I think the TMO CEO needs to grow up a little. His poor PR staff, they have a lot to deal with!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 07:35 AM
    TMO has the smallest user base of all the carriers?

I think that says it all.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-03-14 07:37 AM
    I had no idea WP 8.1 was that big an improvement over 8.0. Maybe I'll have to check that out, for the sake of curiosity..
    The best part was you can have the same app on your Xbox, WP, Laptop, and Desktop. Universal Apps is something no other ecosystem can do.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-03-14 07:45 AM
    No dude I know you can travel outside the US with AT&T. I guess that should factor into it. The person trying to decide whether to go AT&T or Verizon.

I had some bad experiences with both AT&T and Cingular who came before them. But in actuality I guess since I like taking my phone with me places I'd probably be forced to go with AT&T if there was no T-Mobile.

I have no firsthand experience with Verizon although I am familiar with Allltel that they bought up and it wasn't so bad.

You're right man. It's all experience and for all I know AT&T may have changed since I was a customer. I will say that I was in an AT&T store last year to look at a Z10 hands on before buying and they acted like I was insane. But from what I gather that is the way every US carrier treats BlackBerry lovers these days.

Actually the person thinking about switching from TMO might be better with AT&T because if they have an unlocked phone they can always switch back. I think Verizon would be a better company and provide more competition if they were not CDMA but I know a lot of people who seem happy with being locked into a company whether it's Sprint or Verizon.

I just love being able to switch SIM cards. My experience with my Z10 was in Mexico and both Telcel and Movistar SIMS worked great in my phone.

Your were right to call me on that. I was thinking emotionally like Chen and lashed out at AT&T without thinking first.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    You can roam internationally with Verizon. In fact many Verizon phones support HSPA+ internationally.

All 4G Verizon phones also come unlocked (and use SIM cards).

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 07:46 AM
    1% of their total business is BB? That is just shy of 500k subscribers. I am sure any other carrier would love to get those subscribers with a relatively high ARPU
    ghundiraj likes this.
    04-03-14 07:47 AM
    If you accept the 1% number, I wonder how many are loyal blackberry customers anyway. This is a speed bump for TMobile, but it will hurt Blackberry
    This. I think the assumption here is that all the T-Mobile BlackBerry customers are loyal fans. Reality is a good portion of them may jump ship to another platform.

millerliteboy likes this.
    04-03-14 07:47 AM
    I must say that I get the impression from your posts like the above that you would be taking the same data and coming to very different conclusions if you were not a T-Mobile customer.

Which is a pity.

And what is this "NOTHING to promote it" stuff? This was well-discussed last year. OF COURSE you will not see Samsung or Apple-level promotions for BlackBerry, because BlackBerry has never had the kind of money to burn that competitors like Apple and Samsung have in recent years. Expecting that level of marketing is folly.

But Verizon's BB10 promotional efforts were unquestionably far superior to their competitors, and they made various public statements in support of the company, e.g. the time the jerkoff security analysis firm Detwiler-Fenton claimed that there were "more returns than sales" on BB10 devices. Verizon came out and made a public statement that that claim was pure BS.

Please show me examples of any other US carrier doing the same sort of thing on behalf of BlackBerry last year.
    Wait, what are we arguing/discussing lol?

I have no bias towards any carrier my friend. I've been on a local carrier my whole life (Cincinnati Bell) and only recently joined Tmobile within the last 4 months. I love my BlackBerry much more than I love any carrier. That being said I'm confused because I agree with u. I've recognized that Verizon has been the best among all carriers. No doubt about that but I'd argue that still they aren't "worlds" better about promoting BlackBerry than other carriers. I don't expect no crazy amount of marketing but for an exclusive device I honestly do not remember any Z30 commercials. Just being honest

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and RedFoxOne like this.
    04-03-14 07:50 AM
    aghm...

Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her

in other words - show me the platform without problems
    I didn't realize I was saying other platforms didn't have problems lol

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 07:58 AM
    I've got one think to say "SUE THE *******"
    04-03-14 08:09 AM
    Attachment 260280

Hahahahahahahaha! Windows phone! But seriously! He's going to have to watch what he says...or he'll get Chen'd by tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    At this point Chen should NOT respond at all to him anymore. This guy is a troll and clown and nothing good can come from it.

He's doing a good job by showing just how classes and bitter he is all on his own.
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 04-03-14 at 11:19 AM.
    04-03-14 08:19 AM
    It's just sad that it has come to this. But really no carrier in the USA has them in the stores and if they do they are non working demo models mostly. You can't buy one in the store you have to order it but at least you can order one.

CB nation needs to resign to the fact that BBRY themselves are not thinking about consumers at this time which means no push by them or any carrier. If you want one, fine, order it and be happy. After all they are mostly business oriented right now. I got my Z30 knowing damn well what I was getting into. A corporate phone that no one is pushing, it's still a work in progress so expect hiccups and not much "big" developer support. I'm ok with that for now.
    Rello, Doggerz and anon(6038817) like this.
    04-03-14 08:33 AM
    It's just sad that it has come to this. But really no carrier in the USA has them in the stores and if they do they are non working demo models mostly. You can't buy one in the store you have to order it but at least you can order one.

CB nation needs to resign to the fact that BBRY themselves are not thinking about consumers at this time which means no push by them or any carrier. If you want one, fine, order it and be happy. After all they are mostly business oriented right now. I got my Z30 knowing damn well what I was getting into. A corporate phone that no one is pushing, it's still a work in progress so expect hiccups and not much "big" developer support. I'm ok with that for now.
    Soooo much truth in this post. Within the last week, I went to a Verizon store to FINALLY just play around with a Z30. I had to actually ask where it was because I couldn't find it smh. Turns out, it was placed next to a bunch of feature phones with no sign around that there was A BlackBerry section. People in here acting like it's just Tmobile. Lol no one is pushing BlackBerry these days...not even Verizon with their exclusive BlackBerry device

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Doggerz like this.
    04-03-14 09:25 AM
    Soooo much truth in this post. Within the last week, I went to a Verizon store to FINALLY just play around with a Z30. I had to actually ask where it was because I couldn't find it smh. Turns out, it was placed next to a bunch of feature phones with no sign around that there was A BlackBerry section. People in here acting like it's just Tmobile. Lol no one is pushing BlackBerry these days...not even Verizon with their exclusive BlackBerry device

Posted via CB10
    Exclusive or the only carrier willing to take it? By all indication its the latter than the former.

Rello likes this.
    04-03-14 09:54 AM
    Tmobile has been offering Simple Plan for a while now. Everybody already can just buy their phone outright and pay for this cheap plan so whether TMO sells or not it shouldn't matter to BlackBerry users as long as they can purchase a compatible BlackBerry device from at least a vendor.
    The whole agreement between BlackBerry and TMO doesn't help either company at this moment so having an agreement in place is not as critical or hurts either of their business. BlackBerry users on TMO network cares 2 things: 1. WIFI calling feature which they will loose. 2. BlackBerry OS update which shouldn't be a problem as long as they can get it directly from BlackBerry.

? CB10 ?
    04-03-14 10:04 AM
    Maybe if Legere says "customer" one more time I'll believe him.
    clickitykeys and Omnitech like this.
    04-03-14 10:27 AM

See how special I am.? I use the least popular phone and the least popular carrier. I love the underdog.

I love sticking it to the man!

04-03-14 10:31 AM
    You can roam internationally with Verizon. In fact many Verizon phones support HSPA+ internationally.

All 4G Verizon phones also come unlocked (and use SIM cards).

Posted via CB10
    That's good info to know. I thought they were like Sprint and pretty much locked up with no sim card.

Thanks

04-03-14 10:33 AM
    thanks... i have the word
    04-03-14 10:34 AM
    I really like your signature LOLOLOL
    04-03-14 10:52 AM
    time will tell the whole story, a lot we likely don't know about. It would be great if Kevin could interview John Chen to get the whole story.
    04-03-14 10:59 AM
    That's good info to know. I thought they were like Sprint and pretty much locked up with no sim card..
    The Sprint 9850 I traded in during the T-Mobile promo was SIM unlocked for international usage. I didn't even have to get an unlock code.
    04-03-14 11:19 AM
    I had no idea WP 8.1 was that big an improvement over 8.0. Maybe I'll have to check that out, for the sake of curiosity..
    It is actually quite nice...though Metro and Windows needs to mesh together better.

They fixed A LOT of things that were annoying me about Win 7.
    04-03-14 12:00 PM
    I've been A tmo customer for a long long time, but the CEO is crazy man!

Posted via CB10
    Every post above here is a fan boi... crazy ? he is not 4th in a succession of CEO's bankrupting his company by not listening to its customers wants and ****ting on partners though is he...look at the bigger picture crackberries! When I walk into T-Mobile or any telco and ask for a BBOS7 BIS device for consumer security and compression they don't try and tell me I can only have a BB10 without BIS, the man has a very valid point.
    04-03-14 12:09 PM

They also are not spending money to loose money and trying to sell the ground beneath their feet...the mighty can fall...just look at your Blackberry fanbois.
    04-03-14 12:12 PM
    Every post above here is a fan boi... crazy ? he is not 4th in a succession of CEO's bankrupting his company by not listening to its customers wants and ****ting on partners though is he...look at the bigger picture crackberries! When I walk into T-Mobile or any telco and ask for a BBOS7 BIS device for consumer security and compression they don't try and tell me I can only have a BB10 without BIS, the man has a very valid point.
    What?

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-03-14 12:17 PM
262 ... 7891011