Hello everyone, my first post here. Please feel free to smack me if I don't do it right...

I currently have T-mobile service with the unlimited sms/mms/IM and data plan, on one of Samsung's small qwerty phones.

I'd like to get something that's not a toy, so I'm considering the 8320.

My question: As far as I can tell, I can simply pop my SIM into the 8320 and have it work - sms/mms/IM functions as well as browsing on the phone itself will operate normally. I understand that anything that uses a Blackberry-specific service will not work. Is this correct?

The reason I ask - I've seen this question answered various ways for other carriers, but not for T-mobile. I've also seen where people say that various functions (like MMS) don't work unless you have the Blackberry plan.

Or, since voice is useless for me, would it be better to get the Blackberry plan, add the unlimited sms/mms/im plan, and pay the extra $5 or so?

Thanks!
    05-29-09 05:19 PM
    Hello everyone, my first post here. Please feel free to smack me if I don't do it right...

I currently have T-mobile service with the unlimited sms/mms/IM and data plan, on one of Samsung's small qwerty phones.

I'd like to get something that's not a toy, so I'm considering the 8320.

My question: As far as I can tell, I can simply pop my SIM into the 8320 and have it work - sms/mms/IM functions as well as browsing on the phone itself will operate normally. I understand that anything that uses a Blackberry-specific service will not work. Is this correct?

The reason I ask - I've seen this question answered various ways for other carriers, but not for T-mobile. I've also seen where people say that various functions (like MMS) don't work unless you have the Blackberry plan.

Or, since voice is useless for me, would it be better to get the Blackberry plan, add the unlimited sms/mms/im plan, and pay the extra $5 or so?

Thanks!
    it is to my understanding that you need the blackberry data plan to use mms/email/bbm...i would get the berry and the data plan
    05-29-09 05:24 PM
    You need a BB data plan, once everything is switched it goes flawlessly! cost is about the same.
    05-30-09 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD