So I recently bought an 8820 to replace my aging 8320, I bought it off craigslist in an attempt to avoid the contract agreement. So naturally I had to call T-mobile to get the service books sent over.. In the time being I asked the rep about possible BB's coming down the line.. he assured me that T-mobile will be offering a touchscreen berry in the 4Th Qr of this year....He said in the manifest that the code name will be called Thunder, and that in fact Verizon's possible Atlas is the hybrid touch/keyboard berry...And "Odin" will remain for Verizon's Second Storm and "Thunder" will be T-Mobile's offering. I know this sounds like just a rumor although this guy has been accurate in the past with T-Mobile's offering...

So there you go guys!!

T-Mobile is picking up the pace in better phone availability...At&t is holding on to their iphone...and forgetting the other "huge" MARKET AVAILABLE....
    07-28-09 06:26 PM
    i like turtles
    07-28-09 09:20 PM
    Ya turtles whoop whoop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 10:04 PM
    i wish buajajaja
    07-28-09 10:04 PM
    Thunder = Internal Code Name for the 9500/9530
    07-28-09 10:06 PM
    SOunds sweet. K this is the first I hear the name Atlas, so now I gotta add another name to my memory lol.
    07-28-09 11:27 PM
    This is like,... so new and so reliable... thank you for sharing, this we've never heard!!! lol
    07-29-09 12:44 AM
    whistle tips go WOOO WOOOO
    07-29-09 08:14 AM
    Seeing that the Thunder name appeared on Verizon's system recently, it makes me wonder if there really is a "THunder" device coming out soon. That would tie in with the OP.
    07-29-09 08:35 AM
    ugh i wish stupid RIM would just let us know and stop messing with our emotions!!!!
    07-29-09 08:53 AM
    Just to let you know, you shouldn't always believe what a carrier rep (especially T-Mo) says just because they work for that carrier. More than half the time, a lot of us here on CB are much more informed than carrier reps. Personally, I don't see T-Mobile getting the next new "big" BB before other carriers, but that's just me. Or maybe I just want AT&T to get it.
    07-29-09 08:59 AM
    See thats wierd, cause usually you talk to representatives and they say "I have no infromation right now about this" and you got a person telling you everything? Sounds iffy...
    07-29-09 10:10 AM
    Wow, thanks for the update that's interesting. I love hearing about what's coming out next!
    07-29-09 11:41 AM
    whistle tips go WOOO WOOOO
    Lmao really I remember that vid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:55 AM
    love to see this happen
    07-29-09 06:20 PM
    ok I have read rumors about tmo and att getting the Storm 2/thunder. if this is true great but I am hopeful that some of this is true.
    07-31-09 09:07 AM
    I really wouldn't take anything a rep says at face value. They're generally mal informed.
    07-31-09 11:29 PM
    Dudeeeee! This would make my life with T-Mobile most harmonious. I don't care what anyone says, I love T-Mobile. Yes, granted, internet service is slower, and the signal is not always the greatest. I have been with the big 3, Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint, even Alltel, and by far I think T-Mobile has the best customer service and pricing across the board.
    And now a touchscreen BlackBerry? Today I have fulfilled my destiny. :P
    08-02-09 07:50 PM
    Just to let you know, you shouldn't always believe what a carrier rep (especially T-Mo) says just because they work for that carrier. More than half the time, a lot of us here on CB are much more informed than carrier reps. Personally, I don't see T-Mobile getting the next new "big" BB before other carriers, but that's just me. Or maybe I just want AT&T to get it.
    So true. I overheard a carrier rep in one of their stores earlier today telling a customer about that the 8900 OS was from Microsoft, and that Verizon sells the Bold.
    08-02-09 10:59 PM
    i hope ill have a 8820
    08-04-09 08:31 PM
    lies. storm 2 coming to verizon.
    and i thought thunder was the original name for storm. plus doesnt the thunder come before the storm lol.
    08-07-09 11:50 PM
    So I recently bought an 8820 to replace my aging 8320, I bought it off craigslist in an attempt to avoid the contract agreement. So naturally I had to call T-mobile to get the service books sent over.. In the time being I asked the rep about possible BB's coming down the line.. he assured me that T-mobile will be offering a touchscreen berry in the 4Th Qr of this year....He said in the manifest that the code name will be called Thunder, and that in fact Verizon's possible Atlas is the hybrid touch/keyboard berry...And "Odin" will remain for Verizon's Second Storm and "Thunder" will be T-Mobile's offering. I know this sounds like just a rumor although this guy has been accurate in the past with T-Mobile's offering...

So there you go guys!!

T-Mobile is picking up the pace in better phone availability...At&t is holding on to their iphone...and forgetting the other "huge" MARKET AVAILABLE....
    Thank you for the share! This would be interesting to see.
    08-07-09 11:57 PM
    HAHA!!! people believe reps?@?
    seriously im sure they would tell you the next BB will look like an iphone and these forums will be flooded with "OMg The BB will be the Ifonezzz!?

hahahah
    08-08-09 01:34 AM
    i like turtles
    I say GADZOOKS!
    08-08-09 11:58 AM
    That would be awsome, i do not care who sells the odin, thats a must have for this bb newbie lol xD thanks david for the info
    08-08-09 01:28 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD