So what could BlackBerry have possibly offered T-Mobile in a new agreement? Because on the surface it seems like they don't have much to offer.
    It's not about what they had to offer, if T-Mobile was the one that decided not to renew the deal, then they would be coming out saying that they are going to offer alternatives for BlackBerry users, not by basically saying it doesn't matter that they lost BlackBerry because they have less than 1% market share.

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    04-02-14 03:34 PM
    BlackBerry seems to be focusing on AT&T and Verizon, but mostly Verizon.
    And rightfully so. I think everyone has had enough of this overgrown child..(this post was not intended to insult children).

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    04-02-14 03:34 PM
    I am so disgusted with all of this. I'm so angry that I just got my Q10 a few months ago. I would leave in a heartbeat if I could.

Blackberry Q10
    call AT&T to see if they have an promotions if you switch. you can sell you T Mobile on eBay and get a new AT&T for free possibly!
    04-02-14 03:35 PM
    This guy John Legere is the most childish CEO ever. SMH
    Omnitech and CerveloJohn like this.
    04-02-14 03:35 PM
    I don't care what Legere has to say now. All I see is that his yammering on Social media has hurt the business relationship between T-Mobile and BlackBerry. You don't tell the world that 90% of customers ditched a business partner. It doesn't matter if it is truth. It is a hurtful thing to do to a business partner. I see BlackBerry standing up for itself and Legere continue to be a punk about it on twitter. Seriously? Who needs enemies when you have friends like that? Legere is the fool here. Even if it looks like this move hurts BlackBerry, in the end it is probably best if the ties are cut. BlackBerry can now focus their already stretched carrier support on one less US carrier.
    04-02-14 03:37 PM
    Even if it looks like this move hurts BlackBerry, in the end it is probably best if the ties are cut. BlackBerry can now focus their already stretched carrier support on one less US carrier.
    BlackBerry reduced their current and potential subscribers US national carrier choices by 25% with a single press release. Not sure how that can be turned into a positive.
    techvisor and kbz1960 like this.
    04-02-14 03:45 PM
    OMG, nothing from Legere posted in this thread qualifies as "dissing". While T-Mobile has not been the most respectful of Blackberry, the same has been true the other way around and Legere's recent comments are rather mild. Saying that Blackberry is 1% of the T-Mobile userbase in response to an inquiry about "estimate revisions" is simply clarification stating the truth that is not altogether unnecessary given the event's relevancy to Deutsche Telekom investors.

Everyone is bashing Blackberry all over tech sites such as theVerge and Engadget because John Chen and fans have been acting so poorly. This community needs to self reflect.
    Everyone has been bashing BlackBerry all over tech sites before John Chen came around. Legere has been a downright ***** on social media. Truth or not, you don't talk like that about business partners on social media. What he has to say now doesn't matter. He gave some hollow apology and then threw the fact that 90% of people who took their deal ditched BlackBerry. Even though it ran for, what, a week? It was a stupid thing to say about a struggling business partner.
    04-02-14 03:46 PM
    Legere has been a downright ***** on social media. Truth or not, you don't talk like that about business partners on social media. What he has to say now doesn't matter. He gave some hollow apology and then threw the fact that 90% of people who took their deal ditched BlackBerry. Even though it ran for, what, a week? It was a stupid thing to say about a struggling business partner.
    But, as pointed out previously, nothing he's said has been false.
    techvisor likes this.
    04-02-14 03:51 PM
    Everyone has been bashing BlackBerry all over tech sites before John Chen came around. Legere has been a downright ***** on social media. Truth or not, you don't talk like that about business partners on social media. What he has to say now doesn't matter. He gave some hollow apology and then threw the fact that 90% of people who took their deal ditched BlackBerry. Even though it ran for, what, a week? It was a stupid thing to say about a struggling business partner.
    What exactly did he say that was offensive to a business partner? Truthfully, who started the public scatfight?

What I think is that John Chen is a much more savvy user of social engineering than I gave him credit for. And not because I think Legere was in the wrong.
    04-02-14 03:52 PM
    BlackBerry reduced their current and potential subscribers US national carrier choices by 25% with a single press release. Not sure how that can be turned into a positive.
    The whole thing is a big mess. Nothing really positive about it, but at some point you must make a stand against that kind of very unprofessional bull crap. Especially coming from a business partner. Chen has been the more professional CEO IMO. And really cutting out one carrier is not hurting them much more than they already are. It's a tough choice but you can't please everyone all the time. Legere made his allegiances clear.
    Thesmartmale and ghundiraj like this.
    04-02-14 03:54 PM
    Regardless, when in business with someone, you don't go publicly taking jabs at them. It's not like BB is a competitor like the other carriers he takes jabs at, it's a company that they made a contract with.
    It's safe to say everyone just needs to move on. Clearly if their business interests do not align, it's not like either has anything else to gain by keeping a relationship on life support.

BlackBerry has an uphill battle but working thru their issues. T-Mobile has other priorities with their other 99%.

No one ever knows all the details on how these business relationships are set up and why they go sour. So for those that like and use BlackBerry, great...let's stick with it. All the noise from critics and media will not go away until things change dramatically anyway. News like this just get a lot of press because it's low hanging fruit for critics who like to say "I told you so".
    So what could BlackBerry have possibly offered T-Mobile in a new agreement? Because on the surface it seems like they don't have much to offer.
    Are you blind? T-mobile intentionally setup a deal to get people off the BlackBerry platform... limiting stocks on BB10 devices, not providing Z30 etc....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 03:57 PM
    Are you blind? T-mobile intentionally setup a deal to get people off the BlackBerry platform... limiting stocks on BB10 devices, not providing Z30 etc...
    That doesn't answer my question.
    techvisor and mikeo007 like this.
    04-02-14 04:00 PM
    Yes it does. It means BlackBerry isn't gaining anything by sticking with t-mobile. There is no deal to be made....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 04:06 PM
    Makes no difference. Me saying "truth or not" was based on what anyone else thinks. I didn't say it was not the truth, but it is still a damning thing to say on social media.

What exactly did he say that was offensive to a business partner? Truthfully, who started the public scatfight?

What I think is that John Chen is a much more savvy user of social engineering than I gave him credit for. And not because I think Legere was in the wrong.
    John Chen made it public when he called out T-Mobile for their email to T-Mobile BlackBerry customers. The point is Legere "apologized" and gave ALL T-Mobile customers a week to give ANY OLD BlackBerry for a new phone of their choice. Then when 99% of those new phones were not BlackBerry phones, which was bound to happen considering they only sold them online anyway, he decided it was best to shove that statistic in Chen's face. Is that really how a CEO should act? I don't think so. How he continues to carry himself and his business is, well, some would say brash or bold, but it is also unprofessional.
    04-02-14 04:07 PM
    Yes it does. It means BlackBerry isn't gaining anything by sticking with t-mobile. There is no deal to be made...
    My question was what did they have to offer T-Mobile? Not what do they have to gain or lose.
    techvisor likes this.
    04-02-14 04:08 PM
    If he sides with the customers, he should have push the 10.2.1 update earlier than he should have.
    I.
    I though that the reason T-mobile didnt push 10.2.1 earlier was that the generic 1925 leak killed wifi calling ( one of the few advantages of T-mobile) and what does it say that the only GSM carrier left, still hasnt pushed it (AT&T).

for a company that pulled BB handsets from their retail stores like 6 months ago, why would they spend a dime on trying to fix WFC ( which they did) if he wasnt siding with customers ?

Business relationships come to an end sometimes, T-mobile could have invoked the AT&T mute excuse, never pushed 10.2.1 and then the people who have BB on T-mobile would be perpetually stuck on 10.1 ( uless they want to load a leak).

I'm not saying that there were not bad actors in this, and even with the submarining of existing BB customers by enticing them to switch, those that didnt still got the update. Not related to BB but of all of the carriers, T-mobile is the one that gives its customers the most choices.
    04-02-14 04:11 PM
    Isn't Legere the one out on Twitter stating choice is best? If he truly believed that, BlackBerry shouldn't be having to "offer" them anything outside of joint marketing dollars and device/software support. Seeing how TMO has been on an anti BB train for a while (yes, I know it's not just them but they've been the only ones to be public on social media about it), it's clear they weren't bringing anything to the table to benefit BB.

As I stated in another thread, it's not cool to lose/cut loose a carrier partner, but this was a relationship that has been toxic for a while.

And one more thing.... seeing as enterprise is the main focus for a while, and TMO is mainly consumer driven, as per Chen's statement yesterday, their plans don't align.

None of us were anywhere near the discussions and none of us know what either side was asking for or offering. To say definitively what happened and why, is ridiculous, but one thing is clear, Legere doesn't really care.
    04-02-14 04:13 PM
    Just saw this:

Attachment 260276

So in one Tweet he claims BlackBerry doesn't want to give their customers choices.

But as seen above, he basically writes off BlackBerry users as insignificant.

Do you care about BlackBerry or not, Mr. Legere? Because your actions and the actions of your company are speaking louder than your words, here.
    Is that what you got from his tweet? You're misled. He isn't saying that Blackberry customers are insignificant, he's saying the effect on Tmobile's stock price and financials will be negligible.
    techvisor and richardat like this.
    04-02-14 04:14 PM
    Is that what you got from his tweet? You're misled. He isn't saying that Blackberry customers are insignificant, he's saying the effect on Tmobile's stock price and financials will be negligible.
    Sure. That's how you want it to be interpreted. This doesn't translate well in a public tweet...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    ghundiraj likes this.
    04-02-14 04:17 PM
    but one thing is clear, Legere doesn't really care.
    Exactly. The funny part is I don't think John Chen does either. BlackBerry is already down and out in the USA. This isn't going to make things worse. It might make things a bit harder but not much.
    04-02-14 04:17 PM
    Are you blind? T-mobile intentionally setup a deal to get people off the BlackBerry platform... limiting stocks on BB10 devices, not providing Z30 etc....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    From anecdotal evidence here on CRackberry, it's not like AT&T and Verizon stores are brimming with stock of Blackberry devices either. Sprint doesn't even carry the Z30 or the Z10. So by your logic, BB should part ways with Sprint too, for example?
    04-02-14 04:19 PM
    If I were a shareholder, I'd be more upset as their chances at grabbing a large (security conscious) corporate account just got severely hindered.
    ghundiraj likes this.
    04-02-14 04:19 PM
    T-Mobile:

Before the promo: Z10's and Q10's were not available in most stores, Z30 wasn't available at all, only the Q10 was available online
    During the promo: Z10's and Q10's were not available in most stores, Z30 wasn't available at all, Z10's and Q10's were available online, free expedited next day shipping was provided free of charge
    After the promo: 10.2.1 released to Z10's and Q10's

AT&T:

Before the promo: No Z30
    During the promo: No Z30
    After the promo: No 10.2.1

Sprint:

Before the promo: No Z10 or Z30
    During the promo: No Z10 or Z30
    After the promo: No 10.2.1

T-Mobile did budge. AT&T and Sprint, while being professional, quietly did *nothing*. Is that better?
    bbq10l and JeepBB like this.
    04-02-14 04:21 PM
262 12345 ...