Source: BGR

Neither is confirmed at the moment, but weve heard that AT&T, starting Friday, will be offering 50% off any BlackBerry smartphone with new activation and minimum $30 monthly data package.

Separately weve been told Verizon Wireless will be offering up their infamous buy-one-get-one-free promotions for their Android handsets, the DROID and DROID Eris. Thats supposed to start December 4th as well.
    12-03-09 12:44 AM
    I guess no one cares.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 06:17 AM
    if it actually happens that is a really great deal
    12-03-09 06:42 AM
    I received an email from Newegg saying that all "AT&T Cell phones are free with new accounts". Of course, the iPhone is not there, but the Bold 9700 is.

Newegg.com Cell Phone Shop

here's a screen shot:
    Last edited by jlb21; 12-03-09 at 07:30 AM.
    12-03-09 07:27 AM
    I forgot NewEgg sells phones. I love them.
    12-03-09 09:40 AM
    I guess for thoroughness we should post the fine print.....as technically Newegg is just hosting the cellphone store for Simplexity. What these means ultimately, mey be not much, unless you have problems with the phone right off the bat.....

This site is owned and operated by Simplexity, LLC and not Newegg Inc. You hereby acknowledge that your purchase of products is from Simplexity, LLC and any subscription for services is from the identified carrier. You acknowledge that you are not purchasing such products or services from Newegg Inc, that Newegg Inc has no liability to you in regard to such products or services, and that Newegg is not responsible for resolving any issues regarding such. Any submission of information by you is governed by the privacy policy of Simplexity, LLC and not that of Newegg Inc.
    12-03-09 12:40 PM
    These great deals seem to always be for new accounts. You can get a great deal on any phone with any company if its a new acct. Big deal. How about trying to keep their current customers happy??

12-06-09 04:10 PM
    SAMS club wireless has the BB Tour for free (upgrades as well). Of course, it was sold out when I got there and no, you do not have to be a SAMS club member.

for Verizon Wireless..
    Last edited by jbachandouris; 12-08-09 at 04:34 PM. Reason: added info
    12-08-09 04:34 PM
    These great deals seem to always be for new accounts. You can get a great deal on any phone with any company if its a new acct. Big deal. How about trying to keep their current customers happy??

I agree with you totally. It seems that only new customers get the best deals all the time regardless of carrier. I would love to get a 9700 but I barely qualify for $30 off of the device right now since my contract is not up until 09/2010, which I think is BS. So my options are, get a 9700 at retail for $449 and break it down into four installments through TMO or pay the $449 up front. So I don't care about these offerings these carriers make since they don't benefit current customers whatsoever.
    12-08-09 04:48 PM
    I agree with you totally. It seems that only new customers get the best deals all the time regardless of carrier. I would love to get a 9700 but I barely qualify for $30 off of the device right now since my contract is not up until 09/2010, which I think is BS. So my options are, get a 9700 at retail for $449 and break it down into four installments through TMO or pay the $449 up front. So I don't care about these offerings these carriers make since they don't benefit current customers whatsoever.
    How is it BS? You signed the contract knowing what it entails, and when you originally signed the contract as a new customer, you probably got a deal as well.
    12-08-09 11:30 PM
    Its BS because they should give discounts to their current customers for a contract extension. What would be wrong with that??

12-08-09 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD