All of the silly headline-grabbing antics would sure make a lot more sense...

From a Z30
    04-03-14 11:31 PM
    Well, the T-Mobile part likely is. That's Legere's forte.
    sentimentGX4 and richardat like this.
    04-03-14 11:46 PM
    It has saved me a ton of money as a TMO customer who uses a z10 but also has kids moving back and forth between brands. Actually has saved me $350 in the last month.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:53 PM
    Yeah, I don't see how this T-Mobile-Blackberry social media feud is a publicity stunt for Blackberry.

I think before Blackberry cut relations with T-Mobile that this feud might have benefited the company (since no publicity is bad publicity); but, eliminating carrier relations does have a real negative impact on Blackberry's standing in the United States.

T-Mobile's part is likely a publicity stunt, though. I mean, it's been pulling all these unCarrier antics lately so a social media feud could be just another zany antic for them.
    richardat likes this.
    04-04-14 12:10 AM
    I'm wondering if there is any financial motivation for BlackBerry to end relationship with T-Mobile. If they see that relationship as a loss for the next few years it would explain BlackBerry's motives.

From a Z30
    04-04-14 10:34 AM
    Follow the money trail. John Chen is first a CEO, he has a board of directors, VPs, and executives to discuss on every matter. Ending their agreement contract with Tmobile has to do a lot with the money/profit and little to do with anything personal.
    This is not Chen vs Legere or BlackBerry vs Tmobile.
    Can you walk into a Tmobile store and walk out if a BlackBerry? Is BlackBerry prices offered by Tmobile competitive? Does it look to you like Tmobile is putting an effort to sell BlackBerry?

? CB10 ?
    04-04-14 11:25 AM
    Yeah, I don't see how this T-Mobile-Blackberry social media feud is a publicity stunt for Blackberry.

I think before Blackberry cut relations with T-Mobile that this feud might have benefited the company (since no publicity is bad publicity); but, eliminating carrier relations does have a real negative impact on Blackberry's standing in the United States.

T-Mobile's part is likely a publicity stunt, though. I mean, it's been pulling all these unCarrier antics lately so a social media feud could be just another zany antic for them.
    It was in their interest to cut BB anyways...might as well have fun, get some media, and play it up. Attention getting or not, losing carriers is the last thing BB needs out there right now.
    04-04-14 11:29 AM
    Follow the money trail. John Chen is first a CEO, he has a board of directors, VPs, and executives to discuss on every matter. Ending their agreement contract with Tmobile has to do a lot with the money/profit and little to do with anything personal.
    This is not Chen vs Legere or BlackBerry vs Tmobile.
    Can you walk into a Tmobile store and walk out if a BlackBerry? Is BlackBerry prices offered by Tmobile competitive? Does it look to you like Tmobile is putting an effort to sell BlackBerry?

? CB10 ?
    OK, those are all valid points but how does breaking a relationship with T-Mobile make BlackBerry money?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 02:48 PM
    OK, those are all valid points but how does breaking a relationship with T-Mobile make BlackBerry money?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry seems to be more interested in not losing as much money rather than making it. Gotta slow the bleeding first. So if the T-mo relationship was a net loss for BlackBerry, they would have motive in ending it.

From a Z30
    04-06-14 03:07 PM