I went to a TMO store here in Hialeah, FL. The reps were confused whether the phone was going on sale the 26 or 27. So I told them it was the 26. The sales rep went back to get the phone and I started showing him how to use it and some of the cool things about the device. They did have the big screen with blackberry flow.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:04 AM
    I went into the store and the BlackBerry rep was there actively giving demos to people. I want to day his name was Mike. The employees weren't very knowledgeable and had their demo unit in a drawer. Their complaint was that they couldn't get it to stay off the demo screen long enough to really show people how it worked. They sold well though as I was the 10th buyer of the day. Overall a good experience.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:42 AM
    Two stories on two stores.

First one was right down town in Kansas City. I walked up to the dummy device and there is a sign says "Out of Stock" LOL, it is the first day of lunch and I was there at 9:30AM.

Anyhow, thing got worse as I went up and talked to the rep wanting to know what would happen with my current plan going to their new no contract plan. The guy was rude and totally ignoring me. He even pulled out his big Note phone and started to play with it. I had enough and told him to get some rest and that he was totally rude and unprofessional - then left. I did call the manager later as I know he usually comes in close to noon and filed a complain.

Second store, I did call first and got a hole of the store manager. All went to heaven from there. He put aside last two Z10 for me and did prep everything for me to make a switch to their new no contract plan once I am there. When I went there, there is no real banner or anything like that. But while I was waiting in line, a few reps showed the dummy Z10 to customers when they asked for new phone to replace their old. Of course, they mentioned about iPhone coming in April 12. I thought that was a great sign of TMO support to the new BB. When I was at the check out, the rep who helped me was always excited and was very helpful to get me going with my new Z10.

There you have it.
    missing_K-W and web99 like this.
    03-27-13 01:46 PM
    Two stories on two stores.

First one was right down town in Kansas City. I walked up to the dummy device and there is a sign says "Out of Stock" LOL, it is the first day of lunch and I was there at 9:30AM.

Anyhow, thing got worse as I went up and talked to the rep wanting to know what would happen with my current plan going to their new no contract plan. The guy was rude and totally ignoring me. He even pulled out his big Note phone and started to play with it. I had enough and told him to get some rest and that he was totally rude and unprofessional - then left. I did call the manager later as I know he usually comes in close to noon and filed a complain.

Second store, I did call first and got a hole of the store manager. All went to heaven from there. He put aside last two Z10 for me and did prep everything for me to make a switch to their new no contract plan once I am there. When I went there, there is no real banner or anything like that. But while I was waiting in line, a few reps showed the dummy Z10 to customers when they asked for new phone to replace their old. Of course, they mentioned about iPhone coming in April 12. I thought that was a great sign of TMO support to the new BB. When I was at the check out, the rep who helped me was always excited and was very helpful to get me going with my new Z10.

There you have it.
    Hi fellow Kansas Citier! Overland Park, here. Would you mind shring which stores you tried? My favorite stores around the area are the Town Center store, and surprisingly the kiosk over by Nordstrom at Oak Park (that's where I got mine). I've never had a bad experience at either location.

How are you enjoying LTE?? It's awesome downloading apps and have them completely installed within 10-15 seconds!!
    03-27-13 01:57 PM
    After work I went to the Boca Park store in Summerlin, on the west side of Vegas. The store was quiet and there were only a handful of customers in the store. I listened to a couple of conversations, but no mention of anyone wanting a Z10. The BB promo video was playing on a screen in the back. No banners or signage of any kind for BB besides that. There were two big tables for the Galaxy SIII and Note 2. A lady came in to say she bought her new Droid (don't know what model) the night before and it already locked up on her. I would've taken her aside to tell her about the Z10, but I was too busy playing with the display model. It was right next to a dummy unit of the Windows Phone.

I was able to play with the device for about 20-30 minutes or so while the rep I usually deal with helped another customer. It took me a bit to realize I had to swipe up to get out of the browser to the home screen, despite countless Z10 videos I've seen. Once I figured that out, I took a look at what CB looked like, watched a YouTube video (nice crystal-clear quality), checked out BB World, and sent a text to my Curve using the predictive keyboard. I was surprised the screen was bigger than I thought it would be, but it was just the right size. It was mounted to the display, so I couldn't pick it up, but needless to say, I was very impressed with all of it.

Once the rep was free he told me because of my credit I'd have to pay more than $99. I didn't have the funds available to get one right then and there, so I was disappointed. However, I said I'd be back next payday to get one. He said once I was ready he'd put one aside for me. He just found out this morning before they opened that corporate sent the store an email authorizing them to start selling the phone and the reps had no idea. They thought it would be released tomorrow. They only got seven in stock and only sold one so far. I asked him if they expected to sell out this week and he said he didn't know. He said they would be getting a fresh supply every week, so it should be available in a couple of weeks when I return.

The rep was very friendly and helpful and didn't try to steer me toward another phone. He never talked negatively about BB like other reps I've dealt with in the past. I'll definitely be back in a couple of weeks. I only wish more people knew about this innovative phone from the new and improved BB. I can't wait to show it off to everyone I know!

Attachment 144277

Attachment 144278

Attachment 144279

Attachment 144280

Attachment 144286

Attachment 144287

Attachment 144288
    Sorry you had to wait - :-( - but glad you got to play with it!:-)

#BB10Believe
    03-27-13 01:59 PM
    I went yesterday to inquire when they'd have the Z10 in. They said they had them now, and I could get one then if I wanted. Of course I was enthused at this news, and practically threw my wallet at them. I paid off the remaining EIP balance on my SGS3, and while we were doing that we were chatting about the Z10 and the woman that was helping me was very excited to be carrying it. Then it came time to ring up the phone...and it wouldn't go through. She called another store, and got confirmation that she couldn't sell me one until today. She was soooo apologetic and even offered me a free case for getting my hopes up! So I'm going back there today. They have one held for me. This location is only a kiosk at a mall (Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, KS), but I've gotten great service there before, especially from that particular woman. When I go back to pick it up, I'll see if they have any signage up. I'll also check the other T-Mo kiosk at the mall to see if they have anything up. I'll report back when I get my phone .
    not trying to thread jack but i have a friend who works at the AT&T kiosk in the same mall and hes using a z10 right now!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-27-13 03:08 PM
    Hi there :-)

The downtown one was the bad one yesterday, but usually other reps are good. I just met the wrong person.

I had great experiences at Metcalf close to Whole Food, and the one on 8600 Ward Pkwy, but the store I went yesterday on my way home is in Roeland Park. The manager and all his staffs are super nice and I highly recommend to anyone in KCMO or KCK areas.

Yeh, LTE at my office around downtown is strong and I felt like browsing and downloading via broadband internet. It is just that the coverage seems limited at the moment. At home in Prairie Village area, I usually get 4G or EDGE. I can't wait for Wifi calling as it will help with my battery when I am home.

Cheers

Hi fellow Kansas Citier! Overland Park, here. Would you mind shring which stores you tried? My favorite stores around the area are the Town Center store, and surprisingly the kiosk over by Nordstrom at Oak Park (that's where I got mine). I've never had a bad experience at either location.

How are you enjoying LTE?? It's awesome downloading apps and have them completely installed within 10-15 seconds!!
    03-27-13 04:29 PM
    The store I visited had a couple units. I bought one out right and activated it.
    One of the reps is a BlackBerry user. She is very excited about it
    I called three different stores and the employees all knew about it.

Post via CB10
    03-27-13 04:41 PM
    Sorry you had to wait - :-( - but glad you got to play with it!:-)

#BB10Believe
    Thanks! Yes, in a couple of weeks I'll be back to get my Z10! My friend is with AT&T, but she wants to wait till I get mine. I know she's definitely going to switch from her 9900 to a Z10. :-)
    03-27-13 06:49 PM
    I stopped by a store yesterday in Ashburn, VA. They had the ad on the big screen TV with peek/flow, but did not have a working floor model. When I went and asked they had a dummy model behind the counter. They only had 3 in stock and all were reserved by customers but not picked up yet. He said they were considered a low volume store and another store in the area had some to buy. However they did have "iPhone available April 12th" signs up all over the front of the store. I think that the Z10 is going to quickly be lost in the stores once the iPhone, HTC One, and SGS4 are available. BlackBerry's Q1 "no noise" theory would have worked if they had released in the US early Q1, but now it is going a lot of noise in just two weeks, and the carriers will give iPhone, HTC and Samsung much more support than BlackBerry!
    03-28-13 07:13 AM
    Well i have a day off and have a chance to test my new TMO Z10 speedy LTE. So far the coverage seems much better than expected. At home I actually get LTE though only 2-3 bar not 4G. However I in an area where I usually have limited signal. It is not the case as I am able to be on most of the time LTE and 4G. Me very happy as the speed is phenomenal.
    03-28-13 02:48 PM
    I am afraid to say that you may be right. We all BlackBerry addicts have to spread the love through words.

I stopped by a store yesterday in Ashburn, VA. They had the ad on the big screen TV with peek/flow, but did not have a working floor model. When I went and asked they had a dummy model behind the counter. They only had 3 in stock and all were reserved by customers but not picked up yet. He said they were considered a low volume store and another store in the area had some to buy. However they did have "iPhone available April 12th" signs up all over the front of the store. I think that the Z10 is going to quickly be lost in the stores once the iPhone, HTC One, and SGS4 are available. BlackBerry's Q1 "no noise" theory would have worked if they had released in the US early Q1, but now it is going a lot of noise in just two weeks, and the carriers will give iPhone, HTC and Samsung much more support than BlackBerry!
    03-28-13 02:50 PM
    Ok, I didn't go on launch day. I was planning to go on Friday, but couldn't wait so I picked up the Z10 tonight. I went into my local T-Mobile store, no banner, but there were signs and the demo was on display. It was behind the counter, but you did have access. The store only had 7 Z10 and I was the 4th person to pick it up. I playing with the Z10 and it is really, really, a GREAT phone. I am glad I got it.
    03-28-13 09:34 PM
    Dallas, TX experience: When into my local store. As I took a look around to see if there was any BB Z10 promo, Banners, in sight. NOPE. 2 Huge Displays for iPhone 5 stating "Coming April 12." Finally was approached by a female employee asked if I needed help, I asked if they had any Blackberry Z10's in stock. She replied "Yes we carry Blackberry." After I asked her to see the Z10 she replied "Which one is that?" She then went to another male coworker and asked if he knew what I was referring to, he in fact DID and simply stated "We're out of stock." When I asked when they will be expecting another shipment he simply replied "I dunno. You can check next week probably." After this, the lady who initially approached me was kind of to ask for my # and told me she would call me when the Z10's arrived, but not before slipping up again and saying: "So I'll call you as soon as the iPhone 5's come in." I asked for a Demo unit so that I can play with it, NOPE no Demos in stock either.
    This was my point that I made in another thread. Thorstein Heins can say over & over again until he's blue in the face that the US Carriers are supporting BBRY, but I would definitely argue otherwise. There wasn't a single Sign, Banner, Promo item showcasing the new Z10 in the entire store AND the Staff had no idea what I was talking about / Had no excitement regarding the new Phone.
    03-28-13 10:10 PM
    My Z10 T-Mobile experience in a NY store was horrible only because i was due 4 an upgrade and able to port over to their new value plan without a migration fee, but it wasnt noted properly in their system that i was due 4 an upgrade, so it was a big ordeal and they wanted to charge me 200.00 to port over and 300.00 down payment for the phone and for 60 bucks more, i can buy the phone outright, so it was beyond ridiculous. On the plus side, i ended up getting the device, and free high end ear phones because a rep from Research in Motion/Blackberry was there handing out free earphones, clocks, and speakers branded by RIMM for Z10 upgrades and new users. LOVE IT, but experience was horrible!
    03-29-13 09:44 AM
    Well, at the Oakpark mall in KCK, there is a TMO store on the second floor. The staffs are well trained and are very eagerly to talk about the new Z10. The store actually carries quite a few of Z10 and does have actual phone for you to play and try on :-)

This was yesterday so the staffs' attitude might not all be the same. But it is nice to see a store has an actual phone to try on.

Last but not least, there was a guy playing with the Z10 while I was snooping around checking out the accessories. I saw he has his iPhone 4S. I did give him my opinion what I like and not like about my new Z10. Before I left, he said, he is getting it - it's time to retire his iPhone 4S.

Cheers
    03-29-13 10:07 AM
    Just got the phone today. This store actually had the phone on display and had product. Actually had a BlackBerry section near the front of store. Didn't have any accessories out though. Very Happy with the Z10 so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:18 PM
    I received a text from the Z10 unit at the store this afternoon that said "this phone sucks". I forgot to erase my number from the phone when I sent a text to myself on Tuesday. I responded with, "Forgot to erase my number so haters like you don't text me." I probably should've said, "Well, you were smart enough to figure out how to use the predictive keyboard, so it obviously doesn't suck." At least people are trying it out, so that's a good thing! :-)
    03-30-13 03:34 PM
43 12