How many Americans actually watch or give a damn about the Winter Olympics? Not very many here in the Deep South.
    well if you want to be technical. There are more people in the Midwest and northern US living in snow in the winter months then all of Canada. Which gives you your answer.

Not to mention U.S. is insane with sport spending which I really wish Canada is taking some notes on that :P Since the U.S. revolves around sports which I like. What I'm getting at is U.S. is the only country that had 24/7 Olympic coverage with NBC and it's a sport juggernaut, so there must of been a big chunk of people watching it.

Again this is also not on topic :P
    Last edited by khehl; 02-24-14 at 06:57 PM.
    02-24-14 05:05 PM
    I had no trouble at all. I traded in a BlackBerry Curve 3g this morning and got an Alcatel Fierce, plus $40 credit to my monthly bill.

I think I may go swap it out for a Lumia though. The reviews on the Fierce were pretty rough on T-Mobile's website I found out later today...

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    02-24-14 06:36 PM
    I live in northern part of the US and people didn't pay attention to it much here either.
    well if you want to be technical. There are more people in the Midwest and northern US living in snow in the winter months then all of Canada. Which gives you your answer.

Not to mention U.S. is insane with sport spending which I really wish Canada is taking some notes on that :P Since the U.S. revolves around sports which I like. What I'm getting at is U.S. is the only country that had 24/7 Olympic coverage with NBC and it's a sport juggernaut, so there must of been a big chunk of people watching it.

02-24-14 07:52 PM
    My small business rep and local store are being great. My store has never sold a Z10 (sure wish they had a Z30), he did ask why I wanted a Z10, and when I told him I liked all that BB10 had to offer, explained to him the flexibility, and that reception is the best (we have alot of fringe areas in our rural area), he said that he would be watching my experience, wanted me to check in with him, and that BB may become a better sell for him, especially because of reception. Heck what was interesting was while they push data speeds, I had to emphasis that phone reception was most of important as my wife is in the medical fields and needed reception for when she is on call.
    It's sad that those who want to buy a BlackBerry have to explain themselves.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:57 PM

Off topic indeed but many don't realize US Olympians are self funded with donations. No Govt involvement.
    02-24-14 08:03 PM
    I love the fact it's Americas fault that 2 arrogant CEOs destroyed a once great company. Can you imagine these dudes never gave Crackberry Kevin a minute of their time. Now, that's arrogance!
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    02-24-14 10:25 PM
    Well, to get back on topic, I received my refurb Q10 today, a day earlier than promised. As I've recounted in the T-Mobile sub-forum, I had no luck Friday night at a local store (I could have ordered a new Q10, but not a refurb; I didn't ask about a Z10 because I already have one). So I skeptically followed the salesman's advice to try calling Customer Care. At first he said the program only included new phones, but when I politely but firmly reminded him that the CMO's newsletter said it was good for any phone T-Mobile sells, he cheerfully agreed. They billed me for the price of the phone, provided free expedited shipping, and applied an immediate $50 credit. The phone included a postage-paid envelope to return my functioning but ancient Curve 8330 for a $200 credit sometime in the next 2-3 billing cycles.

So, it's not a sham or a fake, though it seems to have been rolled out extremely roughly. My experience was that both the local store and the Customer Care agent were sort of aware of the program, though they had to read up on it. (Keep in mind this was the first day of the program.) In neither case did I get ANY pressure at all to consider a different phone. So my personal experience was very professional and I'm the very happy owner of a looks-like-new refurbished Q10. I'm really sorry that so many others seemed to have different experiences, but I get the the impression that it's due to a rough roll-out, not bad faith. (To be fair, it was not like it was planned in advance--Legere pretty much winged it on this, and maybe the details weren't thought out as well as they might have been.)
    02-24-14 11:33 PM
    Well, to get back on topic, I received my refurb Q10 today, a day earlier than promised. As I've recounted in the T-Mobile sub-forum, I had no luck Friday night at a local store (I could have ordered a new Q10, but not a refurb; I didn't ask about a Z10 because I already have one). So I skeptically followed the salesman's advice to try calling Customer Care. At first he said the program only included new phones, but when I politely but firmly reminded him that the CMO's newsletter said it was good for any phone T-Mobile sells, he cheerfully agreed. They billed me for the price of the phone, provided free expedited shipping, and applied an immediate $50 credit. The phone included a postage-paid envelope to return my functioning but ancient Curve 8330 for a $200 credit sometime in the next 2-3 billing cycles.

So, it's not a sham or a fake, though it seems to have been rolled out extremely roughly. My experience was that both the local store and the Customer Care agent were sort of aware of the program, though they had to read up on it. (Keep in mind this was the first day of the program.) In neither case did I get ANY pressure at all to consider a different phone. So my personal experience was very professional and I'm the very happy owner of a looks-like-new refurbished Q10. I'm really sorry that so many others seemed to have different experiences, but I get the the impression that it's due to a rough roll-out, not bad faith. (To be fair, it was not like it was planned in advance--Legere pretty much winged it on this, and maybe the details weren't thought out as well as they might have been.)
    Aw crap! This was the exact deal I wanted but I just couldn't get Customer Service or Account Services to offer it. In the end, I decided to get a Nexus 5 to sell and get a used Q10...
    02-25-14 02:12 AM
    There are plenty of people that think of Wal-Mart and think every American shops there. We are not all made the same.
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:17 AM
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Take a look at other online communities (with people from all over the world). Something is mentioned about Wal-Mart and then there is the "'Murica" comment.
    02-25-14 09:36 AM
    Seems nobody has bb10 devices in stores, no carriers. Could it be BlackBerry has been unable to send out stock?

Posted via CB10 Q10
    NO...Outside of Crackberry Nation, demand for the phones are pretty low elsewhere
    02-25-14 11:11 AM
    Yes. Take a look at other online communities (with people from all over the world). Something is mentioned about Wal-Mart and then there is the "'Murica" comment.

On the flip side, if the US citizenry would not have made Walmart the largest retailer in the USA (and the world), then it wouldn't be such an obvious thing to people to use Walmart as a metaphor for the USA.

Like it or not, Walmart DOES represent US culture, to a large extent. Otherwise they wouldn't do so much business here.
    02-25-14 01:33 PM
    I just realised...if T-Mobile released the Z3, then could you take in an old BlackBerry and get a free Z3 since it is supposed to be under $200.
    02-25-14 02:35 PM
    I just realised...if T-Mobile released the Z3, then could you take in an old BlackBerry and get a free Z3 since it is supposed to be under $200.

Surely T-Mobile would mark it up to $328, and then cheerfully offer you a "$200 discount".
    02-25-14 02:43 PM
    I said it last year and I will repeat myself here again.
    US carriers don't give a crap about Blackberry and they will do anything in there power to stop selling them.
    Blackberry should start opening stores all over the world and sell them direct to customers.
    Also they should release updates over wifi and forget about the carriers.
    anon(4185604) likes this.
    02-25-14 02:47 PM
    screw T-mobile dont give them 1 more penny from your hard earned cash. Go to rogers/att. Thats the only way they will hear the message.
    02-25-14 04:10 PM
    I'd like to share my experience regarding to the title above. I always want a BB10 device, I waited hoping I could get some deals and work out the kinks in the software. Well, that day came today. I was trading in my old bb. Since there's no bb10 phones in the store or any of the store in my area they couldn't get me the $200.00 off. They said the reason for that is they have to process my trade in and get it approve and then they would credit the $200.00 later on my bill. Then the sales rep tried to offer me ios and android, and I told him I only want blackberry. Why can't they just give the $200.00 off? I mean my trade in is right there. It is so frustrating I wish somebody could pass this to Mr. Chen. Then I tried to call the other stores just to make sure and one rep annoyingly tells me "There's no blackberry in any stores." I wish T mobile should've done better. The apology they're making is only lip service nothing else.
    I think you should post your experience and frustration on BlackBerry 's official twitter so they can know about it. This is crazy!!! Seems like everyone is trying to take advantage of BlackBerry while there vulnerable.

Posted via CB10 with my BB z30
    02-25-14 04:20 PM
    I said it last year and I will repeat myself here again.
    US carriers don't give a crap about Blackberry and they will do anything in there power to stop selling them.
    Blackberry should start opening stores all over the world and sell them direct to customers.
    Also they should release updates over wifi and forget about the carriers.
    +1,000,000

BlackBerry might have to do that since as you said the carriers don't give a **** about them since they re not selling like iphones and Samsung s. Plus the fact that BlackBerry is vulnerable they re losing respect from everyone

Posted via CB10 with my BB z30
    02-25-14 04:24 PM
    On the flip side, if the US citizenry would not have made Walmart the largest retailer in the USA (and the world), then it wouldn't be such an obvious thing to people to use Walmart as a metaphor for the USA.

Like it or not, Walmart DOES represent US culture, to a large extent. Otherwise they wouldn't do so much business here.
    Maybe the culture of the sticks and the suburbs - not large metropolises, for sure. I'm in Brooklyn and practically everyone I know never been to a Walmart...
    02-25-14 06:25 PM
    Maybe the culture of the sticks and the suburbs - not large metropolises, for sure. I'm in Brooklyn and practically everyone I know never been to a Walmart...

NYC is a relatively progressive, labor-friendly city and there is probably no room to build a Walmart there anyway. Same situation here in SF.

However there are plenty of them in the suburbs.

Chicago citizenry tried to impose some labor requirements on Walmart when they were proposing to build one there so they responded by rescinding their offer and (if I'm not mistaken) closing some existing stores in the area as retaliation.
    02-25-14 06:38 PM
    I had no trouble at all. I traded in a BlackBerry Curve 3g this morning and got an Alcatel Fierce, plus $40 credit to my monthly bill.

I think I may go swap it out for a Lumia though. The reviews on the Fierce were pretty rough on T-Mobile's website I found out later today...

Swapped it out for the Lumia 521 today. They applied the $25 difference as a credit to my bill and waived the $50 restocking fee. I may do another trade-in on another line. I'd love to sell a couple new Lumias and buy another BB10 phone =D

02-25-14 07:01 PM
    NO...Outside of Crackberry Nation, demand for the phones are pretty low elsewhere
    A few ppl I've spoken to lately would like to check them out..

BlackBerry obviously needs to advertise to increase demand.. especially after other manufacturers' leaks are made public.

Posted via CB10 Q10
    02-25-14 08:14 PM
    NYC is a relatively progressive, labor-friendly city and there is probably no room to build a Walmart there anyway. Same situation here in SF.

However there are plenty of them in the suburbs.

Chicago citizenry tried to impose some labor requirements on Walmart when they were proposing to build one there so they responded by rescinding their offer and (if I'm not mistaken) closing some existing stores in the area as retaliation.
    I think it depends where you're located. Suburbs of NYC have Walmarts in depressed areas and are frequented by people of low means.

Posted via CB10 Q10
    02-25-14 08:20 PM
    Honesty I can not,for the life of me understand how consumers walk into a corporate store and walk out without what they went in for. I hear all the horror stories. We ARE the consumer, they work for us. You have not only the advertisement, but trade in your hand as well? There would be absolutely no way in he** I would leave without what it was I wanted. That's bate-n-switch, false advertising and a number of other illegal practices. Call it what you will it's just plain wrong and illegal.
    I've been on contract with att for a good while now. When we lived in Phoenix cell reception was never an issue. I moved from Phoenix to a small town up north and cell reception was horrid. I came aware if a little thing called a Microcell. I called ATT and was told it would cost me 200 cash. I said nope, they said yes,. About an hour later I found the AT&T corporate site. Shot off an email to (asked not to reveal) Mr bla bla. The next morning (not even 12 hours) I received a phone call and the Microcell was being shipped next day. It all boils down to how much work you are willing to put in to get what you want. If your add says you get 200 off by goodness get your 200 off. If you have to drive 2 hours one way to get it ; gas up the car baby daddy's go on a road trip. Stop taking no as if it were etched in cement. Take a bigger hammer. I would even believe if the police were called, they would see the point as well. Tmo is ahhh heck I can't even begin there

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:54 PM
    I don't see why people in the US don't just:

Buy their phones online
    Upgrade online
    Buy the phone separately, use a SIM-only contract?

Here in the UK SIM only contracts and pay as you go (prepaid) are fairly popular, and SIM only contracts actually have really good deals. We have this one carrier, 3, �20 a month, 12 month contract ($35/month) - 2000 mins, 5000 3-to-3 mins, unlimited texts and all-you-can-eat data no fair usage policy, tethering allowed.

However, the store reps and stuff are still s.h.i.t.h.e.a.d.s /:

Next time I wanna buy a BlackBerry phone, I'll go in the store and the second the guy says "Why" I'll be like "I want to purchase one, just do your job" - the only way is to be rude to them, these smart@$$es.

I went to the Apple store once and I'm like what's so great about an iPhone? The dude was weird, gay American accent in the UK(not saying American accents are gay but he had the gay American accent) and started smiling at me and was all like "Because it's an iPhone, what's there not to love". He was extremely expressive and his argument was backed up by all 10 of his gestures but none of his "facts".

Never mind, Apple doesn't have gestures, might as well change that last line

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 09:18 PM
108 12345