So I went to the T-mobile store today because right now they have way better value plans than AT&T and Verizon. On AT&T and Verizon, even when you're finished paying the subsidy added to your bill, they continue to charge the full amount and do not subtract the subsidy (ie: $50 plan + $20 subsidy apparently forever, even when the cost of the phone is paid off). So my girlfriend and I are switching to T-mobile because once your phone is paid off they just charge you for the plan. And you can pay the phone off whenever you want within the 24 months. Anyway, I went into the store and talked to a rep about the Z10 and switching. The rep said "oh yeah we are getting it next month..I've seen it and its an incredible phone...not like the old Blackberrys" very excitedly. However, then he proceeded with "Samsung has really good deals this week" with no excitement, almost as if he had to but did not want or cared to say. I told him no thanks I will wait for the Z10 next month. And he replied excitedly again" yeah we will definitely have it next month and there will be tons of advertisements all over when it does". I almost felt like he knew a lot more than he was telling me (holding back) and that they just had finish getting rid of the Samsung phone before launching the Z10. Side note: he said he has been selling phones for 22 years. Anyway, his excitement made me even more excited...ahhhh let it be march already =)
    02-23-13 02:57 PM
    I'm glad you got excited.

I do feel like these threads reporting on individual clerks at retail stores is getting a bit over-the-top, but, admittedly, that is only my judgment. The clerks should be flattered, they are anonymous celebrities here!

Sorry, Bsavvy, I'm not trying to single out your post....there have been numerous "clerk here was ______" threads, so your thread is perfectly legitimate in comparison!

I do appreciate some retail people who post here, who sometimes have posted interesting info, or their experiences. As to the reports on these chance encounters...perhaps we can assign them all code names, and say things like: saw Col. Mustard from Rogers at the food court, he is still down on Q10 and Anacott steel.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-23-13 03:39 PM
    Yep. I'm going from Verizon to T-Mobile for the same reason. I'm tired of subsidizing other people when I'm buying outright.
    02-23-13 03:55 PM
    I'm glad you got excited.

I do feel like these threads reporting on individual clerks at retail stores is getting a bit over-the-top, but, admittedly, that is only my judgment. The clerks should be flattered, they are anonymous celebrities here!

Sorry, Bsavvy, I'm not trying to single out your post....there have been numerous "clerk here was ______" threads, so your thread is perfectly legitimate in comparison!

I do appreciate some retail people who post here, who sometimes have posted interesting info, or their experiences. As to the reports on these chance encounters...perhaps we can assign them all code names, and say things like: saw Col. Mustard from Rogers at the food court, he is still down on Q10 and Anacott steel.
    Oops, my bad.. I did not know there were so many threads on this topic =0 I just thought it was a positive experience, especially after reading so many negative articles and comments lately. But, thanks for letting me know, I will have to scan the forums better. #imanewbie.
    richardat likes this.
    02-23-13 04:06 PM
    Yes T-Mobile looks like way to with great plans.
    02-23-13 04:06 PM
    Oops, my bad.. I did not know there were so many threads on this topic =0 I just thought it was a positive experience, especially after reading so many negative articles and comments lately. But, thanks for letting me know, I will have to scan the forums better. #imanewbie.
    Hey, fair enough. I wasn't saying you have no right to post this, or even that you shouldn't post....the latter is a judgment call as I said. In addition, a lot of the posts have been "clerk was ignorant/dissing BB!", so in that sense, your post provides more balance the other way. I just think personally, the forum is giving way too much attention to what some guy at a store thought/said!

That's why I wanted to make it clear, I'm not at issue with your specific post....just think people - especially the ones outraged because the store clerk differed in view from them - need to not worry about one store rep so much. Some will know a lot, some won't know too much, some will like a particular brand and some won't, some will be relatively objective and some won't....the truth is...most won't care about an brand nearly as much as the people on this forum, but in any case, it won't take long for anyone to find some store sales rep who knows less, or differs in opinion from them! Oh well! :-) I don't even blame the store reps...they're just trying to do their job, and I wouldn't expect them to know as much, especially about what is now a smaller brand, than those who regularly peruse a sight like CB!! They have to follow all the lines, from the perspective of their retailer, and at the end of the day, probably most don't want to go home and read all the fanboy sites for each phone....they probably never want to see another phone again! ;-)
    02-23-13 04:30 PM
    Been thinking of Tmo myself. I hope they get the Q10 though or Ill be forced to stay with Sprint.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    02-23-13 04:33 PM
    Been thinking of Tmo myself. I hope they get the Q10 though or Ill be forced to stay with Sprint.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    They most likely will, TMO has always been supportive of our northern brethren.
    02-23-13 04:36 PM
    Sales generally operates under the rubric of, 'right here right now'....
    ...You and the sales rep are together and the product they have NOW is what they want to sell you.
    ...It's nice to hear that the Rep was positive about RIM!
    02-23-13 05:38 PM
    Just got off the phone with Tmo earlier today and it seams like the new value plans are gonna be very interesting. . .and while the young lady I was talking to didn't seem very excited she did say that a lot of people have been calling in and asking about the Z10. . .let just say my new rate plan has already been set up in anticipation of the phone!
    02-23-13 06:09 PM
    I've been a T-Mobile customer since I first got a mobile phone, 10 years counting now. They to me have the cheapest plans and by far the best customer service. A lot of my friends who are with Verizon, ATT, or Sprint all complain that all the plans offered are always more than they need while also being ridiculously overpriced. They all agree that the only reason why they are with said carriers is due to the fact that the phone selection with T-Mobile are not very good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-23-13 07:42 PM
    I will never understand why people think tmobile doesn't have good phone choices.

They have always carried top of the line Androids, just at times a little later to the party, que in s3 or a little watered down HTC One S. Besides that they have been on par for the course.

They also have always carried about every blackberry there is and will probably be 1st to sell the Z10 in the States.

And will have the HTC One right out the gate as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    02-23-13 10:32 PM