If you're not due 4 an upgrade, you're pretty much screwed. The T-Mobile retail stores don't really assist with classic customers unless ur having handset issues. No upgrades or anything.
    03-27-13 09:40 AM
    Well, if you really want to pay or continue paying $20/mo per month, why don't you just get it from a retail store or 3rd party? Costco still offers upgrades.
    Now, if your plan is already cheaper (not sure what you have) or if you really want to keep your plan, just upgrade at an authorized retailer, then call T-Mobile back and tell them you want to remain in your old plan, AT&T allows this, I am sure T-Mo will, too. You may want to chat with T-Mo and keep the e-mail for record.

What kind of plan do you have that you must upgrade and add 2 more years?
    03-27-13 10:21 AM
    You'll need to go to Coscto, or BestBuy, or some third party retailer that sales T-Mo stuff. The carrier stores are switching to Value only. I'm going to migrate my plan to Value as soon as I can and get a Z10. The family pricing blows my Classic Family Plan pricing out of the water.
    03-27-13 10:25 AM
    If you're not due 4 an upgrade, you're pretty much screwed. The T-Mobile retail stores don't really assist with classic customers unless ur having handset issues. No upgrades or anything.
    It's my understanding that you CAN upgrade, you just have to pay a migration fee based on when you got your last subsidized device, which is actually pretty understandable. If you got a smartphone on, say, a $200 subsidy, then it stands to reason that you pay the migration fee for an early upgrade to make up the difference for the cost of the phone.
    03-27-13 10:53 AM
    It's my understanding that you CAN upgrade, you just have to pay a migration fee based on when you got your last subsidized device, which is actually pretty understandable. If you got a smartphone on, say, a $200 subsidy, then it stands to reason that you pay the migration fee for an early upgrade to make up the difference for the cost of the phone.
    If you are 18 months into the contract you can migrate for free, anything before is pro-rated. T-Mo news has a sheet with the pro-rated details. I hit 18 Months on April 10th, so I'll have to wait till then to get my Z10 unfortunately.
    03-27-13 01:22 PM

Yes, a migration fee is needed and it will vary depending on your situation. I got two lines available for upgrade since Oct last year . Yesterday I went to the store and TMO let me get Z10 on installment plan without any charges. In the end, my plan in total goes lower enough to off-set the final phone full price. However, I now got all my lines to have unlimited talks - used to be only two main lines and the rest with 500 mins.

In addition, two main lines with new Z10 now has full unlimited data on TMO high speed network. I used to have one line with 5GB with free hotspot, and the other line with 2GB unlimited. I barely used hotspot feature in the past. TMO also allow you to add 5GB with hotspot feature for $15/mo prorated, just like they do on BB International for $20/mo prorated.

I am a happy camper...

Cheers
    03-27-13 01:28 PM
    We were 6 months into a contract and T-Mobile waived the $200 migration fee, retroacted the new plans to the contract date which credited our account $100. They basically gave us $300 when we bought 2 z10s from them. Now we have new phones and are saving $50 with better plans
    03-27-13 01:29 PM
    We were 6 months into a contract and T-Mobile waived the $200 migration fee, retroacted the new plans to the contract date which credited our account $100. They basically gave us $300 when we bought 2 z10s from them. Now we have new phones and are saving $50 with better plans
    Yep, if you can get them to waive migration fees, there are many ways you can customize to get Z10 on a new plan while actually save your monthly payment. I just decided that to get better service for the same monthly bill.

Cheers
    03-27-13 01:31 PM
    Well I'm going to stop buy a T-Mobile store on the way home from work, so I'll see if they can get it waived off early. I have to migrate four lines and add a fifth, so hopefully they will work. Might trade in the 9900 to as someone said they were giving $150 credit on them now.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-27-13 02:19 PM
    T-Mobile has around 30 to 35 million customers. Think about how many aren't due 4 an upgrade and that's horrible 2 force someone 2 go 2 a Costco 4 a phone discount. A T-Mobile retail store is almost on every block in Manhattan and I have 2 drive 2 another state 2 get 2 a Costco? Isn't that horrible? Plus, migration fees are expensive, downpayment, monthly payments, etc. At the end, its almost like nothing was saved. If u do the math, the value plans are almost the same as the classic plans. Paying 4 the phone over the course of 2 years will almost equal. A phone at discount and the monthly service fees.
    03-27-13 10:09 PM
    I'm not quite sure how T-mo is screwing you. You are NOT due for an upgrade and you want a free upgrade, then complain when they said it will cost you to get that upgrade early? Isn't that how it is on all US and Canadian carriers? You only get the discounted price after a set length of time, usually 2 years in US and 3 in Canada.

Just saying....
    03-27-13 10:16 PM
    T-Mobile has around 30 to 35 million customers. Think about how many aren't due 4 an upgrade and that's horrible 2 force someone 2 go 2 a Costco 4 a phone discount. A T-Mobile retail store is almost on every block in Manhattan and I have 2 drive 2 another state 2 get 2 a Costco? Isn't that horrible? Plus, migration fees are expensive, downpayment, monthly payments, etc. At the end, its almost like nothing was saved. If u do the math, the value plans are almost the same as the classic plans. Paying 4 the phone over the course of 2 years will almost equal. A phone at discount and the monthly service fees.
    What does an upgrade have to do with anything? they aren't offering upgrades anymore, they've gotten rid of contracts and went to cheaper plans. The vast majority of smartphone plans are considerably cheaper. We are now saving exactly $600/year with their new plans. Our "migration" fee was totally waived ( i think they're doing that for a lot of people) we paid for our phones but since subsidized pricing is over they now offer payment plans for the phones. I'm sorry but I don't seem to see any logic whatsoever to this comment because it seems to be horrifically incorrect. You can walk into a T-mobile store and pay $99 and leave with a new Z10 which then costs either $19/mo. , pay $200 for the phone and it's $13/mo., pay $300 for the phone and it's $9/mo. or just buy the phone outright and pay nothing for it a month. Two Lines on T-Mobile with unlimited no capped LTE w/ tethering costs $120/mo. If you walk into AT&T or Verizon you're paying $199 for the phone, $300/mo. for the "comparable" service. That's a yearly difference of $1800. You could almost purchase 4 Z10's a year for that cost. Sorry it's nowhere close to being equal. Want a calculator?
    03-27-13 11:52 PM
    What does an upgrade have to do with anything? they aren't offering upgrades anymore, they've gotten rid of contracts and went to cheaper plans. The vast majority of smartphone plans are considerably cheaper. We are now saving exactly $600/year with their new plans. Our "migration" fee was totally waived ( i think they're doing that for a lot of people) we paid for our phones but since subsidized pricing is over they now offer payment plans for the phones. I'm sorry but I don't seem to see any logic whatsoever to this comment because it seems to be horrifically incorrect. You can walk into a T-mobile store and pay $99 and leave with a new Z10 which then costs either $19/mo. , pay $200 for the phone and it's $13/mo., pay $300 for the phone and it's $9/mo. or just buy the phone outright and pay nothing for it a month. Two Lines on T-Mobile with unlimited no capped LTE w/ tethering costs $120/mo. If you walk into AT&T or Verizon you're paying $199 for the phone, $300/mo. for the "comparable" service. That's a yearly difference of $1800. You could almost purchase 4 Z10's a year for that cost. Sorry it's nowhere close to being equal. Want a calculator?
    Just curiously asking.. if your bill is 120 and you got 3 Z10's your bill now is 174 + tax and yah you paid 300 to start with plus tax... I'd understand that being cheaper because you have 2.5 gb of data and unlim txt and talk. but your paying 174.. but on Att yah im paying 199 for the phone and your right the bill would be much higher, but the coverage area is better.. and when i finally up for a upgrade the phone will prob be on Att's sale for 0.01 for a day,

what Im saying is, is 100 dollars cheaper better than having a good coverage area over at att and verizion?
    03-28-13 04:46 AM
    Just curiously asking.. if your bill is 120 and you got 3 Z10's your bill now is 174 + tax and yah you paid 300 to start with plus tax... I'd understand that being cheaper because you have 2.5 gb of data and unlim txt and talk. but your paying 174.. but on Att yah im paying 199 for the phone and your right the bill would be much higher, but the coverage area is better.. and when i finally up for a upgrade the phone will prob be on Att's sale for 0.01 for a day,

what Im saying is, is 100 dollars cheaper better than having a good coverage area over at att and verizion?
    Depends on location of course. I'm in Los Angeles and T-Mobile is way better and faster here
    robson21 likes this.
    03-28-13 04:54 AM
    I'm due for an upgrade, hut its not noted in their system correctly, so the retail store is saying I have to pay a 200.00 migration fee. They finally updated their system to reflect my upgrade date, but they said something doesn't reflect properly where the migration fee is waived, so they said I can't be helped unless I go to Costco, Target, or some street vendor selling T-Mobile phones illegally.
    03-28-13 10:34 AM
    I wonder what this means for me who signed a contract back in may 2012 and only got one subsidized phone on one line.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    03-28-13 10:45 AM
    So 611 customer care put a notation on my account that i am due 4 an upgrade, but because it wasn't physically reversed, the store rep refuse to port me over to their new value plans. So i have to drive out of state to NJ to go the nearest Costco and get a phone at a discount for classic customers. This is such a bad move because T-Mobile can be turning off customers who aren't eligible to port over without paying a migration fee and this could make people want to end their contract all together and go to another carrier.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    03-29-13 09:35 AM
    I'm not quite sure how T-mo is screwing you. You are NOT due for an upgrade and you want a free upgrade, then complain when they said it will cost you to get that upgrade early? Isn't that how it is on all US and Canadian carriers? You only get the discounted price after a set length of time, usually 2 years in US and 3 in Canada.

Just saying....
    T-mo screwed me horribly. I was at the store for tech help the other day and the guy pitched the new plans to us. I told him that I wanted to wait because I wanted to upgrade to the z10 when it came out and wanted the discount.... he told me that they NO LONGER offered discounts on phones and that the switch to the new plan would be mandatory at the end of my plan term any way. So I switched to save the money every month since he told me i would get no upgrade discount anyway... well that was crap. and now i have to pay full price for the z10 which i now cant afford. the 20$ a month that im saving over the 2 years is Not cheaper in that term than what i now have to pay for my phone... its all a shame.
    03-29-13 09:56 AM
    How much is the Classic plan through Costco?
    03-29-13 11:22 AM
    03-29-13 01:13 PM
    So you guys are winning

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 01:38 PM
    I wish they would have done that 4 me, but they didn't. Anyways, if you do the math, the new plans with the phones at full price equal out to their old classic plans. The name of the game is "MONEY" so they wouldn't give anyone a deal because its a business. Its only giving the illusion of savings.
    03-29-13 02:16 PM

I already know that T-Mobile has great coverage in Los Angeles, so for me, there's no reason to pay $100 more for AT&T's coverage.
    03-29-13 03:34 PM
    Those that are still under contract...WHY do you feel that you are entitled to have a migration fee waived...you agreed to the terms when you signed up, didn't you?
    If T-Mobile decides to waive that fee for certain customers under certain conditions or who meet certain criteria, that's just generosity on their part. Such a gesture is not OWED to anyone.
    04-01-13 07:56 AM
    So 611 customer care put a notation on my account that i am due 4 an upgrade, but because it wasn't physically reversed, the store rep refuse to port me over to their new value plans. So i have to drive out of state to NJ to go the nearest Costco and get a phone at a discount for classic customers. This is such a bad move because T-Mobile can be turning off customers who aren't eligible to port over without paying a migration fee and this could make people want to end their contract all together and go to another carrier.
    This is silly, on two points.

1. Buying the phone from T-Mobile using the Simple Choice plan works out to be cheaper than the Costco Classic plan.

2. Or you will switch to another carrier and pay an even higher monthly plan, to get a "discount" on the phone?

Wow, unbelievable.
    04-01-13 11:07 AM
27 12