn't support volte once 3g is turned off
    Your Lte only supports data
    Where volte replaces your 3g calling
    If you want to be stuck without phone calls when they do shut it down in your area it's at your own risk since carriers do a staggered shutdown

They are only promising support upto that date
    Anything past well that's what your new phone is for

So you aren't caught in the dark when the switch is flipped

Are you sure you want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere and find out it no longer has 3g service in that area or At&t shuts it all down during an important business call

They are only promising you service till end of Feb that's it and sent you a device to use for your service you cant use a eol phone if it's cut off
    Not saying it's right now but don't be surprised when they do. Bbry already gave you that warning with the end of support in jan
    I'f you choose to use the q10 past the support period it's at your own risk
    Last edited by Hope123; 03-06-22 at 10:40 PM.
    03-06-22 10:02 PM
    I'm confused with your question then. Your bands support LTE for data just you have no 3G phone calls. The BlackBerry shutdown was separate issue from 3G shutdown just coincidentally at same time.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-07-22 08:55 AM
    Use your free phone to get used to the Android interface while you have a little time.

I had to go all in from Passport to Priv back in the day and it wasn't fun.
    boogywstew likes this.
    03-07-22 10:08 AM
    Just want to know when my BBQ10 will stop working????
    going call AT&T ask when if they know....
    03-07-22 12:37 PM
    Just want to know when my BBQ10 will stop working????
    going call AT&T ask when if they know....
    CSR likely doesn't have a complete schedule of every towers transition schedule...

You call them... they might make a point of kicking you off.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-07-22 01:07 PM