Well when BlackBerry customers supposedly only account for 1% of Tmobile's customers, how does it really hurt tmobile?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone really believes it hurt T-Mobile. The point is that it didn't hurt BB since T-Mobile were not selling BB devices in store anyway, and for a while they didn't have them online either, so there was pretty much no way to get a BB10. So getting rid of T-Mobile meant going from 0 sales through them to 0 sales through them... To me, it's totally worth it just to not be associated with that clown...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-11-14 01:53 PM
    Lol ok I can agree with that ha.

I think it hurts BlackBerry more in the long run. Especially if John is to become the CEO of a merged Sprint/Tmobile. I hope by the time BlackBerry is really ready to enter the consumer space that both these men can put their differences aside and do business again

Posted via CB10
    You know, if BB downsizes their company to just be enterprise, as long as I can personally keep buying their devices, I really don't care if they are successful with the rest of the consumer market or not... But if they downsize their company to match their sales, they can be profitable at any volume pretty much.

06-11-14 01:55 PM
    You know, if BB downsizes their company to just be enterprise, as long as I can personally keep buying their devices, I really don't care if they are successful with the rest of the consumer market or not... But if they downsize their company to match their sales, they can be profitable at any volume pretty much.

I don't know which post to reply to first lol

Yeah I do agree that it doesn't really hurt BlackBerry now cause they were barely getting sales anyway. I think though it's easy for us to say that we are ok with them bypassing carriers since we can get the devices straight from BlackBerry. I'm perfectly fine with that option ad well but I do believe that eventually, BlackBerry is going to need the carriers. Especially once they attack the consumer space eventually down the road.

As far as the calling BlackBerry out part....Ummm I think I gotta slightly disagree there lol. I see where u coming from in the sense that there is no reason to now call out BlackBerry at this point for many people. It almost is the cool thing to do lol. But did he ever really call BlackBerry out? Certainly not in any kind of way like calling out Samsung or Apple on the hardware of the devices. Not that I can remember anyway. Most I saw him say was the add more customers a month than they have in BlackBerry customers and that was in defense of someone saying it would hurt tmobile more than BlackBerry or something like that. That's a truth though.

The whole debacle with Tmobile was unfortunate. I don't think they ever shouldve sent marketing specifically at BlackBerry users asking them to switch but at the end of the day, those users still had choice of whether to switch platforms or not. I never got the emails but even if I did, I wouldn't have switched

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 02:55 PM
    I don't know which post to reply to first lol

Yeah I do agree that it doesn't really hurt BlackBerry now cause they were barely getting sales anyway. I think though it's easy for us to say that we are ok with them bypassing carriers since we can get the devices straight from BlackBerry. I'm perfectly fine with that option ad well but I do believe that eventually, BlackBerry is going to need the carriers. Especially once they attack the consumer space eventually down the road.

As far as the calling BlackBerry out part....Ummm I think I gotta slightly disagree there lol. I see where u coming from in the sense that there is no reason to now call out BlackBerry at this point for many people. It almost is the cool thing to do lol. But did he ever really call BlackBerry out? Certainly not in any kind of way like calling out Samsung or Apple on the hardware of the devices. Not that I can remember anyway. Most I saw him say was the add more customers a month than they have in BlackBerry customers and that was in defense of someone saying it would hurt tmobile more than BlackBerry or something like that. That's a truth though.

The whole debacle with Tmobile was unfortunate. I don't think they ever shouldve sent marketing specifically at BlackBerry users asking them to switch but at the end of the day, those users still had choice of whether to switch platforms or not. I never got the emails but even if I did, I wouldn't have switched

Posted via CB10
    Again, that's what they wanted you to think. For the majority of the time during that promotion, BB10 devices were not available in store or online. So basically, to take advantage of the savings you HAD to switch. They finally offered the BB10 devices online in like the last few days of the promotion, then they advertised that 93% of people who took advantage of the promotion switched to a different platform. Um, you think? They had no other choice for most of the time and they didn't know if the option for BB10 devices would every appear... I'm fairly certain it was designed like that on purpose...

06-11-14 03:05 PM
    Again, that's what they wanted you to think. For the majority of the time during that promotion, BB10 devices were not available in store or online. So basically, to take advantage of the savings you HAD to switch. They finally offered the BB10 devices online in like the last few days of the promotion, then they advertised that 93% of people who took advantage of the promotion switched to a different platform. Um, you think? They had no other choice for most of the time and they didn't know if the option for BB10 devices would every appear... I'm fairly certain it was designed like that on purpose...

Well I mean yeah but u gotta think that those figures they gave don't necessarily mean anything. People could've traded in old curves worth absolutely nothing and gotten an incredible deal for a iPhone or whatever device they wanted. For many, I'm sure that was worth it. They didn't have to though. I got Curve 8300 and two 8900's that I could've used to get a new iPhone or galaxy that I could in turn sell to make even more money. I'm sure not everyone went that route though. I feel like most the people that did switch probably were going to anyway. End of the day though, they had choice in whether to take advantage of the offer or not and stay with the device they had

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 03:49 PM
    Well I mean yeah but u gotta think that those figures they gave don't necessarily mean anything. People could've traded in old curves worth absolutely nothing and gotten an incredible deal for a iPhone or whatever device they wanted. For many, I'm sure that was worth it. They didn't have to though. I got Curve 8300 and two 8900's that I could've used to get a new iPhone or galaxy that I could in turn sell to make even more money. I'm sure not everyone went that route though. I feel like most the people that did switch probably were going to anyway. End of the day though, they had choice in whether to take advantage of the offer or not and stay with the device they had

Posted via CB10
    I would have traded in my old Bold 9000 that I have sitting around for whatever I can sell for the most... The thing that ruined that deal was that you had to pay for at least one month of service. If it wasn't for that, I would have traded in my old phone to another platform too, but kept using my Q10 as my daily driver, lol.

Edit: But my point was that they intentionally designed it so that the majority would switch (because they had no choice since the BB10 devices were not available). Remember, this is the percentage OF THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE DEAL. So the people you are referring to who didn't switch and just kept using their old BB isn't counted at all in the percentage. I'm trying to say that out of the people who took advantage of the deal, most of them had no choice but to switch to a different platform because they intentionally made BB10 devices unavailable. Then they reported the 93% number before the promotion was even over. It was intentionally crafted just as an "in your face" to BlackBerry...

06-11-14 05:31 PM
    I would have traded in my old Bold 9000 that I have sitting around for whatever I can sell for the most... The thing that ruined that deal was that you had to pay for at least one month of service. If it wasn't for that, I would have traded in my old phone to another platform too, but kept using my Q10 as my daily driver, lol.

Edit: But my point was that they intentionally designed it so that the majority would switch (because they had no choice since the BB10 devices were not available). Remember, this is the percentage OF THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE DEAL. So the people you are referring to who didn't switch and just kept using their old BB isn't counted at all in the percentage. I'm trying to say that out of the people who took advantage of the deal, most of them had no choice but to switch to a different platform because they intentionally made BB10 devices unavailable. Then they reported the 93% number before the promotion was even over. It was intentionally crafted just as an "in your face" to BlackBerry...

Could've swore they had like refurbished device online but I could be wrong. Yeah I agree the 93% was bs cause they don't give any kind of additional info like the number of people that took advantage of it, nor the models that got traded in. I didn't like that part either but I guess I just don't hold a grudge against Tmobile like others do. Other people's opinions of BlackBerry, even when they are wrong, don't really effect me. I still visit BGR daily lol

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 09:44 PM
    Could've swore they had like refurbished device online but I could be wrong. Yeah I agree the 93% was bs cause they don't give any kind of additional info like the number of people that took advantage of it, nor the models that got traded in. I didn't like that part either but I guess I just don't hold a grudge against Tmobile like others do. Other people's opinions of BlackBerry, even when they are wrong, don't really effect me. I still visit BGR daily lol

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't care less about people's opinion about BB. If I cared about that I would have to boycott almost everything, lol. I care only that this CEO acts immature and does things I personally find very distasteful and unprofessional...

06-11-14 10:37 PM
58 123