This guy a certified clown! He dissed BlackBerry by saying 90% of customers chose a non BlackBerry handset when offered the trade in as an apology. What did he expect? I'm glad blackberry have taken this step because it's a wakeup call for them. If BlackBerry is such an insignificant user base then why is he so bothered?

Posted via CB App on my White Z30
    I think that this is good pr for BlackBerry. Instead of T-Mobile essentially leaving BlackBerry to rot BlackBerry took the initiative. Making T-Mobile look like ****.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 09:00 PM
    The guys an *** and I like the first reply over there's more like that guy

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 09:03 PM
    T-Mobile did budge. AT&T and Sprint, while being professional, quietly did *nothing*. Is that better?
    Depends on your definition of "budge". In my view, it was mostly window-dressing.

And as I have repeatedly stated, there is a BIG difference between simple passivity and active attempts to undermine a business partner's business and diss them all over social media.

If they wanted to show a true committment, why not carry the Z30? There is NO rationalization for that. A GSM Z30 would be one of the easiest products for them to carry, it's already being sold for other carriers. No need to make BlackBerry produce a special model like Verizon or Sprint would require, would be easy as pie.

But no - for some reason, T-Mobile can't be bothered.

Yeah, they lurrrrrrrvs them some Blackberries.

NOT.
    ghundiraj likes this.
    Nice collection of tweets indeed

Posted via CB10
    This guy John Legere is the most childish CEO ever. SMH
    Lol I love the new era of CEOs wasting time running their mouths on Twitter. Highly entertaining.
    04-02-14 09:05 PM
    If someone doesn't understand the technology they are putting their trust onto these said reps, if the reps are steering them cause of bonuses for selling something else than what would suit them, then they will be talked out of it, research or not!!!!!! That's the way it is in all sales and service!!!!!!!

T-mobile reps were not helping the case, much like any of the American stores. T-mobile was just stupid and arrogant enough to get caught with a flyer!!!!! Now they lose a company working with them, have it in the media that they are difficult to work with, and lost market share with people tired of their arrogance!! Looks good on em!

Posted via CB10
    Actually I doubt anyone's going to care, all media and comments across the web are saying this is nothing but bad for BlackBerry and in reality it is. And if someone gets steered to another operating system, and likes who are we to get mad and judge?

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-02-14 09:08 PM
    From anecdotal evidence here on CRackberry, it's not like AT&T and Verizon stores are brimming with stock of Blackberry devices either. Sprint doesn't even carry the Z30 or the Z10. So by your logic, BB should part ways with Sprint too, for example?

And maybe they should.

The only caveat is Sprint has some actual enterprise customers, and is a far better option as an enterprise carrier than T-Mobile would be.

I suppose it depends a lot on Sprint's attitude, and I can't say I have much of a sense about that. At least one Sprint employee has opined here recently that they show no indication of being on-track to abandon BlackBerry.
    04-02-14 09:08 PM
    Simply an observation. It seems many are also relieved they have someone or something to direct their frustrations towards. Because BlackBerry can do no wrong.
    Are you just intentionally trying to stir things up with people? Because if not, you must be doing some impressive mental filtering to be able to sweep anyone who defends the company's actions at any point as thinking "the company can do no wrong".

BlackBerry reduced their current and potential subscribers US national carrier choices by 25% with a single press release. Not sure how that can be turned into a positive.
    First of all, T-Mobile was far less than 25% of the current or potential customer-base, for a variety of reasons. They are punching below their weight with BlackBerry to begin with.

Secondly, in order to be able to turn it into a positive, you have to stop mentally filtering out all the data that challenges your preconceived notions.

Hope that helps.

[re: Legere] But, as pointed out previously, nothing he's said has been false.
    I dispute that, bigtime. I find Legere to be a sanctimonious, pompous, insincere twit, that I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him.

Wasn't that an internal TMo memo? I don't think Legere mentioned the 1% until today. Could be wrong.
    Yes the "story" goes that it was "somehow leaked" to an "independent" T-Mobile blog site.

Mmmhmmm.
    clickitykeys and ghundiraj like this.
    04-02-14 09:12 PM
    Right now BB is 1% of T-mobile's clientele and all indications are that this is not likely to trend upward anytime soon.

Actually based on their own estimates, more like 0.1%.

T-Mobile claims 45 million users, and only 45-50,000 BlackBerry users, total.

In other words: T-Mobile's share of BlackBerry users is FAR less on a percentage basis than their US competitors, even based on the most pessimistic estimates of BlackBerry marketshare in the USA.
    yessuz likes this.
    04-02-14 09:23 PM
    I'm just here for the drama
    Omnitech and southlander like this.
    04-02-14 09:25 PM
    Tmobile US support not good.
    04-02-14 09:26 PM
    Simple answer 500,000 customers is 500,000 customers, is 500,000 customers. Not sure why anyone would **** on having half a million customers.

T-mo has a US user base of 46.7 Million. As quoted in the tweet, 1+% (using a + seems odd, no?) this amounts to approximately half a million subscribers. That is a substantial amount of income for any company, even if its not a majority.

I actually think Legere is lying with that "1%" figure he's been touting on Twitter today.

Because the company's own claims (see below) suggest their BlackBerry customer-base is actually more like 0.1%, not 1%. They claim around 45 million total users, and only 45,000 BlackBerry users.

And I'll bet you a substantial sum of money that if someone calls Legere on that, he will play dumb and claim he forget a decimal point.

I'd love it if someone would do just that and see how he responds.

Just got off the phone with T-Mobile tech support for BlackBerry. She said they have over 45,000 Blackberry users in the USA and as long as they have Blackberry users, they will continue to support Blackberry for their customers. She said they had a focus group and she didn't get the feeling nor the opinion that T-Mobile was going to stop sending out updates for BlackBerry. She said she knows 10.2 has been out for about a year now, but the 10.2 is not compatible with T-Mobile right now. She said it keeps crashing the system and that they are working with BlackBerry to get a fix. She didn't know when it is supposed to be resolved. She said BlackBerrys' can and will be sold by T-Mobile, but will be sold through Her department which all I know is Tech support.
    04-02-14 09:44 PM
    I actually think Legere is lying with that "1%" figure he's been touting on Twitter today.

Because the company's own claims (see below) suggest their BlackBerry customer-base is actually more like 0.1%, not 1%. They claim around 45 million total users, and only 45,000 BlackBerry users.

And I'll bet you a substantial sum of money that if someone calls Legere on that, he will play dumb and claim he forget a decimal point.

I'd love it if someone would do just that and see how he responds.
    Its make blackberry look even worse if you do point it out. 😱

04-02-14 09:47 PM
    BlackBerry reduced their current and potential subscribers US national carrier choices by 25% with a single press release. Not sure how that can be turned into a positive.
    Leaving an abusive relationship has costs and benefits : Three other carriers have the attention of current BlackBerry fans on T-Mobile. Perhaps that will inspire another carrier to do a "we <3 BlackBerry" and reinvigorate the relationship with another carrier. It's too soon to say but one thing is certain: it's not as "simple" as it looks and we don't have all the facts.

Posted via CB10
    ghundiraj and eddy_berry like this.
    04-02-14 09:56 PM
    I feel like though no matter how people look at it though, it's now 30+ million people that BlackBerry no longer has access to. If Verizon barely promoted their exclusive Z30, I just find it hard to see any BlackBerry device being really promoted. Tmobile customers still have plenty of "choice" when it comes to phones to buy though. I'd love to hear from Chen though how this actually benefits them though. Give me a legit reason straight from the man running the show and I'm willing to listen lol
    They did give choice Dave. No one wanted it. Look I'm not saying it was right of Tmobile to send out emails only to BlackBerry users to get them to switch but at the end of the day, all those people still had a choice of weather to switch or stay with BlackBerry did they not?
    Exactly lol....is it Tmobile though? I'd argue not lol. People can sat what they will about Tmobile's CEO and the "disses" in these tweets but look at sprint. They have the Q10 and don't even have 10.2.1......LMAO. AT&T has exactly the same options of Tmobile's yet don't have 10.2.1. I'd ask why on earth Verizon paid for a BlackBerry exclusive and did NOTHING to promote it. It makes me think they were just the only carrier that wanted it. All these carriers have fault when it comes to supporting BlackBerry as we have said. I do believe though that people have blown these tweet out of proportion. They were not disses but facts.

I must say that I get the impression from your posts like the above that you would be taking the same data and coming to very different conclusions if you were not a T-Mobile customer.

Which is a pity.

And what is this "NOTHING to promote it" stuff? This was well-discussed last year. OF COURSE you will not see Samsung or Apple-level promotions for BlackBerry, because BlackBerry has never had the kind of money to burn that competitors like Apple and Samsung have in recent years. Expecting that level of marketing is folly.

But Verizon's BB10 promotional efforts were unquestionably far superior to their competitors, and they made various public statements in support of the company, e.g. the time the jerkoff security analysis firm Detwiler-Fenton claimed that there were "more returns than sales" on BB10 devices. Verizon came out and made a public statement that that claim was pure BS.

Please show me examples of any other US carrier doing the same sort of thing on behalf of BlackBerry last year.
    04-02-14 09:59 PM
    Actually I doubt anyone's going to care, all media and comments across the web are saying this is nothing but bad for BlackBerry and in reality it is.

Not really. The vast majority of people who write in the technology or financial sector in the USA have been anti-BlackBerry for years now.

To assume that when the same old people take the same sort of predictably negative swipes at the company that they have been doing for years now whenever they can dig up an excuse to do so as some sort of "evidence" that there is something specifically bad about this dumb PR kerfuffle is jumping to some pretty wildly unsupported presumptions.

[re: claimed 1% vs 0.1% share of T-Mobile customerbase] Its make blackberry look even worse if you do point it out.

First of all, are you sincerely concerned about that?

Secondly, I don't think so. BlackBerry has in the past and in general been a pretty straight-shooter as far as giant multinational corporations go. There is almost zero likelihood that anything said amongst all this silliness is going to change any minds about BlackBerry one way or the other. If you haven't already noticed, people's opinions of the company tend to be highly polarized and largely carved in stone.

Rather - I think it would be quite useful to demonstrate yet again how bogus Legere is.
    04-02-14 10:12 PM
    Not really. The vast majority of people who write in the technology or financial sector in the USA have been anti-BlackBerry for years now.

To assume that when the same old people take the same sort of predictably negative swipes at the company that they have been doing for years now whenever they can dig up an excuse to do so as some sort of "evidence" that there is something specifically bad about this dumb PR kerfuffle is jumping to some pretty wildly unsupported presumptions.
    Well it is true. This is bad for BlackBerry no matter which way you slice it. To actually lose a national carrier as partner speaks volumes and reaffirms which was just plain talk and biasness before.

First of all, are you sincerely concerned about that?
    Does not matter whether I am or not.

Secondly, I don't think so. BlackBerry has in the past and in general been a pretty straight-shooter as far as giant multinational corporations go. There is almost zero likelihood that anything said amongst all this silliness is going to change any minds about BlackBerry one way or the other. If you haven't already noticed, people's opinions of the company tend to be highly polarized and largely carved in stone.

Rather - I think it would be quite useful to demonstrate yet again how bogus Legere is.
    Yet it seems only on Crackberry where it is heavily slanted towards BlackBerry does there seem to be any animosity towards him. That's more telling than some tweets about the CEO. I think Crackberry folk are just using him to vent out recent frustrations.

richardat and techvisor like this.
    04-02-14 10:20 PM
    Well it is true. This is bad for BlackBerry no matter which way you slice it. To actually lose a national carrier as partner speaks volumes and reaffirms which was just plain talk and biasness before.

Yet it seems only on Crackberry where it is heavily slanted towards BlackBerry does there seem to be any animosity towards him. That's more telling than some tweets about the CEO. I think Crackberry folk are just using him to vent out recent frustrations.

Legere's slip is showing! He needed to handle the issue with tact. He instead started behaving like a common street hustler, (no offense to them) you cannot be head of a business like TMO and taking pot shots over twitter. He is an a**. Simple he was further tarnishing the Brand, one cannot be partners with someone constantly undermining the company. Chen has done right by BlackBerry, revoke the licensing. As I said before he ,Legere is pretty lucky that's all he lost, he could have been slapped with a law suit.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 04-02-14 at 10:42 PM.
    ghundiraj likes this.
    04-02-14 10:26 PM
    Actually I doubt anyone's going to care, all media and comments across the web are saying this is nothing but bad for BlackBerry and in reality it is. And if someone gets steered to another operating system, and likes who are we to get mad and judge?

The same media that for the last three to four years have been saying blackberry is dead? How's that working for them????

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech, RedFoxOne and ghundiraj like this.
    04-02-14 10:33 PM
    We can ponder and whine all you want but the reality is that to the regular costumer it seems that blackberry won on this one. It straight up told T-mobile go **** yourself and I for one glad it did. Because to stay beside a company that considers you insignificant not only makes you seem weak and in need but utterly pathetic.
    04-02-14 10:45 PM
    The same media that for the last three to four years have been saying blackberry is dead? How's that working for them????

Posted via CB10
    Pretty well as they aren't the ones affected by these turn of events.

JeepBB likes this.
    04-02-14 11:16 PM
    Legere's slip is showing! He needed to handle the issue with tact. He instead started behaving like a common street hustler, (no offense to them) you cannot be head of a business like TMO and taking pot shots over twitter. He is an a**. Simple he was further tarnishing the Brand, one cannot be partners with someone constantly undermining the company. Chen has done right by BlackBerry, revoke the licensing. As I said before he ,Legere is pretty lucky that's all he lost, he could have been slapped with a law suit.

Posted via CB10
    This is a prime example of what I mean.

04-02-14 11:17 PM
    I disagree wholeheartedly as stated and explained numerous times now.

LOL, of course it does. Trying to claim that one should take a course of action to help an entity that you don't care if they die or not has a large impact on one's credibility when one claims to be on someone's or some company's side or not.

Yanno, just like Legere keeps trying to claim that he just lurrrrrvs Blackberry customers. As If.

If people take everything they are ever told at face-value, sooner or later they're going to get hurt.

Yet it seems only on Crackberry where it is heavily slanted towards BlackBerry does there seem to be any animosity towards him.
    Perhaps if you spend too much time catting around Crackberry platform advocacy threads it distorts your perspective on that.

That's more telling than some tweets about the CEO. I think Crackberry folk are just using him to vent out recent frustrations.
    SOME may indeed be doing that, but you do your credibility no favors by making silly sweeping statements like that. Life is just not that simple.

Speaking of credibility, this doesn't exactly dispel any stereotypes either:

T-Mobile CEO dissing BlackBerry on Twitter!-capture.png
    ghundiraj likes this.
    04-02-14 11:33 PM
    This is a prime example of what I mean.

Yeah yeah I concur!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 11:35 PM
    You use a lot of ********'s in your posts.
    Seemingly without penalty.
    04-02-14 11:49 PM
262 ... 56789 ...