Holy crap: The phone is $.01 right now, PLUS a $75 rebate. Unsure how long this is for...

Linkage to Amazon.
    06-16-08 10:54 PM
    For all you know they might be getting rid of their stock of curves to welcome the new bold! Another reason for excitement among those waiting for the bold I guess
    06-16-08 10:59 PM
    whaaaaaaat. is this legit? please post if you bought one!!
    06-16-08 11:13 PM
    The fine print...

Conditional $250 Discount
    The Price listed above for this phone includes an instant $250 discount from Amazon.com. You agree to repay this $250 discount to Amazon.com if, during the six-month period following the activation date or renewal date of your existing contract, you: (1) fail to pay your balance due each month on time; (2) fail to maintain your account in good standing; (3) disconnect the line of service; (4) transfer the phone to another line of service; (5) change your service rate plan, including canceling or removing required PDA, BlackBerry, or smartphone features after your product has shipped; or (6) use this line of service to replace an existing account with the carrier. The discount is available only if you are activating a new non-substitute line of service or extending an existing line of service. If you do not follow these rules, you authorize Amazon.com to charge your credit card $250 as reimbursement of the discount without need for further approval. Third-party resellers are prohibited from purchasing cell phones on behalf of customers. **Purchase limit five (5) cell phones per household.**

Nice. Why not just say "...if we feel like it...."?
    06-16-08 11:14 PM
    Wow that's a great deal!!! Anyone order from them with great/aweful feedback?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 11:26 PM
    Doesn't seem too bad to me. Pay your bills on time. And all you have to do is stay with the same service for 6 months. Last I checked new contracts are for 2 years.
    06-16-08 11:27 PM
    i got my curve from them 6 months ago for like 100. good deal
    06-16-08 11:38 PM
    Oh I wanna do it!! But don't think it's worth leaving verizon and the new curve... Ooohhh decisions!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 11:43 PM
    this is how i bought my berry last week!! $.01 plus free shipping. got mine in 2 days! now im just waiting on the rebate.
    06-17-08 08:56 PM
    I posted this in another thread as well... Amazon is the same as buying from any other authorized agent... (I know this to be true for Verizon and AT&T at least). The authorized agent gets a kickback based on the plan and data you sign up with. You sign up for a $60 a month plan with $30 data and the authorized agent is comped for their agreed upon commission. (They get a lot less for a $39.00 plan with no data). Sooooo.. if you sign up with a large plan with data and keep it for only a few weeks or months they charge back the authorized agent who in turn passes the "charge back" on to you. There are many authorized agents who take a copy of your credit card when you sign up and make you sign a contract with similar verbiage as what Amazon's is stating in regard to the phone discount. If you "up" your plan or your data there is no charge back. If you are going with an authorized agent... and are on the fence between two plans, please start out with the lower of the two to ensure that you won't be charged back.
    Something to note that is NOT Amazon.com related... if you get a phone through an authorized agent locally... do NOT expect the carrier to take care of you if a warranty issue arises. For example, the new Nokia you bought from Mom's Cell Phone Mart in the strip mall goes south... there is a greater than 50% chance Verizon/AT&T will not take care of you through they typical manner of swapping out phones. You will more than likely have to go back to Mom's Cell Phone Mart, get a ****ty loaner phone, wait for several weeks for your phone to be shipped to Nokia and a refurbed phone to be shipped back. Some authorized agents even charge YOU for a loaner phone in the mean time. While authorized agents can give you a better deal on a NEW contract cell phone price... sometimes it is not worth the hassle. (Internet phone sales' warranties are typically handled through the carrier as they do not have a retail location so therefore Verizon/AT&T take care of you by default).
    Also, the amazingly low prices on phones you see advertised by authorized agents are for a NEW two year agreement.. not an upgrade (does not matter if you renew for two years or not) because Verizon/AT&T do not give very large kickbacks for upgrades. Typically you can save upwards of $100 by upgrading a phone through a carrier and not an authorized agent (only Verizon offers the "New Every Two" program.. an authorized agent can not offer you this... although they will call the discount they give you "New Every Two.")
    Best way to do things:
    Start new service with whoever is offering the best deal on the phone you want (either carrier or online authorized agent)
    Upgrade with carrier... unless you can find an online authorized agent who can give you a lower upgrade price than the carrier offers.
    That is all kids.
    06-18-08 01:13 AM
    Holy crap: The phone is $.01 right now, PLUS a $75 rebate. Unsure how long this is for...

Linkage to Amazon.
    They have been doing this off and on for MONTHS. If it ever goes higher.. wait a week and it will be back down to -$75.00 I think this started back in January or before if I am not mistaken. Every so often they jack up the price a little for fun.
    06-18-08 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD