I was looking around some other sites I came across someone saying that T-Mobile is coming up with something big. It is codenamed "Project Black" and said to be taking them out of the US carrier 4th place spot and that it should hit by the end of October.
    Has anyone else heard anything else about this?
    10-08-09 07:57 AM
    Just searched google after reading this post. Whatever it is I hope its good, I hope its free, I hope its soon .
    10-08-09 08:05 AM
    ......It is codenamed "Project Black" and said to be taking them out of the US carrier 4th place spot......

I wonder if it will move them up or down....
    10-08-09 11:22 AM
    I wonder if it will move them up or down....
    That's cruel... but funny.
    10-08-09 12:34 PM
    I doubt it. A product alone, unless it is completely revolutionary, is not going to move them out of #4. They would have to change their business model and strategic planning to make something that big happen. Just my two cents.
    10-08-09 01:29 PM
    Maybe it is about acquiring/merging with another carrier, to increase TMo's customer base, then they'll launch all the hot new phones we're waiting for.
    10-08-09 01:36 PM
    ya something is cooking
    10-08-09 01:52 PM
    They can start by giving me better coverage than 2 bars of GPRS
    10-08-09 04:50 PM
    I think its either 4G or them buying sprint.
    10-08-09 06:05 PM
    anyone know if its all employees that are being trained or just certain employees?
    10-08-09 06:30 PM
    I have also heard about them buying out Sprint, we'll have to wait and see...
    10-09-09 10:32 PM
    I hope this launches as a $50 unlimited everything plan
    I sell t-mobile for a living and this would be the sh!t!

I currently personally subscribe to T-mobile and pay $100 a month for my unlimited line

theres another competitor t-mobile should worry about aswell, its called Pageplus

they have unlimited talk/text for $40 a month along with 20MB of data.

I got an email from the pageplus reps saying it will go totally unlimited for 40 soon
    10-09-09 11:12 PM
    Well the whole sprint/nextel with T-Mobile would be good to get walkie talkie service on T-Mobile or it could be about the Onyx!

Who knows...

Cheers,
    Charlie
    10-09-09 11:35 PM
    You know a carrier�s up to something big when they ask their employees to sign NDAs about it. It�s been dubbed �Project Black� and apparently is supposed to be this big mysterious �game-changer� that will give a serious Mobile Makeover to the ol� no. 4.

Indeed, as usually happens, not everyone honored that NDA. The project is actually Project Dark, and involves the release of 3 new legendary devices that will rock the world and rapid expansion of T-Mobile�s 3G network to 21 Mbps.

The devices are the Blackberry 9700 (Onyx or Bold 2) and 2 Nokia N-series devices� one being the N900 and then something else in addition (N97 Mini perhaps?)

The other big news is that T-Mobile is rumored to have a $50 unlimited everything (voice, SMS, MMS, data) plan, which would knock the socks off anything else that is currently offered by any other carrier.

That�s not too shabby. We just wonder � did they really have to sign NDAs for that? It seems a bit over the top.
    Seems the NDA's aren't always adhered to.
    What Exactly is T-Mobile�s Mysterious �Project Black�? � Unwired View
    10-09-09 11:40 PM
    I hope this is true. I'd bet my GF's family would switch over to t-mobile once we get 3g in the area and probably all pick up berries or at least smart phones
    10-10-09 01:05 AM
    It would be interesting to see what happens. The race for cell company superiority is great for consumers!
    10-10-09 05:46 AM
    According to BGR, I got three things out of it.
    1) A rapid network expansion / upgrade. (21 Mbps HSPA)
    2) A $50 unlimited voice, SMS, MMS, & data plan.
    3) A new line of 3G handsets including the new 3G BlackBerry.

I had a conversation with a T-Mobile rep a couple of weeks ago and he was telling me about the excitement and buzz within T-Mobile regarding the HSPA. He said that it was coming very soon and will put some of the other 3G networks to shame...we will just have to wait and see.
    10-10-09 11:46 AM
    Man I really need to find me a contact within tmo that will divulge some information!
    10-12-09 08:40 AM
    Oh, the speculation... The suspense is killing me.
    10-13-09 11:33 AM
    theres another competitor t-mobile should worry about aswell, its called Pageplus
    PagePlus offers excellent coverage and, like all the pre-paid that I know of, NO BIS/BES making it pretty useless for BB users.
    10-13-09 12:12 PM
    My friend at TMO said the $50 unlimited won't be for new customers though. That sucks since I'll be switching
    10-13-09 01:46 PM
    Just talked to a t-mobile employee who said that pricing should be going down, and this should all be happening soon. Like Monday soon.
    10-13-09 11:58 PM
    Maybe it refers to them dropping their servers so all the screens go black. Jk just heard bout all the sidekicks gettin blanked this week. Way to go tmo. Must be really focusing on gettin new customers to let existing ones get shiv on. :-D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 12:20 AM
    Maybe it refers to them dropping their servers so all the screens go black. Jk just heard bout all the sidekicks gettin blanked this week. Way to go tmo. Must be really focusing on gettin new customers to let existing ones get shiv on. :-D

Posted from my balls

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 12:21 AM
    exciting ... lets see if anything pans out
    10-14-09 04:20 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD