You might remember that hint earlier about picking up the BlackBerry 8820 from Amazon before it was fully unloaded on AT&T stores. Well, it looks like the device is nary to be found on Amazon’s catalog anymore. Did anyone manage to get their hands on one before it was pulled down? And what would prompt the retraction? Simply a stock issue? It couldn’t have been pressure from AT&T, considering they were getting a pretty sweet deal out of it all, unless of course AT&T is trying to capitalize on their own launch. Has anyone actually seen a BlackBerry 8820 in an AT&T store yet? SOURCE
    I personally refuse to guess any further on any speculation of WHEN the 8820 will be finally launched as their has been so many dates for this device that have come and gone that it almost seems to be a ''vapourware'' device at this point..since we are almost halfway through Sept..maybe August will be better month
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-14-07 at 01:10 AM.
    09-14-07 01:07 AM
    It may be October or November before AT&T launch the 8820. I am waiting to see if the 8820 is worth upgrading from my 8800, for now it seems that wifi and a upgraded media player is the big deal for this device. If that's it, I will keep what I have until they come out with another device in the 88xx series.
    Last edited by outlawglamour; 09-14-07 at 07:45 AM.
    09-14-07 07:41 AM
    Yup, we were off on this one! BoyGenius had warehousing info, we had a good tip on the relatively early September release date... then Amazon had it up on their site...looked promising that it was coming...then booom... nowhere to be seen. I wonder what the full story here is.
    09-14-07 08:49 AM
    New user here, in fact new forum and new blackberry user too. Is the 8820 a device that has shipped in the UK before the US, because I've spent the past two days setting them up with a new BES server here.

Having come over from a WM scenario it's refreshing to see a setup that just works! (Apart from small issues with the provider here suggesting we hard reset the devices every time we have a problem!)
    09-14-07 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD