I guess it depends on the store. My experience was nothing like this. I went in Saturday evening, asked for the offer on 2 Q10s, and presented a Bold 9900 and a Pearl 8120. They keyed in both IMEI numbers, grabbed my credit card to cover sales tax, and said the EIP plan will show $478 per phone (the $50 additional promo is immediately applied) and that my trade-in will drop $200 when received.

Now when I got home I realized I was signed up for JUMP and insurance on both phones. I called CS and they added a $20 credit to give me a few days to call back and cancel and not have to worry about 3-4 days of charges. However, this is typical of every phone I've ever bought at a retail store. Always call CS and verify any changes that happened to your account and undo the damage from the store.

1 of the 2 phones already shipped and shows delivery today, the other is backordered.
    02-24-14 07:21 AM
    I'm not on contract with them. I'm on prepaid. I did exactly that, 'tried to switch to their competitor, but run in to another problem with that and that's another story.
    It shouldn't matter. I'll quote the 'offer' they present to the public below. They can't change the rules as they go - that would be deceiptful and misleading. FWIW, Mike Sievert has been tweeting all stores and phone reps should be onboard soon.

"...We’ve been working overtime here to find the best possible way to show BlackBerry users exactly how much we appreciate and respect your passion for and loyalty to T-Mobile and to BlackBerry.

So this is what we’re going to do.

Starting this Friday, we’re offering $200 credit toward a new device when you trade in your current BlackBerry and upgrade to one of the latest, greatest devices. Purchase any device we offer at T-Mobile. It’s that simple. Bring in your old, working BlackBerry and we’ll give you $200 toward a new BlackBerry or any of our other state-of-the-art smartphones.i In addition, for those existing T-Mobile BlackBerry customers trading-in and choosing a new BlackBerry Q10 or Z10, we're offering an ADDITIONAL $50 off the purchase price of that new BlackBerry. These offers will be available for a limited time.

With our new $200 trade-in offer, combined with our Contract Freedom program (which pays off your early termination fees when you switch to T-Mobile and trade-in your eligible device), that’s a pretty sweet deal for any BlackBerry user. Whoever your current carrier may be.ii There has never been a better time for BlackBerry users to switch to T-Mobile.

As I mentioned above, if you’re a BlackBerry user and already with T-Mobile, we’re going to sweeten the deal even more. Simply trade in your current working BlackBerry and get an extra $50 toward a new BlackBerry 10 device. That’s a total of $250 toward a beautiful new BlackBerry Q10 or Z10 or $200 toward any other device. Got a working BlackBerry 6820 (or other retro-cool BlackBerry) you’re ready to part with? Bring it in and upgrade to your new dream machine. Boom.

As the Un-carrier, we believe in advocating for the customer and delivering choice. So, for example, if you’re a BlackBerry user enrolled in JUMP!, we’ll take a look at both options available to you and give you the very best deal. The market value of used BlackBerry's ranges from $5 per device to a little over $100. Our new offer of $200 for your BlackBerry is intended to go way beyond current market value, as a thank-you to our customers and those BlackBerry users switching to T-Mobile.

So come in to any of our more than 3,000 T-Mobile retail stores across the country to take advantage of this BlackBerry Loyalty Reward offer. BTW, even if we don’t have a BlackBerry device you want in-store, we’re offering free expedited shipping of every new BlackBerry in our portfolio to make sure you get your new device fast...."
    Last edited by anontoday; 02-24-14 at 07:38 AM. Reason: formatting
    02-24-14 07:36 AM
    I had the same experience. I called the 800 number twice, did an online chat, and went to two different stores. All of them told me they don't sell the BlackBerry Z10 at all, you can't even order it to be shipped to the store or your home. One store told me they can't get me the Q10 "we can only sell what we stock in the store, no orders" and the other was able to get me the Q10 shipped to me.
    Not true, of course. Print the contents of this url http://multimediacapsule.thomsonone....MQ-_-HPT-_-GET $200 WHEN YOU TRADE IN YOUR BLACKBERRY DEVICE

Take it with you to the store and politely demand they honour it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-24-14 07:52 AM
    You need to tweet @JohnLegere who was tweeting about bringing choice to BB users. Chen has done his part, Legere needs to do his.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    02-24-14 08:51 AM
    only in the U.S. stuff like that happens, soo arrogant..
    R Field likes this.
    02-24-14 01:00 PM
    Since there's no bb10 phones in the store or any of the store in my area they couldn't get me the $200.00 off. They said the reason for that is they have to process my trade in and get it approve and then they would credit the $200.00 later on my bill. Then the sales rep tried to offer me ios and android, and I told him I only want blackberry. [...]

Then I tried to call the other stores just to make sure and one rep annoyingly tells me "There's no blackberry in any stores."

This same story has been repeatedly shared here. As others have stated, many of us concluded this was a trojan horse from the start.

By the way, one of the stores I called yesterday, I asked for a BlackBerry Z10, he said "oh no you don't want a BlackBerry phone. You want a nexus 5 instead". I asked him why he said that, he said "BlackBerry will be out of business soon".

Color me "surprised".

Plenty of other examples here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/t-mobil...kberry-907485/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/t-mobil...-again-907353/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/t-mobil...-offer-907414/
    02-24-14 01:11 PM
    only in the U.S. stuff like that happens, soo arrogant..
    LOL. Yes, this has to do with the ENTIRE USA, not just T-Mobile.

Rogers didn't even want to sell the devices to begin with, right?

Please...
    02-24-14 01:29 PM
    LOL. Yes, this has to do with the ENTIRE USA, not just T-Mobile.

Rogers didn't even want to sell the devices to begin with, right?

Please...
    it's not even just phones, it's everything like a simple thing: medals in the olympics, instead of going by the official olympic medal point system they change it to overall medals. Now the typical american thinks they were 2nd place in the olympics but in reality they are 4th.

At least with Rogers everyone showed there complaints similar to what happened with T-Mobile. Rogers didn't see the Z30 being able to sell, which is fine from a business standpoint. But then customers voiced their complaints and within days Rogers acts "professionally" towards the matter and makes Z30 available online. No questions asked.

Sure you walk into a store into a Canada/every other country and say you want something, they try to steer you towards the most popular phones. But the result is if you really want the phone they will sell ti to you no questions asked. Not completely lie to you, saying they don't carry them anymore. That's a reoccurring American thing.

Another thing while we are on that subject, 10.2.1 This is the second closest to a global reason of any OS ever; obviously the first being Apple. Carriers that waited wanted the 2141 instead of the 1925 which is reasonable. But then there is the U.S. with not even a peep about the new OS launch but lies.

I'm sorry for the good americans (I have a beach house in CA and I'm in the US every month and there is a lot of good ones) but example like this https://twitter.com/JohnLegere, you will only see that professionalism in the states.
    Last edited by khehl; 02-24-14 at 02:04 PM.
    02-24-14 01:52 PM
    My goodness, when will this shenanigan end in your "good ol" USA?
    02-24-14 02:09 PM
    Jeez..............get off the hating of the USA already. While I will be the first to admit there is plenty of things wrong in this country.....there is also plenty of things right. I love BlackBerry and it saddens me that it is doing so poorly here- but this is not the only place it has fallen behind in, and I think it will be the first place it becomes popular in again when Chen is done doing his makeover. Americans love an underdog!

Maybe it is just me - but I don't bash a whole country for the things "some" people do. I happen to be American and proud of it.
    02-24-14 02:39 PM
    Jeez..............get off the hating of the USA already. While I will be the first to admit there is plenty of things wrong in this country.....there is also plenty of things right. I love BlackBerry and it saddens me that it is doing so poorly here- but this is not the only place it has fallen behind in, and I think it will be the first place it becomes popular in again when Chen is done doing his makeover. Americans love an underdog!

Maybe it is just me - but I don't bash a whole country for the things "some" people do. I happen to be American and proud of it.
    People seem great, the corporate big whigs not so often as pleasant, strictly business and yes somethings are done right and wrong like any other country... now back to the topic of phones!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 02:49 PM
    it's not even just phones, it's everything like a simple thing: medals in the olympics, instead of going by the official olympic medal point system they change it to overall medals. Now the typical american thinks they were 2nd place in the olympics but in reality they are 4th.

At least with Rogers everyone showed there complaints similar to what happened with T-Mobile. Rogers didn't see the Z30 being able to sell, which is fine from a business standpoint. But then customers voiced their complaints and within days Rogers acts "professionally" towards the matter and makes Z30 available online. No questions asked.

Sure you walk into a store into a Canada/every other country and say you want something, they try to steer you towards the most popular phones. But the result is if you really want the phone they will sell ti to you no questions asked. Not completely lie to you, saying they don't carry them anymore. That's a reoccurring American thing.

Another thing while we are on that subject, 10.2.1 This is the second closest to a global reason of any OS ever; obviously the first being Apple. Carriers that waited wanted the 2141 instead of the 1925 which is reasonable. But then there is the U.S. with not even a peep about the new OS launch but lies.

I'm sorry for the good americans (I have a beach house in CA and I'm in the US every month and there is a lot of good ones) but example like this https://twitter.com/JohnLegere, you will only see that professionalism in the states.
    Yes all of this only happens in America. No one in Canada lies. No one in Canada is arrogant, and ALL Canadians are the most amazing people in the world.

Again, if you want to bash America, take it somewhere else.

The very company this forum is based on (BlackBerry), has lied and left empty promises (PlayBook) and is a Canadian company. This said company was also led by two arrogant CO-CEOs, who founded the company and put BB in the position it is in now do to their inability to adapt to the market.

Arrogance, lies and ignorance is present in every country. It may be more evident in the USA because we have one of the largest populations in the world, and eyes are on us at all times. There are plenty of people that think of Wal-Mart and think every American shops there. We are not all made the same.
    02-24-14 03:16 PM
    Sorry to hear op had bad experience I used it to turn in 2 Bold 9930's and will get my 2 Q 10's Tuesday. This marks a return to BlackBerry for me as I am getting over the whole playbook thing and THOR is gone AMEN!
    02-24-14 03:16 PM
    Yes all of this only happens in America. No one in Canada lies. No one in Canada is arrogant, and ALL Canadians are the most amazing people in the world.

Again, if you want to bash America, take it somewhere else.

The very company this forum is based on (BlackBerry), has lied and left empty promises (PlayBook) and is a Canadian company. This said company was also led by two arrogant CO-CEOs, who founded the company and put BB in the position it is in now do to their inability to adapt to the market.

Arrogance, lies and ignorance is present in every country. It may be more evident in the USA because we have one of the largest populations in the world, and eyes are on us at all times. There are plenty of people that think of Wal-Mart and think every American shops there. We are not all made the same.
    "I'm sorry for the good americans (I have a beach house in CA and I'm in the US every month and there is a lot of good ones) "

I'm stating there are a lot of good people in the U.S.

3 past CEOs that have no idea what they are doing. Mike/Jim were stubborn. Thorstein didn't intend to "lie" he just wasn't smart enough to think ahead and know that BB10 needs 2GB of ram.
    This is a pointless rebuttal because that is not arrogance, it's ignorance there is a difference. Also there is a difference between lie and making a mistake/being stubborn

T-Mobile and Blackberry are partners (not competitors, there is also a difference) they should be helping one another not throwing one under the bus. I'm not saying they should recommend a BB10 phone to everyone since we all know Blackberry doesn't deserve it because of not making those promises (Playbook) and failing to innovate (in the world's eyes: I personally love BB10 and think it's the best phone out). But T-Mobile should at least be carrying BB10 on their site like they "say" they are which is an actual lie and for that deal stop lying about not having BB10 phones. Their objective is obviously for those BBOS7 owners to trade them in for other phones since they have no BB10 phones, except a Q10 refurb. Then they tell you it's a deal for BB10 phones that you will get free shipping which is a lie because there is no BB10 phones to ship.

Again I will state, i do love going to the U.S. and love the people. But this is just the i'm better then everyone else mentality that the U.S. seems to put off.
    Last edited by khehl; 02-24-14 at 03:48 PM.
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-24-14 03:36 PM
    It is so frustrating I wish somebody could pass this to Mr. Chen.
    This seems to be a norm around here now. "I'm writing to Mr. Chen", "Someone should tell Mr. Chen", "Mr. Chen will hear about this". What do you think Mr. Chen is actually going to do? He probably doesn't even hear about any of your peasant problems.
    02-24-14 03:43 PM
    Yes this sucks the big green one. The original ad did not say anything about shipping phones around the country. It does kind of imply that it should happen in store. Do you have to order one into a store then purchase? Or are they not willing to do even that?

I had high praise for T-Mobile a couple of weeks ago as the store here in Cathedral City, CA seem to bend over backwards for me when Best Buy guys wouldn't get off there you know whats to help. All I was doing was trying to do was to purchase a SIM card, have it installed and purchase a one month plan for my unlocked Z10. The store manager went to bat for me. Best Buy has a 100 employees working and not one will ask you if they can help you. Sorry short rant.

OP, I hope you get things sorted out in your favor. Don't give and as one of the posters stated above, tweet the crap out of it to the CEO of T-Mobile.
    02-24-14 03:47 PM
    Sorry to hear op had bad experience I used it to turn in 2 Bold 9930's and will get my 2 Q 10's Tuesday. This marks a return to BlackBerry for me as I am getting over the whole playbook thing and THOR is gone AMEN!
    Where did you get yours at? Just trying to help the OP.
    02-24-14 03:51 PM
    3 past CEOs that have no idea what they are doing. Mike/Jim were stubborn. Thorstein didn't intend to "lie" he just wasn't smart enough to think ahead and know that BB10 needs 2GB of ram.
    Mike/Jim were stubborn? Sure, they didn't foresee that full touch was where people were going, but why should they at the time? They were at the top of the game. They couldn't radically change from the status quo or people would reject them. Have you not read all the threads about BB10 being too different from BBOS7 and BlackBerry should go back to the way it was (same buttons and interface) and just make things faster, like with a BBOS8? Maybe they were listen to those people! Also, if you'll notice, iOS got somewhat stuck as well, watching Android pass them by. When Mike/Jim did realize they needed to do something, they laid the groundwork and bought QNX, then made an attempt with the PlayBook. Sure, that didn't work out so well because they rushed it, but the PlayBook is still a solid device.

As for Thor, how do you know the sequence of events didn't happen like this: BB10 gets the Android Runtime, as a backup to native apps. PlayBook is announced to have the BB10 upgrade. Native apps never materialize in the volume necessary to have a viable ecosystem so Android Runtime becomes a must, and requires 2 GB RAM. Now the feasibility of running BB10 on PlayBook is killed.
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-24-14 03:58 PM
    My small business rep and local store are being great. My store has never sold a Z10 (sure wish they had a Z30), he did ask why I wanted a Z10, and when I told him I liked all that BB10 had to offer, explained to him the flexibility, and that reception is the best (we have alot of fringe areas in our rural area), he said that he would be watching my experience, wanted me to check in with him, and that BB may become a better sell for him, especially because of reception. Heck what was interesting was while they push data speeds, I had to emphasis that phone reception was most of important as my wife is in the medical fields and needed reception for when she is on call.
    02-24-14 04:00 PM
    Mike/Jim were stubborn? Sure, they didn't foresee that full touch was where people were going, but why should they at the time? They were at the top of the game. They couldn't radically change from the status quo or people would reject them. Have you not read all the threads about BB10 being too different from BBOS7 and BlackBerry should go back to the way it was (same buttons and interface) and just make things faster, like with a BBOS8? Maybe they were listen to those people! Also, if you'll notice, iOS got somewhat stuck as well, watching Android pass them by. When Mike/Jim did realize they needed to do something, they laid the groundwork and bought QNX, then made an attempt with the PlayBook. Sure, that didn't work out so well because they rushed it, but the PlayBook is still a solid device.

As for Thor, how do you know the sequence of events didn't happen like this: BB10 gets the Android Runtime, as a backup to native apps. PlayBook is announced to have the BB10 upgrade. Native apps never materialize in the volume necessary to have a viable ecosystem so Android Runtime becomes a must, and requires 2 GB RAM. Now the feasibility of running BB10 on PlayBook is killed.
    Ok now we are way off topic lol, I was summarizing because we were talking about T-Mobile not the Blackberry CEO mistakes. I'm done replying on that note :P

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 04:09 PM
    "I'm sorry for the good americans (I have a beach house in CA and I'm in the US every month and there is a lot of good ones) "

I'm stating there are a lot of good people in the U.S.

This is a pointless rebuttal because that is not arrogance, it's ignorance there is a difference. Also there is a difference between lie and making a mistake/being stubborn

T-Mobile and Blackberry are partners (not competitors, there is also a difference) they should be helping one another not throwing one under the bus. I'm not saying they should recommend a BB10 phone to everyone since we all know Blackberry doesn't deserve it because of not making those promises (Playbook) and failing to innovate (in the world's eyes: I personally love BB10 and think it's the best phone out). But T-Mobile should at least be carrying BB10 on their site like they "say" they are which is an actual lie and for that deal stop lying about not having BB10 phones. Their objective is obviously for those BBOS7 owners to trade them in for other phones since they have no BB10 phones, except a Q10 refurb. Then they tell you it's a deal for BB10 phones that you will get free shipping which is a lie because there is no BB10 phones to ship.

Again I will state, i do love going to the U.S. and love the people. But this is just the i'm better then everyone else mentality that the U.S. seems to put off.
    This is just T-Mobile doing this and NO ONE ELSE. This is not a USA problem, it is a T-MOBILE USA problem.

Why do you think some Americans do think they are better than everyone else? Oh, I don't know, because we have people going through hoops to try and make themselves citizens, we have people who come here illegally, we have people who have children in the US just to be here. We are a super power, we have a huge effect on the global economy, we set most of the trends, we are a land of diversified people, you can basically do anything you want here and the list goes on. It is pretty easy to see why some Americans may think they are better than everyone else. Some are also extremely patriotic.

I'm human, I think we all suck equally. I just happen to reside in the USA.
    02-24-14 04:10 PM

Why do you think some Americans do think they are better than everyone else? Oh, I don't know, because we have people going through hoops to try and make themselves citizens, we have people who come here illegally, we have people who have children in the US just to be here. We are a super power, we have a huge effect on the global economy, we set most of the trends.
    Thanks for that, hopefully you are not a lawyer

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 02-24-14 at 04:36 PM.
    02-24-14 04:14 PM
    Well, I decided to upgrade or downgrade depending how you look at it back to the z10 from q10. I called them up they are paying off q10 and getting me the z. No issues free expedited shipping. I'm happy. Nothing was wrong with the Q just I rather have screen over keyboard.

Smacked in the face with my Q10.
    02-24-14 04:31 PM
    I do wish they had the Z30 though. Hard to think they will continue to support BlackBerry with not having in store. I hope that the new wifi app can keep up with future updates so I don't need to wait for official release.

Smacked in the face with my Q10.
    02-24-14 04:34 PM

How many Americans actually watch or give a damn about the Winter Olympics? Not very many here in the Deep South.
    avt123 and MelCali82 like this.
    02-24-14 04:59 PM
108 1234 ...