It wasn't selling because everytime someone's asks for one they get diverted to Apple or Samsung. It's not hard to kill a platform this way.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    This sales rep argument is old and stupid.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    richardat likes this.
    04-02-14 06:55 PM
    just reply to his tweet and rip him another sphincter .

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 06:57 PM
    They were still extremely late on the global stage.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Once again, that's all of the US carriers. I agree with ya'll. American carriers all suck when it comes to BlackBerry uodates....but that's it...its not just Tmobile. The choice is still there though if they want the device, no matter what the sales people say.

Well the choice is there for everyone except for Tmobile customers lol

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 06:58 PM
    You seem to have developed an anti BB position at some point, not sure why entirely. Simple answer 500,000 customers is 500,000 customers, is 500,000 customers. Not sure why anyone would **** on having half a million customers.

T-mo has a US user base of 46.7 Million. As quoted in the tweet, 1+% (using a + seems odd, no?) this amounts to approximately half a million subscribers. That is a substantial amount of income for any company, even if its not a majority.

The more you give up on 1% of your user base the smaller that user base becomes until 1% of your userbase is the same as 100% of your user base. If you don't follow, if you treat your customers wrong and give up on them, eventually you'll have no customers left.
    "x+%" is a pretty common way of indicating that it is higher than X without being specific.

Without knowing the revenue derived from that 500000 vs the cost to maintain, hard to say. Anyway, as of right now TMo is not abandoning that existing 1%, are they?

In the future, if a significant percentage of that 1% prefers to stay with TMo despite not being able to get a BBRY, then cutting ties with BBRY isn't much of a loss to TMo at all. May not be nice to think about, but there it is.
    04-02-14 07:00 PM
    Once again, that's all of the US carriers. I agree with ya'll. American carriers all suck when it comes to BlackBerry uodates....but that's it...its not just Tmobile. The choice is still there though if they want the device, no matter what the sales people say.

Well the choice is there for everyone except for Tmobile customers lol

Posted via CB10
    I agree they all stink. But some stink more than others.
    04-02-14 07:01 PM
    "x+%" is a pretty common way of indicating that it is higher than X without being specific.

Without knowing the revenue derived from that 500000 vs the cost to maintain, hard to say. Anyway, as of right now TMo is not abandoning that existing 1%, are they?

In the future, if a significant percentage of that 1% prefers to stay with TMo despite not being able to get a BBRY, then cutting ties with BBRY isn't much of a loss to TMo at all. May not be nice to think about, but there it is.
    I can't imagine TMo runs on a system where they would lose money on supporting half a million customers. If they do they are doing business seriously wrong.

Also all their main 4 platforms make up 1+% of their market. He specifically chose the 1+% figure to marginalize BB without quoting a proper statistic. It may not be much better, but some posters on this discussion continue saying BB makes up less than one percent when in fact it makes up more, however little more, it is more than 1%.
    04-02-14 07:09 PM
    I agree they all stink. But some stink more than others.
    Exactly lol....is it Tmobile though? I'd argue not lol. People can sat what they will about Tmobile's CEO and the "disses" in these tweets but look at sprint. They have the Q10 and don't even have 10.2.1......LMAO. AT&T has exactly the same options of Tmobile's yet don't have 10.2.1. I'd ask why on earth Verizon paid for a BlackBerry exclusive and did NOTHING to promote it. It makes me think they were just the only carrier that wanted it. All these carriers have fault when it comes to supporting BlackBerry as we have said. I do believe though that people have blown these tweet out of proportion. They were not disses but facts.

Posted via CB10
    cbvinh likes this.
    04-02-14 07:13 PM
    Spot on you are. You may not like what he is doing but he is running a business. He sells 99 android and/iphones for every 1 BB device. Where do you expect him to put his resources. People here make it sound like it's his responsibility to build BB's brand recognition. T-mobile begged apple for years to get the iphone. Why? PEOPLE WANT THE IPHONE. APPLE IS GENIUS AT MARKETING THEIR PHONES. If everybody wanted BB devices- of BB were genius at creating demand for their products- Tmobile would never have let them get away. The "reality" is very few people want BB devices. If tomorrow, T-mobile said "from this point forward" we will only sell BB10 Devices". How long do you think they would be in business. About 1 quarter before their new subscriber base dwindled to nothing. Get real Crackberry folks.
    04-02-14 07:15 PM
    Exactly lol....is it Tmobile though? I'd argue not lol. People can sat what they will about Tmobile's CEO and the "disses" in these tweets but look at sprint. They have the Q10 and don't even have 10.2.1......LMAO. AT&T has exactly the same options of Tmobile's yet don't have 10.2.1. I'd ask why on earth Verizon paid for a BlackBerry exclusive and did NOTHING to promote it. It makes me think they were just the only carrier that wanted it. All these carriers have fault when it comes to supporting BlackBerry as we have said. I do believe though that people have blown these tweet out of proportion. They were not disses but facts.

Posted via CB10
    That's my though too, Verizon was the only one wiling to take a chance on it because they make a lot of money and is the biggest carrier around.

Rello likes this.
    04-02-14 07:19 PM
    That's my though too, Verizon was the only one wiling to take a chance on it because they make a lot of money and is the biggest carrier around.

Exactly....some people say it was an exclusive, while others say that no one else wanted it. I honestly don't know at this point. U could make s argument either way but Sprint infamously passed on the Z10 for the next full touch device in the pipeline....lol that never materialized.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:40 PM
    THe problem with your analysis is that there is a cost to Tmobile with maintaining a product line. There is a supply cost, a logistic cost, a support cost, a service cost etc. etc. etc. While some of these costs are variable costs many are fixed and will be there whether you sell 1 million phones or 1 phone. My guess is T-mobile has figured that it sells so few BB phones , that the revenue it generates from BB customers doesn't justify the cost of keeping the BB product line. No doubt that is why they tried the promotion encouraging people to switch. I think T-mobile made the decision to terminate the relationship with BB long ago around the time they offered that promotion. The annoucement today I think was a forgone conclusion
    04-02-14 07:44 PM
    THe problem with your analysis is that there is a cost to Tmobile with maintaining a product line. There is a supply cost, a logistic cost, a support cost, a service cost etc. etc. etc. While some of these costs are variable costs many are fixed and will be there whether you sell 1 million phones or 1 phone. My guess is T-mobile has figured that it sells so few BB phones , that the revenue it generates from BB customers doesn't justify the cost of keeping the BB product line. No doubt that is why they tried the promotion encouraging people to switch. I think T-mobile made the decision to terminate the relationship with BB long ago around the time they offered that promotion. The annoucement today I think was a forgone conclusion
    04-02-14 07:45 PM
    Attachment 260296

Via CB10 from Scotland, while pretty stoned, using Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2947.
    This!

He was going to pay ppl to switch, and his company didn't police their sales people enough to know they were trashing BlackBerry (that's IF they didn't encourage the trashing themselves)

What a joke

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:52 PM
    Did you quote yourself for emphasis?

The supply cost is minimal when you don't stock in stores. The support for most smartphones is handled by all the same support staff, other than specialty support, in this case however they usually just mail the product back to BB. The service cost is there for all devices. You can try to make it sound like its costing them to support BlackBerry, but it isn't costing them anymore per phone than it is for any other phone. Half a million in sales is still half a million. Don't blow the costs of supporting different hardware out of proportion. At the end of the day they're all running on the same network with the same support staff.
    04-02-14 07:56 PM
    after the stupid decision they made last time on the blackberry trade in promotion you would think this guy would back off. Obviously he is out trying to make some cheap publicitiy for himself. Do everyone a favour Mr Legere and shut it. Permanently. your mouth that is.
    04-02-14 08:00 PM
    after the stupid decision they made last time on the blackberry trade in promotion you would think this guy would back off. Obviously he is out trying to make some cheap publicitiy for himself. Do everyone a favour Mr Legere and shut it. Permanently. your mouth that is.
    Not that serious.

04-02-14 08:13 PM
    I'm sure this has already been said but - love the irony of him tweeting about choice when BlackBerry customers couldn't even find phones in his stores because he refused to stock them. Thanks for the "choice".

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech, stlabrat and ghundiraj like this.
    04-02-14 08:20 PM
    It's amazing the amount of butthurt around here when someone like John Legere gives a dose of reality.
    Legere's version of "reality" is akin to someone hallucinating on mescaline arguing with a telephone pole.

Mescaline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Behavioral and non-behavioral effects[edit]

Mescaline induces a psychedelic state similar to those produced by LSD and psilocybin, but with unique characteristics. Subjective effects may include altered thinking processes, an altered sense of time and self-awareness, and closed- and open-eye visual phenomena.

Prominence of color is distinctive, appearing brilliant and intense.

Definitely altered thinking processes and distorted sense of self.

And NOW I know what explains that damn pink color!!!

While T-Mobile has not been the most respectful of Blackberry, the same has been true the other way around
    I can't wait to hear what sort of "disrespect" you think BlackBerry has been dishing out to T-Mobile. LOL

Everyone is bashing Blackberry all over tech sites such as theVerge and Engadget...
    OH NOES!! Perennial BlackBerry critics found a new excuse to bash the company and its users! BIG SURPRISE!
    RedFoxOne, stlabrat and ghundiraj like this.
    04-02-14 08:38 PM
    It's amazing the amount of butthurt around here when someone like John Legere gives a dose of reality.
    We are sitting here with popcorn waiting for the next tweet, so your butthurt detection circuitry seems kinda broken. Meanwhile, some CEO with a lot of time on his hands is tweeting a lot of ... butthurt. .
    Omnitech and ghundiraj like this.
    04-02-14 08:45 PM
    Legere is a front. He's the man they sent out to be the face of T-Mobile and he's very good at it, though people are now catching on.
    Omnitech, MADBRADNYC and ghundiraj like this.
    04-02-14 08:52 PM

Now that is an awesome collection of tweets.
    04-02-14 08:56 PM
    All I can say is, don't feed the...bird people.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 TMO US
    Omnitech and ghundiraj like this.
    04-02-14 08:56 PM
    They pulled the BlackBerry lineup from their website, and pulled all sorts of antics to damage the relationship between the companies.

Not to mention, t mobile's user base overwhelmingly rejects BlackBerry. Pointless to continue the business relationship.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-02-14 08:57 PM
    If someone can talk you out of buying something, you didn't want it really in the first place. If anyone's buying smart phones they should do research before hand first of all because smart phones cost a lot of money. Can't blame everything on the reps.

If someone doesn't understand the technology they are putting their trust onto these said reps, if the reps are steering them cause of bonuses for selling something else than what would suit them, then they will be talked out of it, research or not!!!!!! That's the way it is in all sales and service!!!!!!!

T-mobile reps were not helping the case, much like any of the American stores. T-mobile was just stupid and arrogant enough to get caught with a flyer!!!!! Now they lose a company working with them, have it in the media that they are difficult to work with, and lost market share with people tired of their arrogance!! Looks good on em!

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and spikesolie like this.
    04-02-14 08:59 PM
    The negociations could have went like this:
    Legere: "What do you have for upcoming devices?"
    Chen: "A refreshed Q10 with a belt. And another legacy device."
    Legere: "What about consumer advertising?"
    Chen: "Nothing planned."
    Legere: "Sales training & incentives?"
    Chen: "What is that?"

Legere would be thinking, "Is this guy for real?"
    Can we frame this post and put it on the wall of BB HQ?
    04-02-14 08:59 PM
262 ... 45678 ...