Since I'm apparently going to lose my unlimited data plan with VZ, I'm thinking of switching to T-Mobile. Especially if they have the Z10 first. Can anyone offer some comments on coverage compared to VZ???
    02-08-13 12:23 PM
    Since I'm apparently going to lose my unlimited data plan with VZ, I'm thinking of switching to T-Mobile. Especially if they have the Z10 first. Can anyone offer some comments on coverage compared to VZ???
    You'll be fine if a) you live in a city, b) live near WiFi 24/7, c) don't travel to the middle of Wyoming, PA, Colorado, etc.
    kbz1960 and jelp2 like this.
    02-08-13 01:23 PM

VZW is primarily 4G-LTE, where T-Mobile is 4G (the language used in each carrier's commercials is meant to deceive the uninformed)

There is a difference, and it can be significant as it relates to speed.

While I'm not one to trust all the information on Wiki, here is a link to a table breaking it down per cell technology used

4G Data Rate Comparison
    jelp2 likes this.
    02-08-13 01:27 PM
    VZW is primarily 4G-LTE, where T-Mobile is 4G (the language used in each carrier's commercials is meant to deceive the uninformed)

While I'm not one to trust all the information on Wiki, here is a link to a table breaking it down per cell technology used

4G Data Rate Comparison
    TMO is getting LTE.
    02-08-13 02:00 PM
    TMO is getting LTE.

True, everyone is getting LTE.... But that doesn't mean that they flip a switch, and the T-Mo nation is LTE.

VZW is running (or should I say leasing) fiber to their towers for the extra bandwidth, and has been doing so for a few years now.

Both Sprint and AT&T have LTE as well, but not their entire networks (or VZW for that matter)
    02-08-13 02:54 PM
    02-08-13 03:29 PM

4G Data Rate Comparison
    T-Mobile is getting ready to deploy LTE Advanced release 10, and it should smoke Verizon's version of LTE. March 27th appears to be the LTE launch. Also, T-Mobile 3G HSPA+ network smokes Verizon's 3G CDMA in both speed, and the ability to do simultaneous voice/data.
    02-08-13 03:34 PM
    T-Mobile is getting ready to deploy LTE Advanced release 10, and it should smoke Verizon's version of LTE. March 27th appears to be the LTE launch. Also, T-Mobile 3G HSPA+ network smokes Verizon's 3G CDMA in both speed, and the ability to do simultaneous voice/data.

Score one for a free market.... the race continues....
    02-08-13 03:45 PM
    Yeah! I have already signed up for the pre-notification on T-mobile. I am hoping it is released the first part of March. I cannot wait for the Z10 any longer, I want it now. I just have to decide if I want it in white or black.
    If your going to get it on TMO they will only have Black. White is exclusive to VZN
    Tmo originally said 3/27 while AT&T and VZW et al indicated mid March. So T-MO in my opinion is just tryiny to not get smoked by the big boys.
    I have been very few places in the US where VZN signal is null. I think they have the largest coverage. Yes even the middle of Wyoming!

My 2 Cents
    02-08-13 04:00 PM

4G Data Rate Comparison
    To be honest, I'm content with the 3g and wifi on my torch right now. I've never tried an 4g or 4g LTE device, so I dont know what I'm missing I suppose. Knowing LTE is fast it has to be a data eater and losing compression bothers me, especially with VZ, they'll try to charge you if you look at them funny! It looks like T-Moble doesn't charge you if you go over your data, but they do slow it down. I just have no idea how much data the Z10 will use without compression.
    02-08-13 06:20 PM
    If your going to get it on TMO they will only have Black. White is exclusive to VZN
    Tmo originally said 3/27 while AT&T and VZW et al indicated mid March. So T-MO in my opinion is just tryiny to not get smoked by the big boys.
    I have been very few places in the US where VZN signal is null. I think they have the largest coverage. Yes even the middle of Wyoming!

My 2 Cents
    They got NO service in my part of Oklahoma. They are the only ones who are NOT present here.
    02-08-13 10:37 PM
    Well I wanna know who is gonna release the blackberry 10 here in the us first

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    02-08-13 10:49 PM
    Sounds like they are all now trying to be the first one out with them. BTW Tmobile sucks around here, IL, also as soon as you get out of the city or off of an interstate you have nothing but a brick.
    02-08-13 10:55 PM
    T-Mobile sucks here also. Imagine their "Internet" her still sports GPRS! Unbelievable!
    And they are selling Smartphones here...what for???
    02-08-13 11:04 PM
    and this is why capitalism works. Companies compete- consumers win. Go T-Mobile! Hopefully they force other carriers to do the same.

Imagine a race to be first in the U.S.
    SixStringMadness and bigbmc26 like this.
    02-09-13 12:29 AM
    So I bought a couple of 6 packs and bribed a buddy of mine at T-Mobile... He told me that the Z10 release date is March 27th... anyone can confirm this?
    02-09-13 02:15 AM
    So I bought a couple of 6 packs and bribed a buddy of mine at T-Mobile... He told me that the Z10 release date is March 27th... anyone can confirm this?
    Originally yes, the leaks were showing 3/27. But with this announcement who knows.. It could be much earlier.
    02-10-13 10:45 AM
    I'm so pumped for this phone! I'm actually happy we are waiting in the US, since by the time the phone gets here all of the apps will be here and the bugs will be weeded out.
    02-10-13 02:43 PM
    As long as that LTE works with the 1700MHz that my Canadian Z10 has, then we're all good. I'm waiting for the postman as I speak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-22-13 08:24 AM
    As long as that LTE works with the 1700MHz that my Canadian Z10 has, then we're all good. I'm waiting for the postman as I speak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    T-Mo shouod be releasing the RFK121 variant of the Z10.
    02-22-13 08:30 AM
    You'll be fine if a) you live in a city, b) live near WiFi 24/7, c) don't travel to the middle of Wyoming, PA, Colorado, etc.
    This is exactly right as I live in the middle of NE PA and coverage is spotty and mostly Edge. However I work in Paterson NJ and Westchester NY and there the HSPA+ coverage is great!
    02-22-13 08:32 AM
46 12