Have you guys send an email to Mr. Chen that t-mobile BlackBerry users want the z30?
    I think if we send enough emails he'll listen to the BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    If he were rational he would have never cut off T-Mobile. Then the BlackBerry fans could have asked t-mobile to carry the Z30.

Chen said he wants to make money then pisses off loyal BlackBerry customers.

By the way. Why can't I get the 100 dollar discount to get a Q5 for 150 dollars? That is the price it should be anyway.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    04-05-14 12:34 AM
    Only difference between AT&T and T-Mobile is 1. T-M went after BB customers and that wasn't cool. 2. T-Mobile came out with the 10.2.1 update and AT&T just keeps telling customers "we are testing" and they say nothing else. I am a customer of AT&T and if I was a T-M customer at least I would know where the company stands. With AT&T they could be silently telling BB to take a hike off a short pier and the consumer would never know. 10 months of "testing" without an update release doesn't sound very supportive either. So for GSM customers in the U.S.A. there is not much to be excited about. Thankfully BB is starting to sell the Z30 direct and maybe they are manufacturing some models to sell direct to AT&T customers some time in the coming months. We can always hope so!
    Funny thing about that Tmobile promotion that started all of this. A whole lot of people stated that they were pissed off, but only 2 people that I could find on Crackberry stated that they received it. I did I thread on how many received it and I didn't get anyone respond that they received it.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 01:02 AM
    Funny thing about that Tmobile promotion that started all of this. A whole lot of people stated that they were pissed off, but only 2 people that I could find on Crackberry stated that they received it. I did I thread on how many received it and I didn't get anyone respond that they received it.

Posted via CB10
    Man that's so true. I never got any promotion to stop using BlackBerry. What I have gotten is a text and an email saying I was a valued BlackBerry customer.

And I've gotten OTA updates while AT&T and Verizon and Sprint are back in the stone age. Even got wifi calling.

If not for Chen I'm sure I'd have wifi information for the Z30.

04-05-14 01:32 AM
    Not sure what difference this is going to make...other than generate more "buzz" one way or the other.

As Madonna once said, "The only bad press is no press..."
    04-05-14 10:12 AM
    Then the BlackBerry fans could have asked t-mobile to carry the Z30.
    And again, how do you know BlackBerry already ask them to carry it? The -5 has been out for how long now?

And fans have been long asking TMO to carry it. Just search through these forums.

By the way. Why can't I get the 100 dollar discount to get a Q5 for 150 dollars? That is the price it should be anyway.
    What are you trying to say, exactly? The Q5 should be $150, or that there should be a $100 discount on it? Because the recent $100 discount did apply to the Q5 as well, bringing it from $350 to $250.

Man that's so true. I never got any promotion to stop using BlackBerry. What I have gotten is a text and an email saying I was a valued BlackBerry customer.
    I hope you and the person you quoted are not doubting that these switch-away emails were sent...

If not for Chen I'm sure I'd have wifi information for the Z30.
    Now this is interesting. Assuming by 'wifi information' you mean 'wifi calling,' you think it's BlackBerry's fault that it isn't available for the Z30? If so, got any evidence to back that up?
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    04-05-14 02:36 PM
    They Told me they are considering no longer selling it with the problems customers been having I can not get decent tech support for my Q10
    04-05-14 07:38 PM
    Now this is interesting. Assuming by 'wifi information' you mean 'wifi calling,' you think it's BlackBerry's fault that it isn't available for the Z30? If so, got any evidence to back that up?
    I'm curious as to how Wi-Fi Calling is implemented. We know that the network hooks are out there and that some Androids, the Z10 and Q10 on T-Mobile work with it. We know that BlackBerry is responsible for the OS and the Wi-Fi Calling app is just a toggle, not the actual Wi-Fi Calling implementation itself. (After I wiped my Q10 recently, Wi-Fi Calling was on when it came back up, but no Wi-Fi Calling app was on the device. I had to download it.) This must mean the Wi-Fi Calling mechanism is in the OS distributed by T-Mobile.

Does someone have an unlocked BlackBerry-purchased Z10/Q10 on T-Mobile that can test something?

- If you got the update from T-Mobile, do you have Wi-Fi Calling?
    - If you got the update from BlackBerry via wi-fi, do you have Wi-Fi Calling?

Ultimately, it's a question for BlackBerry and T-Mobile.
    04-05-14 08:40 PM
    I'm curious as to how Wi-Fi Calling is implemented. We know that the network hooks are out there and that some Androids, the Z10 and Q10 on T-Mobile work with it. We know that BlackBerry is responsible for the OS and the Wi-Fi Calling app is just a toggle, not the actual Wi-Fi Calling implementation itself. (After I wiped my Q10 recently, Wi-Fi Calling was on when it came back up, but no Wi-Fi Calling app was on the device. I had to download it.) This must mean the Wi-Fi Calling mechanism is in the OS distributed by T-Mobile.

Does someone have an unlocked BlackBerry-purchased Z10/Q10 on T-Mobile that can test something?

T-Mobile here in US.
    Have the STL100-1 with the latest update. Wifi calling does not work. Am I going to die without wifi-calling?
    04-05-14 09:21 PM
    This post does a pretty good job of explaining of how it's controlled.

There are posts in the forums where people who bought the factory unlocked Z10s and Q10s downloaded the TMO OS builds and got WiFi calling.

If it was a non-TMO build, then they wouldn't have had it because TMO wouldn't recognize it--like on the Z30, but also 10.2.1 OTA/Sachesi/autoloader builds that people had installed on their Z10s and Q10s.

Agreed. It's probably not that hard to port WFC, but they would need to work together to allow it on the Z30.
    04-05-14 10:09 PM
    This post does a pretty good job of explaining of how it's controlled.
    The post says that all BlackBerry radio files have Wi-Fi Calling baked in and it's only a matter for the carrier to recognize the IMEI. It sounds like when Z10's and Q10's are connected to T-Mobile, their IMEI's are broadcast and recognized? The Z30's IMEI isn't recognized at this point? If that's the case, then Z30 owners need to get T-Mobile admins to allow their IMEI's.
    04-05-14 10:32 PM
    The post says that all BlackBerry radio files have Wi-Fi Calling baked in and it's only a matter for the carrier to recognize the IMEI. It sounds like when Z10's and Q10's are connected to T-Mobile, their IMEI's are broadcast and recognized? The Z30's IMEI isn't recognized at this point? If that's the case, then Z30 owners need to get T-Mobile admins to allow their IMEI's.
    The IMEI part--an atypical requirement--was in reply to a guy who was on a whitelist for WiFi calling testing. The normal requirement (on TMO's end) is the radio version they decide to green light at their server level.
    04-06-14 12:01 AM
    And again, how do you know BlackBerry already ask them to carry it? The -5 has been out for how long now?

And fans have been long asking TMO to carry it. Just search through these forums.

What are you trying to say, exactly? The Q5 should be $150, or that there should be a $100 discount on it? Because the recent $100 discount did apply to the Q5 as well, bringing it from $350 to $250.

I hope you and the person you quoted are not doubting that these switch-away emails were sent...

I'm saying that we were given a 100 off code for Q5. The Q5 is listed for 250. The 100 dollar off code works for Q10 and Z10 but not the Q5. If Q5 were 150 I'd buy one. And really that is where it should be priced anyway.

Just my opinion.

04-06-14 02:03 AM
    I did just see a quote on Twitter today from someone in T-Mobile that they had ample inventory supply of BlackBerry products and that they would investigate continuing to get BlackBerry products to T-Mobile customers who wanted them.

I just feel like all of this has been mishandled. I think that the Z30 should have been made available via subsidized plans on every US carrier, including T-Mo. I think that the Z50 should also be sold subsidized on every US carrier, also including T-Mo. That's how you sell phones.

T-Mobile came through with the upgrade to 10.2.1, with a wifi calling update, while some other carriers were lagging behind, so let's not forget that. BlackBerry should kiss and make up with T-Mo, beginning with the announcement that all BlackBerry phones will be available subsidized, including Z30 and Z50 models.

Note: Nokia tried the same exclusivity approach with AT&T with some of its top Lumia phones and failed miserably, I hope BlackBerry doesn't repeat the error.

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-06-14 02:54 AM
    I'm saying that we were given a 100 off code for Q5. The Q5 is listed for 250. The 100 dollar off code works for Q10 and Z10 but not the Q5. If Q5 were 150 I'd buy one. And really that is where it should be priced anyway.
    The US shopblackberry.com has the Q5 for $349 and the code takes the price down to $249 (just tried it). I think that's where the confusion is.
    raino likes this.
    04-06-14 05:33 AM
    Note: Nokia tried the same exclusivity approach with AT&T with some of its top Lumia phones and failed miserably, I hope BlackBerry doesn't repeat the error.
    Palm and Sprint... another prime example...
    04-06-14 05:35 AM
    The US shopblackberry.com has the Q5 for $349 and the code takes the price down to $249 (just tried it). I think that's where the confusion is.
    You're right. A few days ago though the price was marked down to 249 (I guess for everyone) so that must be why they didn't take the code for 100 off.

I think the specs for the Q5 put it at 150 dollars. I got my first 8520 for 150 and eventually they even went down to 99.

You'd think they'd want to get these phones out to the public.

04-06-14 07:02 AM
    I did just see a quote on Twitter today from someone in T-Mobile that they had ample inventory supply of BlackBerry products and that they would investigate continuing to get BlackBerry products to T-Mobile customers who wanted them.

I just feel like all of this has been mishandled. I think that the Z30 should have been made available via subsidized plans on every US carrier, including T-Mo. I think that the Z50 should also be sold subsidized on every US carrier, also including T-Mo. That's how you sell phones.

T-Mobile came through with the upgrade to 10.2.1, with a wifi calling update, while some other carriers were lagging behind, so let's not forget that. BlackBerry should kiss and make up with T-Mo, beginning with the announcement that all BlackBerry phones will be available subsidized, including Z30 and Z50 models.

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    Agree with how this was mishandled. Agree with your whole post actually.

eyesopen1111 likes this.
    04-06-14 07:03 AM
42 12