So I got a text message from T-Mobile saying it will now charge for icalling(?) and wifi calling. I have a BB 8330.

What should I do? Turn off the wifi? Is there a way to make sure the phone does not use my home wifi for calling and just browsing? I have read a few horror stories on horrendous bills.

Thanks
    02-14-10 09:09 PM
    So I got a text message from T-Mobile saying it will now charge for icalling(?) and wifi calling. I have a BB 8330.

What should I do? Turn off the wifi? Is there a way to make sure the phone does not use my home wifi for calling and just browsing? I have read a few horror stories on horrendous bills.

Thanks
    You may want to post this question in the T-Mobile Carriers Forum as you may get a better response.
    02-14-10 09:30 PM
    I don't believe the 8330 has Wifi, so it's not an issue. Regardless, calls made over Wifi get charge against your minutes anyway.
    02-15-10 07:04 AM

If you are on TMobile, you do not have the 8330. That device is a CDMA only device and TMobile is a GSM carrier.

Of the 83xx line, only the 8320 has WiFi.
    02-15-10 07:36 AM
    UMA calls are subtracted from your minutes unless you have unlimited minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 11:39 AM
    do you have a tmobile branded curve or one branded by some other carrier, or is it unbranded? Giving us the color may also help us distinguish it.
    02-15-10 10:50 PM

Thanks
    Was this the text Free T-Mobile Msg: T-Mobile charges for international dialing, including Wi-Fi calls. Please monitor your usage and visit T-Mobile.com for current rates. if so its regarding international calls

02-19-10 07:43 PM
    Everybody received that text, as far as I know. They're referring to a glitch that made it possible to make calls over wifi when you're out of the country. For example, when my daughter went to Canada a couple months ago, she was able to text and call any US number without any additional charge by accessing the hotel's wifi. I guess Tmo has figured out a way to stop that from happening.

02-19-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD