Was he wrong in either statement?

He clearly says he values all customers but if BB is taking away the choice from customers, what can he do? People gotta stop looking at it from just BB's eyes. 1% of their total customer base uses a BB.
    what is your point here? Is BlackBerry wrong in their response? Hey guess what....it works both ways but then why bother with the bothersome details....I see the usual suspects like your post
    04-03-14 12:23 PM
    OMG, nothing from Legere posted in this thread qualifies as "dissing". While T-Mobile has not been the most respectful of Blackberry, the same has been true the other way around and Legere's recent comments are rather mild. Saying that Blackberry is 1% of the T-Mobile userbase in response to an inquiry about "estimate revisions" is simply clarification stating the truth that is not altogether unnecessary given the event's relevancy to Deutsche Telekom investors.

Everyone is bashing Blackberry all over tech sites such as theVerge and Engadget because John Chen and fans have been acting so poorly. This community needs to self reflect.
    this community needs to kick you out....now that would be self reflection...but then
    04-03-14 12:25 PM
    But, as pointed out previously, nothing he's said has been false.
    ...indeed. Just as there is also a word that i could use that would be true of some of you...but then a ban would be in effect....would that make what I say false? Nope.....but its not good etiquette. The same applies here
    04-03-14 12:31 PM
    This guy a certified clown! He dissed BlackBerry by saying 90% of customers chose a non BlackBerry handset when offered the trade in as an apology. What did he expect? I'm glad blackberry have taken this step because it's a wakeup call for them. If BlackBerry is such an insignificant user base then why is he so bothered?

Posted via CB App on my White Z30
    He's not bothered. People tweet at you and then you answer. Simple as that. If you think this hurts T-MO you need to take off your rose colored glasses. Also nothing is stopping anyone from buying direct from Black Berry just like most Google Nexus fans buy directly from Google. Just put your sim in and notify T-MO of your new info and done.
    04-03-14 12:59 PM
    He sounds like a jilted ex!
    Or a third grader.
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-03-14 12:59 PM
    You can roam internationally with Verizon. In fact many Verizon phones support HSPA+ internationally.

All 4G Verizon phones also come unlocked (and use SIM cards).

Posted via CB10
    That's good info to know. I thought they were like Sprint and pretty much locked up with no sim card.

Thanks

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    Off topic but this is misleading... Starting around the time the Z10 came out and going forward they come unlocked. Also not all Verizon 4G phones have the correct frequencies most if not all current phone do but some older ones do not.
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-03-14 01:11 PM
    OMG, nothing from Legere posted in this thread qualifies as "dissing". While T-Mobile has not been the most respectful of Blackberry, the same has been true the other way around and Legere's recent comments are rather mild. Saying that Blackberry is 1% of the T-Mobile userbase in response to an inquiry about "estimate revisions" is simply clarification stating the truth that is not altogether unnecessary given the event's relevancy to Deutsche Telekom investors.

Everyone is bashing Blackberry all over tech sites such as theVerge and Engadget because John Chen and fans have been acting so poorly. This community needs to self reflect.
    What has T Mobile done for BlackBerry lately?
    Carriers don't do anything for Phone Manufactures. They sell to people what people want. Example. People want Apple / Samsung devices. T-Mobile sells them. If you expect American Cell Phone Companies to do sometime for a manufacturer your misinformed. American Cell Phone Companies are like organised crime families of the past. You do what they want or you'll end up like BB with incentives from other phone competitors offering to cover hundreds of dollars for trade ins on the phone brand that's not selling. This is a what have you done for me lately business. If your products are generating money for the Cell Phone Company then they aren't going to bend a finger to help you.
    04-03-14 01:16 PM
    BlackBerry seems to be focusing on AT&T and Verizon, but mostly Verizon.
    Verizon is the only carrier willing to carry every BlackBerry 10 smartphone and they were the second carrier to rollout 10.2.1. AT&T has no new BlackBerry's, no updates, nothing. AT&T seems to be going the route of TMO. Verizon probably figures if the competition drops BlackBerry, they can be a BlackBerry exclusive provider in the U.S. and steal away enterprise customers from AT&T, TMO, and even Sprint. I've already seen Verizon promotions on the BlackBerry U.S. Website.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 01:27 PM
    He's not bothered. People tweet at you and then you answer. Simple as that. If you think this hurts T-MO you need to take off your rose colored glasses. Also nothing is stopping anyone from buying direct from Black Berry just like most Google Nexus fans buy directly from Google. Just put your sim in and notify T-MO of your new info and done.
    I think you misunderstood my original post. This won't hurt TMO as BlackBerry users only make up 50,000 customers.

Posted via CB App on my White Z30
    04-03-14 01:33 PM
    230 posts on such a trivial tweet, man some people need to get out more...
    04-03-14 01:47 PM
    Off topic but this is misleading... Starting around the time the Z10 came out and going forward they come unlocked. Also not all Verizon 4G phones have the correct frequencies most if not all current phone do but some older ones do not.
    There's nothing misleading about my post.

Two points I made:

1) Many Verizon phones can be used internationally. All 4G phones can and some older 3G devices. Not sure if you have a problem with the use of "many" but if all current smartphones they sell are international capable it definitely does count.

2) All 4G phones on Verizon are unlocked and take a SIM card. This is a fact. They are required to sell them unlocked. They use SIM cards that can be swapped unlike Sprint.

Not sure where the confusion is. I didn't say that all Verizon phones work everywhere with every speed tier and frequency supported. I clearly quantified my statements.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 02:06 PM
    Verizon is the only carrier willing to carry every BlackBerry 10 smartphone and they were the second carrier to rollout 10.2.1. AT&T has no new BlackBerry's, no updates, nothing. AT&T seems to be going the route of TMO. Verizon probably figures if the competition drops BlackBerry, they can be a BlackBerry exclusive provider in the U.S. and steal away enterprise customers from AT&T, TMO, and even Sprint. I've already seen Verizon promotions on the BlackBerry U.S. Website.
    While this might be good for BlackBerry, to save on resources, it limits the carrier choices for consumers. Verizon coverage is good, but not perfect. Who's to say that once Verizon becomes a monopoly with regards to BlackBerry devices, they won't tack on an extra fee, similar to what AT&T did to iPhone users?
    04-03-14 02:11 PM
    American Cell Phone Companies are like organised crime families of the past. You do what they want or you'll end up like BB with incentives from other phone competitors offering to cover hundreds of dollars for trade ins on the phone brand that's not selling.
    Seriously? I don't even know what to say to this, other than, you don't even understand the references you are using.

This is a what have you done for me lately business. If your products are generating money for the Cell Phone Company then they aren't going to bend a finger to help you.
    You've just described ALL retail business. Just because your company has supplied clothes to The Gap for 20 years doesn't mean they won't drop you like a hot rock if your clothes stop selling. Just because you've supplied lumber to Home Depot since they opened doesn't mean they won't find a new supplier if all of your boards start showing up warped and cracked, and the customers start going elsewhere.

The very nature of retail is "what have you done for me LATELY?" That's the business BB chose to be in, and when you deliver products that customers want, you prosper. When you don't, you don't. Other companies have managed to deliver products that the average customer wants, yet BB, who was once in First Place, has consistently failed to do this for YEARS now, and we all know the many reasons why (almost all of them being poor decisions by BB).

You can blame T-Mobile if you like, but that's not going to change the reality of the world. If you get into the game of (US) Football, you better be ready to get tackled. If you want to race cars, you'd better be prepared for crashes and blown engines. And if you want to sell smartphones on the consumer market, you'd better bring products that appeal to a broad range of consumers, or you are going to fail.
    cbvinh and TGR1 like this.
    04-03-14 02:16 PM
    This is a what have you done for me lately business. If your products are generating money for the Cell Phone Company then they aren't going to bend a finger to help you.
    That is obvious and irrelevant to the discussion. The point is that Tmobile actively issued a promotion against Blackberry without any prior notice.

A: Not lifting a finger to help you.
    B: Stabbing you in the back.

A does not equal B.

I know, it's kinda trivial. But many people don't seem to get it.
    04-03-14 02:38 PM
    That is obvious and irrelevant to the discussion. The point is that Tmobile actively issued a promotion against Blackberry without any prior notice.

A: Not lifting a finger to help you.
    B: Stabbing you in the back.

A does not equal B.

I know, it's kinda trivial. But many people don't seem to get it.
    That's making the huge assumption that nothing was going on in the background that prompted TMo to make a move. We have no idea if there is any "blame" to spread in the first place. Maybe this is all a very clever "good cop, bad cop" play engineered between two canny CEOs. Who knows? Not us.
    04-03-14 02:57 PM
    Within the last week, I went to a Verizon store to FINALLY just play around with a Z30. I had to actually ask where it was because I couldn't find it smh. Turns out, it was placed next to a bunch of feature phones with no sign around that there was A BlackBerry section. People in here acting like it's just Tmobile. Lol no one is pushing BlackBerry these days...not even Verizon with their exclusive BlackBerry device

Blackberry has suffered from disinterest and, even more frequently, blatant hostility in the US market for years now. NONE of that is a surprise.

So you have to have some perspective here. We are talking about differences that begin from an extremely low level of interest overall.

The fact you can find the devices at all at Verizon actually makes them stand out. That's just the reality of the brand in this region.

As I keep telling people, it's going to get worse before it gets better. The smartphone market right now in developed markets like the USA is ridiculously competitive, NO vendor and I mean NO vendor except Apple and Samsung are making any money on smartphones, and it takes hundreds of millions of dollars thrown into the market just to have a minimal presence. BlackBerry does NOT have that kind of money to throw out right now, especially since the likelihood of getting any significant return on that investment at this point is virtually nil.

In short, the smartphone market in the USA right now is out of reach to BlackBerry for all practical purposes, and that's not going to change for AT LEAST a year or two while BlackBerry tries to stabilize the company by building their more promising enterprise software/MDM business, a couple of select international markets (ie Indonesia) and get some consistent revenue flowing.

Until then, I suggest people get used to not seeing much in the way of BlackBerry smartphones at retail for a while. That's just the facts of life at the moment.
    Rello likes this.
    04-03-14 02:58 PM
    So this thread didn't really go as planned.

Oops.

Via CB10 from Scotland, while pretty stoned, using Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2947.
    04-03-14 02:58 PM
    The way I see it, Legere is such a clown, he doesn't realize he's making Chen's point : T-Mobile does NOT give a hoot about BBRY and therefore their interests do not complement those of BBRY and its users.
    04-03-14 02:59 PM
    1% of their total business is BB? That is just shy of 500k subscribers. I am sure any other carrier would love to get those subscribers with a relatively high ARPU
    As I have stated previously, I think Legere is playing games here. Their own reps have been quoted recently as stating their BlackBerry customer base is only 1/10th that size. (ie 45,000 users, not 450,000)
    04-03-14 03:01 PM
    230 posts on such a trivial tweet, man some people need to get out more...
    Feel free to stop reading and wagging your judgemental finger anytime.
    04-03-14 03:04 PM
    The best part was you can have the same app on your Xbox, WP, Laptop, and Desktop. Universal Apps is something no other ecosystem can do.

Not something I personally care much about, but it's an interesting idea.
    04-03-14 03:04 PM
    Just saw this:

Attachment 260276

So in one Tweet he claims BlackBerry doesn't want to give their customers choices.

But as seen above, he basically writes off BlackBerry users as insignificant.

Do you care about BlackBerry or not, Mr. Legere? Because your actions and the actions of your company are speaking louder than your words, here.
    I think that's a matter of Twitter not providing enough characters to articulate. The allusion towards insignificance wasn't directed towards Blackberry in particular. Instead it was a reference towards impact/guidance which the person he was replying to was requesting.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    04-03-14 03:08 PM
    While this might be good for BlackBerry, to save on resources, it limits the carrier choices for consumers. Verizon coverage is good, but not perfect. Who's to say that once Verizon becomes a monopoly with regards to BlackBerry devices, they won't tack on an extra fee, similar to what AT&T did to iPhone users?

When the level of interest in the public and business rises in Blackberry products, then I will expect the carriers to show more interest.

In the meantime, during a time when BlackBerry has very limited options available to it to keep the company going, trying to throw boatloads of money at a market that would accomplish virtually nothing in terms of sales or return on investment is a fools errand.

Yeah, there will be lots of angry and indignant BlackBerry users who don't see beyond the individual end-user smartphone thing and they will be disappointed. That's the breaks. BlackBerry's options are very limited. TBH, we should be glad they're in business at all at this point and not owned by Samsung and selling generic Android devices or broken up in pieces and sold off.

It would be nice if the people who still have some interest and appreciation for Blackberry products would contribute themselves from time to time by keeping some interest going about the product and doing a little personal evangelizing about it sometimes, instead of just constantly griping that they can't walk into any local store and find a shelf full of new BlackBerry products.

Everyone will just have to have some patience. If you don't have that, then I suggest migrating to a different product line and stop endlessly griping here.
    04-03-14 03:12 PM
    I totally agree. Many people are acting like it does hurt T-MO and that Mr. L is being a A Hole to BB but I don't see that.
    04-03-14 03:14 PM
    That's making the huge assumption that nothing was going on in the background that prompted TMo to make a move. We have no idea if there is any "blame" to spread in the first place.

There is no need to know any "back story". What they did was sleazy and opportunist, no matter how you slice it. The End.

Maybe this is all a very clever "good cop, bad cop" play engineered between two canny CEOs. Who knows? Not us.

Oh, now that's rich.

Do you think the Moon landing was faked too?
    04-03-14 03:15 PM
262 ... 891011