Man-child throws fit, news at 11.
    04-02-14 05:44 PM
    Looks like he's at it again. I thought his PR department would have banned him from twitter by now.

Attachment 260263

Via CB10 from Scotland, while pretty stoned, using Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2947.
    That is how they got into this mess - they thought they were innovators - but ultimately - innovators predict - their innovation will be popular - not tell people it will be good
    04-02-14 05:44 PM
    You seriously still don't get it ? T-mobile didn't give any choice when it came to BlackBerry devices... that "deal" to get off the platform certainly helped BlackBerry alot.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    If it was not selling what can they do besides let it go little by little. Not trolling being serious. T-Mobile already has the smallest user base of the big four.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Rello and kbz1960 like this.
    04-02-14 05:49 PM
    If it was not selling what can they do besides let it go little by little. Not trolling being serious. T-Mobile already has the smallest user base of the big four.

This is exactly what I was going to reply. They did give choice Dave. No one wanted it. Look I'm not saying it was right of Tmobile to send out emails only to BlackBerry users to get them to switch but at the end of the day, all those people still had a choice of weather to switch or stay with BlackBerry did they not?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-02-14 05:59 PM
    Everyone has been bashing BlackBerry all over tech sites before John Chen came around. Legere has been a downright ***** on social media. Truth or not, you don't talk like that about business partners on social media. What he has to say now doesn't matter. He gave some hollow apology and then threw the fact that 90% of people who took their deal ditched BlackBerry. Even though it ran for, what, a week? It was a stupid thing to say about a struggling business partner.
    And what about John Chen calling iPhone users "wall huggers"? That is a direct insult to the end users of that platform and much worse than what Legere said. Using your own standards, you must also say that John Chen is an **** then.

If you want my opinion I think both CEOs are ok and this whole thing is overblown.
    grydlok likes this.
    04-02-14 06:06 PM
    I supposed when BlackBerry drops its next US carrier (likely Sprint) you'll again say everything is fine.
    Well, they may focus on carriers that are loyal and support BlackBerry for years.
    More, direct sales may be the proper way to go. In Europe, more and more customers make the calculation and subsidized devices appears to be much more costy at the end of the engagement period than an unlocked device with a (discounted or not) carrier plan.

For enterprises, specifically, J. Sims did mention they were looking at channels very closely. I won't blame them for chasing all "unwanted extra costs" (negociated ASP) and get rid of the "men in the middle" (carriers). Paradoxally, at current level of sales, this might be the perfect timing to do so. Let's wait for shopBlackBerry.com to come in Europe ...
    We might then see something new here, like direct sales where you can attach carrier offers ... (<= 100% speculation)

I'll applause some creativity here.
    04-02-14 06:18 PM
    This is exactly what I was going to reply. They did give choice Dave. No one wanted it. Look I'm not saying it was right of Tmobile to send out emails only to BlackBerry users to get them to switch but at the end of the day, all those people still had a choice of weather to switch or stay with BlackBerry did they not?

Posted via CB10

seriously?
    question: how ANYONE would be able to buy a phone, when representatives tell you: BB is dead/out of business and we do not stock phones.

guys, tmo were not selling. they weren't even trying.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-02-14 06:18 PM
    There is a cost involved for BlackBerry to continue support T-mobile.

I am sure with the "failed" launch of BB10 in the US, BlackBerry burnt off a lot of their advertisement $ there.

Without considering any special promotions with advertisement money or sales staff bonuses, BlackBerry would still have to pay a lot to maintain relationship with T-mobile.

They have to brand the phones for the company (T-mobile logos, boxes).

They have to brand the OS for the company. Make sure features like Wifi Calling works. There is a development cost involved.

They have to handle any RMAs (returns) and replacement devices (branded).

They have to submit the phones to all their network tests. Repeatively if they have multiple updates.

All of which costs money.

T-mobile is already trying to reduce their costs too.

No store inventory (online only).

No sales education.

Given that T-mobile is trying to convert BlackBerry users to alternatives, I would think there was a plan that this agreement wouldn't have continued in the first place.

So in reality, the two couples were already separated and this is just the divorce papers.
    TGR1, Omnitech and ghundiraj like this.
    04-02-14 06:19 PM
    And what about John Chen calling iPhone users "wall huggers"? That is a direct insult to the end users of that platform and much worse than what Legere said. Using your own standards, you must also say that John Chen is an **** then.

If you want my opinion I think both CEOs are ok and this whole thing is overblown.
    I'm waiting for Apple to announce they broke partnership with BlackBerry because Chen called iPhone users wall huggers... man your logic is golden

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    ghundiraj likes this.
    04-02-14 06:20 PM

There's a very big difference when taking pot shots at ones direct competition vs a business partner.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 06:21 PM
    Blackberry is getting out of the consumer market, at least the same one Apple and Samsung are in. They are not now selling to these people. Thus, I don't think it will negatively effect them. They have different plans.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-02-14 06:23 PM
    There's a very big difference when taking pot shots at ones direct competition vs a business partner.

Posted via CB10
    Apple is a business partner with QNX.
    Jerry Hildenbrand likes this.
    04-02-14 06:24 PM

It wasn't selling because everytime someone's asks for one they get diverted to Apple or Samsung. It's not hard to kill a platform this way.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 06:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Where was the Q5 and Z30 ? We're the reps trained and knew how to use BB10? doubt it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 06:30 PM
    T-Mobile CEO dissing BlackBerry on Twitter!-subscribed.jpg

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys and RedFoxOne like this.
    04-02-14 06:30 PM
    I think we can all agree that Jack Dorsey is an a$$hole for ever *inventing* twitter.

Instant broadcast, not enough context.

It will surely lead to the next world war.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 06:40 PM
    seriously?
    question: how ANYONE would be able to buy a phone, when representatives tell you: BB is dead/out of business and we do not stock phones.

I see your point but let me ask u, why is it that when people come to crackberry and complain about a certain device and have a legit complaint. People say that they shouldve done their research on the device and they would've known what they were getting, yet that same principle doesn't apply when they are going into the store to buy a BB. It's not hard for people to find out that although the company is in bad shape, they aren't going out of business. Regardless of what they were told, they still had the choice of leaving or staying with the platform. I was asked at least three times if I wanted to trade in my Z10 when I switched over to Tmobile....guess what....still got my lovely white Z10 lol

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 06:45 PM
    My question was what did they have to offer T-Mobile? Not what do they have to gain or lose.
    You seem to have developed an anti BB position at some point, not sure why entirely. Simple answer 500,000 customers is 500,000 customers, is 500,000 customers. Not sure why anyone would **** on having half a million customers.

T-mo has a US user base of 46.7 Million. As quoted in the tweet, 1+% (using a + seems odd, no?) this amounts to approximately half a million subscribers. That is a substantial amount of income for any company, even if its not a majority.

The more you give up on 1% of your user base the smaller that user base becomes until 1% of your userbase is the same as 100% of your user base. If you don't follow, if you treat your customers wrong and give up on them, eventually you'll have no customers left.
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    04-02-14 06:50 PM
    Where was the Q5 and Z30 ? We're the reps trained and knew how to use BB10? doubt it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Q5 wasn't released in the US and the Z30 was only picked up by Verizon. U probably right that sales people were barely trained for BB10 but the choice was still there. They released 10.2.1 before everyone except for that limited verizon rollout that happened for a day.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 06:50 PM
    Q5 wasn't released in the US and the Z30 was only picked up by Verizon. U probably right that sales people were barely trained for BB10 but the choice was still there. They released 10.2.1 before everyone except for that limited verizon rollout that happened for a day.

Posted via CB10
    They were still extremely late on the global stage.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 06:51 PM
    seriously?

If someone can talk you out of buying something, you didn't want it really in the first place. If anyone's buying smart phones they should do research before hand first of all because smart phones cost a lot of money. Can't blame everything on the reps.

Rello and JeepBB like this.
    04-02-14 06:52 PM
    the usual suspects chime in to call john legere a variety of names and preach that everyone's unfair to blackberry, forgetting at the end of the day, it's all business, blackberry fans taking this wayy to personally.
    techvisor and JeepBB like this.
    04-02-14 06:53 PM
    Do you always start to look for a flame war? You do this every ****in time.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    You use a lot of ********'s in your posts.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    richardat and JeepBB like this.
    04-02-14 06:53 PM
    Prior to 10.2.1 the products were bad, when compared to Winmo/iOS/android high end devices.

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk
    Pretty amazing how it has gone from worse to best, in under a year.....

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 06:54 PM
    Yep...

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk
    You know we're discussing phones and not desktop operating systems when discussing windows right?
    04-02-14 06:54 PM
262 ... 34567 ...