Looks like they are trying to make peace with us...just got this email from John Legere (not) after my email yesterday from John Chen (form letter!) hehe

T-Mobile Attempts Peace with its BlackBerry Users?-tmomakespeace.png
    04-04-14 05:52 PM
    Where does that "latest devices" link take you to? I bet it's not the Z30.

T-Mobile is looking after T-Mobile, which is fine. But they shouldn't pretend to cater to BB users who new want BB devices.
    bungaboy and geekaren like this.
    04-04-14 05:54 PM
    Looks like they are trying to make peace with us...just got this email from John Legere (not) after my email yesterday from John Chen (form letter!) hehe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmomakespeace.png 
Views:	1527 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	260771

Yup - I just got it too...
    04-04-14 05:57 PM

T-Mobile is looking after T-Mobile, which is fine. But they shouldn't pretend to cater to BB users who new want BB devices.
    You're of course right. Thought the email was ironic. Pretense is what it is. Link takes you to a $100 offer on any phone.

And the attached link, too...from "John Legere" himself (stock photo and everything!)

T-Mobile Attempts Peace with its BlackBerry Users?-legere.png
    04-04-14 06:01 PM

Where link goes....

T-Mobile Attempts Peace with its BlackBerry Users?-more.png
    04-04-14 06:04 PM
    More on the $100 offer

T-Mobile Attempts Peace with its BlackBerry Users?-100bucks.png
    04-04-14 06:06 PM
    They're trying hard to move the BlackBerry fans onto new devices. They don't want to deal with BlackBerry anymore.

*Any phone except BlackBerry. Because we don't have any.

Posted via CB10
    anthrogirl likes this.
    04-04-14 06:07 PM
    They're trying hard to move the BlackBerry fans onto new devices. They don't want to deal with BlackBerry anymore.

*Any phone except BlackBerry. Because we don't have any.

Posted via CB10
    On his letter, he does state you can get $100 on a Q10 or Z10...whatever that means-- I guess they can go through existing inventory. (see second to last paragraph above). Looks like you can upgrade by just bringing in an old blackberry...
    04-04-14 06:11 PM

I can't find the Z30 link on AT&T or Sprint... What are they pretending to be?

At this point, it's out of T-Mobile's hands to get the Z30. They might have caved in and started offering it as a peace offering, but there's no way that's going to happen with BlackBerry pulling their license.
    04-04-14 06:15 PM

At this point, it's out of T-Mobile's hands to get the Z30. They might have caved in and started offering it as a peace offering, but there's no way that's going to happen with BlackBerry pulling their license.
    Yeah, I don't think one should expect the Z30...never had it, never will at this point...just clearing their old inventory-- they had to do it-- who would buy them singularly or en masses without some WORD ir incentive from TMOB...sigh...
    04-04-14 06:18 PM
    Just received a text from Tmo.

T-Mobile Attempts Peace with its BlackBerry Users?-img_20140404_191857.png
    The link takes you here http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/100-do...customers.html
    Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 06:20 PM
    Mr. Chen should offer Tmo customers, like me, the Z30 with a discounted price...keep us from jumping to another platform. Z10 is already in my pocket and an offer of a $100 for what I already have or for any other platform...people will jump ship.
    Gykesdollars likes this.
    04-04-14 06:32 PM
    Still waiting for my email from Mr. Chen...*sigh* am I not on the BlackBerry roster anymore?! lol

TMO: Psst! BlackBerry User! Take $50 off a new iPhone!

BlackBerry: Uh that's not kosher...

TMO: Oh you didn't want a new iPhone? OK here's $200 here for a new device or $250 for a BlackBerry!

BlackBerry: That's still a no no senior! We're taking our agreement and giving your BlackBerry users a $100 for a new BlackBerry from us!

TMO: Well then...I see your raise with $100 here for any new device!

Who knew using a BlackBerry on TMo would rain all these discounts. At this rate I should have a bunch of new phones on top of the Q10 I won off BBM.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 06:47 PM
    Have you guys send an email to Mr. Chen that t-mobile BlackBerry users want the z30?
    I think if we send enough emails he'll listen to the BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 06:54 PM
    Still waiting for my email from Mr. Chen...*sigh* am I not on the BlackBerry roster anymore?! lol

TMO: Psst! BlackBerry User! Take $50 off a new iPhone!

BlackBerry: Uh that's not kosher...

TMO: Oh you didn't want a new iPhone? OK here's $200 here for a new device or $250 for a BlackBerry!

BlackBerry: That's still a no no senior! We're taking our agreement and giving your BlackBerry users a $100 for a new BlackBerry from us!

TMO: Well then...I see your raise with $100 here for any new device!

Who knew using a BlackBerry on TMo would rain all these discounts. At this rate I should have a bunch of new phones on top of the Q10 I won off BBM.

Posted via CB10
    That rustling sound you hear is folks countrywide searching their drawers for old blackberries to trade-in for... something... I might get a back-up Q10 for one of the old things I have in my signature below (man, hope I find that thumbwheel one-- worth the look on a TMO staffer's face when I bring that in and say, upgrade me! Maybe I can bring a cane and speak very loudly like an old man...)
    04-04-14 06:59 PM
    That rustling sound you hear is folks countrywide searching their drawers for old blackberries to trade-in for... something... I might get a back-up Q10 for one of the old things I have in my signature below (man, hope I find that thumbwheel one-- worth the look on a TMO staffer's face when I bring that in and say, upgrade me! Maybe I can bring a cane and speak very loudly like an old man...)
    Hah hah. Ask them for a hands on preview of the phone. Or show you how to use it since according to people most BlackBerry users are old.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 07:06 PM
    Hah hah. Ask them for a hands on preview of the phone. Or show you how to use it since according to people most BlackBerry users are old.

Posted via CB10
    With fine print:

Offer for current customers using BlackBerry devices as of 4/3/14. Offer expires 12/31/14; subject to change. Offer for phone upgrades only. Limit one discount per customer; individual accounts only. Not available in Puerto Rico. Discount provided in form of bill credit within 90 days; discount cannot exceed amount paid for phone. Fastest 4G LTE: Based on download speeds. Capable device and qualifying service required for 4G LTE. JUMP!: Qualifying service plan with financed device required. Pay 50% of your device cost to be eligible for upgrades.

Not sure Family Plans count, and also, not sure you need to bring in a phone. I guess they'll know you were a "user..." easily confirmed...
    04-04-14 07:46 PM
    Do you know T-Mobile is currently creating more 'marketing' and 'blitz' that BlackBerry at the moment? I don't understand why BlackBerry on a whole aren't simply marketing themselves and the devices to the hilt. Honestly.
    jh07 likes this.
    04-04-14 08:04 PM
    Are they talking out of both sides of their mouth too, figuratively speaking? And have you seen this? That's how you pander to a group

Wait a minute...now it's too late? Why? They didn't have a 100% compatible model available all this time? Oh wait...
    04-04-14 08:40 PM
    Are they talking out of both sides of their mouth too, figuratively speaking? And have you seen this? That's how you pander to a group
    I've heard about this deal but didn't examine it fully until now and it looks to be the same as T-Mobile's. $0 down and $100 off on a BlackBerry device via bill credit. AT&T's Z10 and Q10 prices are significantly cheaper, so that's a big plus (if you don't already have one), but AT&T doesn't carry the Z30 either. AT&T still doesn't have 10.2.1, which isn't good for the average consumer.

In sum: For the BlackBerry fan, no Z30, the latest, like on T-Mobile. For the average consumer, no 10.2.1, worse than T-Mobile. For those upgrading from BBOS7, cheaper Z10 and Q10, better than T-Mobile.

Wait a minute...now it's too late? Why? They didn't have a 100% compatible model available all this time? Oh wait...
    They /could/ have done something earlier, yes, but at this point, they won't have a license to sell Z30's after April 25th. That was my point about it being too late. If BlackBerrry hadn't pulled the license, perhaps they, T-Mobile, *could* have been coerced into carrying the Z30 to make amends.

We know the full LTE AT&T compatible version (-1) of the Z30 passed FCC approval, but it hasn't shown up. AT&T hasn't made waves, like T-Mobile, but it certainly isn't keeping up with having the latest hardware or OS.
    04-04-14 09:04 PM
    I've heard about this deal but didn't examine it fully until now and it looks to be the same as T-Mobile's. $0 down and $100 off on a BlackBerry device via bill credit.
    TMO's offer actually applies to any new device, it's very clear in the wording (emphasis mine: )

we�re offering a $100 credit toward any new device, including the BlackBerry Q10 or the Z10
    Plus if it did not, how could they keep the offer "good through the end of the year" if their BB license expires at the end of this month?

It's possible AT&T's offer could be available for other devices as well, but the language is much tighter. TMO's is very clear--any device.

In sum: For the BlackBerry fan, no Z30, the latest, like on T-Mobile. For the average consumer, no 10.2.1, worse than T-Mobile. For those upgrading from BBOS7, cheaper Z10 and Q10, better than T-Mobile.
    Fair assessment, at the moment.

They /could/ have done something earlier, yes, but at this point, they won't have a license to sell Z30's after April 25th. That was my point about it being too late. If BlackBerrry didn't pull the license, perhaps they, T-Mobile, *could* have been coerced into carrying the Z30 to make amends.
    How do you know BB didn't try to coerce them into carrying it during final negotiations, or even before?

AT&T hasn't made waves, like T-Mobile, but it certainly isn't keeping up with having the latest hardware or OS.
    And again, nor are they speaking out of both sides of their mouth.
    04-04-14 09:16 PM
    TMO's offer actually applies to any new device, it's very clear in the wording (emphasis mine: )
    True. And that may have been to solve the problem of not being able to offer BlackBerry's past April 25th *and* the criticism that the original BlackBerry trade-in promo was too short lived, about 1.5 weeks.

Plus if it did not, how could they keep the offer "good through the end of the year" if their BB license expires at the end of this month?
    Either they get to keep selling until inventory runs out or they get to return the inventory to BlackBerry. It would be amazing if the license ran out and they're forced to eat the cost of the inventory. (And if that were the case, I can't wait to see really cheap T-Mobile-branded Z10's and Q10's on some secondary market's firesale.)

Fair assessment, at the moment.
    If AT&T begins to offer 10.2.1, then they're as good as T-Mobile in OS support. If the Z30 comes out, well, I'll certainly agree that they're better than T-Mobile.

How do you know BB didn't try to coerce them into carrying it during final negotiations, or even before?
    We don't. We don't even know if there was a final negotiation. BlackBerry's posting made it sound like it was their decision alone.

And again, nor are they speaking out of both sides of their mouth.
    Understood.
    04-04-14 09:43 PM
    Only difference between AT&T and T-Mobile is 1. T-M went after BB customers and that wasn't cool. 2. T-Mobile came out with the 10.2.1 update and AT&T just keeps telling customers "we are testing" and they say nothing else. I am a customer of AT&T and if I was a T-M customer at least I would know where the company stands. With AT&T they could be silently telling BB to take a hike off a short pier and the consumer would never know. 10 months of "testing" without an update release doesn't sound very supportive either. So for GSM customers in the U.S.A. there is not much to be excited about. Thankfully BB is starting to sell the Z30 direct and maybe they are manufacturing some models to sell direct to AT&T customers some time in the coming months. We can always hope so!
    04-04-14 11:21 PM
    In my view it's Chen who is the reason for my not having a Z30 because of the ! #!*!+' exclusivity deal with Verizon and BlackBerry's related failure to get an expensive phone subsidized with each of the 4 major US carriers. That's what should have happened.

And, since it's already the 2nd quarter of 2014 and the Z50 is supposed to be coming out in Q3, the window of time for Chen to take action getting T-Mo customers Z30's seems small--we'll be upgrading soon anyways.

Once the Z50 is out the Z30 will drop in price, presumably, so that should help both Z30 availability and pricing for anyone who wants one.

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    04-05-14 12:29 AM
    In my view it's Chen who is the reason for my not having a Z30 because of the ! #!*!+' exclusivity deal with Verizon and BlackBerry's related failure to get an expensive phone subsidized with each of the 4 major US carriers. That's what should have happened.
    And, since it's already the 2nd quarter of 2014 and the Z50 is supposed to be coming out in Q3, the window of time for Chen to take action getting T-Mo customers Z30's seems small--we'll be upgrading soon anyways.
    Once the Z50 is out the Z30 will drop in price, presumably, so that should help both Z30 availability and pricing for anyone who wants one.
    Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    How in the world is it Chen's fault? Was he the CEO of BlackBerry when they released the Z30?

Last time I check BlackBerry are selling unlocked Z30 though shopBlackBerry because of Chen.
    04-05-14 12:32 AM
42 12